Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496457 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #405 on: July 11, 2012, 07:17:00 am »
Sorry, also tried to edit to add that I admire your dedication, fantastic job.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 11, 2012, 07:33:11 am »
Thanks Wonder :D

Just remember that I used to be 23kg heavier than I am now though. I was overweight, I didn't exercise, I ate junk food and I didn't really care about my body. I could never have done this sort of exercise back then. It has taken a good couple of years for me to build up my fitness to this level, and I still can't really believe how much I have changed and improved.
So trust me, there are days when I walk into my PT session and think "I can't do this, there is no way I can do this." But I just remind myself how many times I have said that before in my life and how many times I have proved myself wrong, and I know that I can do it ;)

It's all about the psychology. If you have a strong mind and determination, you can do anything :D

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 11, 2012, 07:41:39 am »
I would still like to lose another 20 kgs,

:o :o :o have you lost 20kgs?

I've decided that I have been kidding myself. I haven't started the challenge yet.

I wish but no CP lave lost just over 12kgs, I still need to lose about 20 kgs.

Come on CP you can do it, , there is always tomorrow to start, it took me awhile to really get on track, I am eating more now that I ever have. Have a morning and afternoon snack of nuts or yoghurt. Haven't felt hungry, or craved chocolate.  And I was a chocoholic.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #408 on: July 11, 2012, 07:47:31 am »
Another chocoholic here too. I ate way way too much :(
But I really don't crave it anymore. I have had 1 chocolate since starting the challenge as I figure I shouldn't cut it out completely. I now crave other foods that are much healthier options like yoghurt, nuts and fruit :)
And I really enjoy my earning meal with lots of veggies. I'm slowly re training my body and mind to eat the right things :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 11, 2012, 07:48:19 am »

It's all about the psychology. If you have a strong mind and determination, you can do anything :D

That is so true Amy,

I dont think I could do 2 - 3 hrs each day, good on you Amy.
I can manage about 1 hr a day most days.

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 11, 2012, 07:54:06 am »
Dede it does take awhile to train your body and mind, we eat more veggies now that we did before less potato's and starchy veggies,  don't get nice potato's here in the west, miss my tassie spuds.

stacelee

« Reply #411 on: July 11, 2012, 08:00:47 am »
I barely have time at the moment to do 1/2 an hour a day :( but that will change when my son finishes school.  Its one of the reasons why I bought the tracker so I can increase my number of steps during day by being aware of how much I'm moving.  I lost 22.6kg since the end of October last year, but my weight loss has pretty much stalled for the last couple of months and I actually put about 3 kg back on....I had started to do the whole yoyo dieting thing again.  I'm a stress eater and with work and a child in grade 12, life has been very stressful and I've eaten accordingly.  I'm trying now to get into a better routine and manage my stress (without killing either of the teenagers who are currently b**ching and complaining at each other....anyone want two kids?)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:44:14 am by judydawn »

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 11, 2012, 08:03:42 am »
I wish I could join you girls. I am overweight but with PCOS and a thyroid disorder it is impossible to lose weight. You girls and guys are so inspiring.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 11, 2012, 08:12:56 am »
Yeh I agree, I need to be stronger though and pick a healthier option on a weekend when we have takeaway. DH loves KFC and I pay for it on my waist eating stuff like that :(

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 11, 2012, 08:15:01 am »
Stacelee you can keep your 2 teenages :D sorry I have 2 (almost 3) of my own :(
They can certainly be testy at times.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 11, 2012, 08:15:36 am »
I wish I could join you girls. I am overweight but with PCOS and a thyroid disorder it is impossible to lose weight. You girls and guys are so inspiring.

What's PCOS DG?

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 11, 2012, 08:31:34 am »
Poly cystic Ovary Syndrome. When my eggs die they attach themselves to my ovaries and then I have a bad bleed to get rid of them. Unfortunately my body gets rid of all eggs, fertilized and unfertilized. It also effects your insulin levels. This has caused me to also have insulin resistance.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

stacelee

« Reply #417 on: July 11, 2012, 08:53:46 am »
Dede,

We have changed our takeaway to Nandos.  The kids and my husband have burgers & chips and I have the chicken tenderloins and corn.....everyone is happy and I don't blow my diet to hell.  I can agree with your husband about KFC...it is my comfort food.  My son nearly worked there, he was given the job but was offered one at McDonalds on the day he was going to start work.  I was very glad when he decided to go to Maccas, although I overdosed on Chai Lattes the first few months he was there.  I don't really like their food but do like McCafe.  Getting everything at half price when the kids are working was a little too tempting.  I now don't walk in the door, I just dump and run.  Getting a Nespresso machine at home helped....removed the need to bring a latte home for my husband when I dropped the kids off.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 11, 2012, 08:57:26 am »
DG that sounds horrible, you poor thing. :(
I have heard of it but really didn't know what the symptoms were. Obviously that would make it really difficult to get pregnant then.

Offline ElleG

• View Profile
« Reply #419 on: July 11, 2012, 08:58:12 am »
I'll give you an example of my weekly exercise routine Wonder. All my PT sessions are 2-3 hours and I do cardio and weights training ;)

Monday - PT
Tuesday - PT
Wednesday - PT
Thursday - Swim or run (at least 1 hour)
Friday - PT
Saturday - Walk or jog (at least an hour)
Sunday - Swim or run (at least an hour)

I love exercise. Its my drug ;D

Wow Amy, that's an impressive amount of exercise! Do you work shift work? How do you fit it all in?

DG, I also have Pocs, and chronic pain. Last surgery was six months ago and i am still looking for exercises that will not stir up neuralgia. I am loving Qi gong, have just discovered it. The meds I am on can really pack on the weight! I know where you are coming from, especially with a thyroid problem, it is so difficult to loose weight.

I have managed to go from 91.5 kgs to 69kgs over the last  six years. All the purist can look away LOL last 9 kgs was with the HCG diet with Cyndi O'Meara.  The easiest weight loss I have ever had - even though prob due to my meds I lost half of the lowest expected weight.  I will go back in a few months and loose another 4 - 5 kgs. I am 170 cm tall, so jut a few more kgs will look better.

Good luck everyone on your weight loss journey.