Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496210 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #465 on: July 13, 2012, 08:46:21 am »
Well I found one good way of losing weight although not a healthy one. Last night I had a really bad case of gastro and I couldn't keep up with things wanting to come out of both ends (sorry tmi) and still don't feel well however I lost 2.5kgs overnight.

Fortunately I had parents who were able to come over and look after little one and limit contact with me as she's already underweight so I'd hate for her to lose more weight 'cos of me. Hubby was great too, doing what he could to assist me during this horrible thing I had to go through.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #466 on: July 13, 2012, 10:20:28 am »
Oh no Tasty, hope everyone else doesn't get it :o
I hate gastro :(
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #467 on: July 13, 2012, 10:21:47 am »
I just jumped on my new scales and actually weigh 90.1kgs - worse than my Fat B***h weight  :'( :'( :'( I have got a lot of weight to lose, but I'm really intrigued with this little device and have already earnt my first badge climbing up and down the stairs 11 times. I see you can link somehow with friends, so we can probably do that once we work out how to. I'll go for a ride on my bike soon to see if I can use up some steps or something. (yikes! I should be working...)

Wish we had stairs, I would climb up and down them several times just to earn a badge lol.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:21:49 am by judydawn »

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #468 on: July 13, 2012, 10:36:33 am »
Well I found one good way of losing weight although not a healthy one. Last night I had a really bad case of gastro and I couldn't keep up with things wanting to come out of both ends (sorry tmi) and still don't feel well however I lost 2.5kgs overnight.

Fortunately I had parents who were able to come over and look after little one and limit contact with me as she's already underweight so I'd hate for her to lose more weight 'cos of me. Hubby was great too, doing what he could to assist me during this horrible thing I had to go through.

Oh Tasty you poor thing! That sounds horrible :(
You're right, its definitely not a healthy way to lose weight. Good thinking getting your daughter out of the infection zone!

jakodai

« Reply #469 on: July 13, 2012, 12:24:42 pm »
There's certainly something nasty going around at the moment.

There's a frozen yoghurt place that has opened p near me, and it's beautiful! I had some tonight and it was so good.  I think I'm going to make it my weekly treat for being a good girl... From what I can tell, 100g is 140 calories, and then there's toppings. I'm not a big fan of most of the toppings as I didn't think the flavored yoghurt needed it, but they had these little balls filled with mango juice which were really nice, and complimented the ferero roche flavored yogurt nicely, 

Everything in moderation...

• View Profile
« Reply #470 on: July 13, 2012, 12:27:33 pm »
Oh Amanda, that sounds soooo good.... I think I'll move to Melbourne :D

jakodai

« Reply #471 on: July 13, 2012, 12:48:14 pm »
We'll go there when you come & stay for the baking competition. ;-)

• View Profile
« Reply #472 on: July 13, 2012, 12:49:40 pm »
LOL we probably shouldn't talk about baking on a weight loss thread ;D

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #473 on: July 13, 2012, 12:53:31 pm »
Or chocolate, icecream, cake, biscuits and more chocolate. Oops sorry :D

• View Profile
« Reply #474 on: July 13, 2012, 01:07:08 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D
Testing our will power Mandi? ;)

Right now I'm actually craving an apple but I already had one :-\ :-))

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #475 on: July 13, 2012, 01:38:33 pm »
surely you can have an apple?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

• View Profile
« Reply #476 on: July 13, 2012, 01:43:00 pm »
I dunno CP, but I did anyway ;D

I'll have to ask my PT what my apple ration is :-))

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #477 on: July 13, 2012, 03:56:41 pm »
there are apparently 90 cals in an apple. I would have an apple if you wanted it. I think Weight Watchers let you have as much fruit as you want. There are worser sins.

I really excelled myself today. I got the Fit Bit about midday lets say, and I couldn't stop logging on and tracking. I took the dog for a walk late arvo and when I got close to home I was 3,000 steps short of my 10,000 goal so I detoured and added. Normally I would just walk the route. I also walked up and down a few more stairs, and around 9pm tonight DD and I walked around the lounge chairs to get a couple of "badges".  (We laughed as we were doing it cos it was so daggy, every one else is out there dancing and mingling and we are walking around our lounge chairs). T

his is way more exercise than I would do in an average day, and I enjoy knowing where I am at statistically. This is getting a 5/5 for me so far. I reckon these gadgets are going to go off with a blast.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #478 on: July 13, 2012, 10:30:35 pm »
Those fit bits sound great, I've always used a heart rate monitor when I do any exercise and that keeps motivation up and makes me push a little harder. I've just started using the Nike + on my iPod plus the heart rate monitor and still learning but I'm loving the website and the extra info you get.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: July 13, 2012, 10:57:34 pm »
CP I just imagined you guys walking around the lounge in circles and couldn't help but laugh. But like you I deliberately walked extra to get my 10,000 steps in for the day. The fitbit does make you more motivated to keep moving. I find myself not wanting to sit but stand more as it burns more calories standing than sitting etc. I'm loving it so far too :)