Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496060 times)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #375 on: July 09, 2012, 11:37:35 am »
AHHHH!!! I WANT ONE TOO!!!

jakodai

« Reply #376 on: July 09, 2012, 01:58:10 pm »
Oh, Stacelee, you're evil! Enticing us with gadgets! I think I'll be getting this with my tax return... It seems perfect. I like to use a pedometer, but I gave up because I never actually tracked it - this makes it so simple! I've had a bit of a look at their website, and I like the look of the flower. That kind of logic works on me, I'd be devastated when IF the flower shrunk! lol
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:03:44 pm by jakodai »

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 09, 2012, 03:40:21 pm »
Well Ok my Fat bBtch weight is 86. Thats all I am can register cos I don't know another weight other than what the doc has weighed me in under. I like the sound of that fit bit thing or is it fat bat? I'm happy to swing and purchase in about 3-4 weeks if its worth it.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #378 on: July 09, 2012, 09:10:47 pm »
We will have to keep you informed CP. I might get the scales as well in a couple of weeks. I wonder if I will get my fitbit this week?
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 09, 2012, 10:29:09 pm »
I'm not looking at the fit bit, I'm hopeless with gadgets and just paid out for a new iPod nano which has the inbuilt pedometer and links to the Nike site so no more spending money on keeping fit gadgets for a while.

stacelee

« Reply #380 on: July 09, 2012, 11:27:56 pm »
I got my fitbit from Harvey Norman and the scales as well.  We then had to go back and get my husband one.  The guy I dealt with at Harvey Norman had no idea what he was selling and was telling the cashier that the tracker was the wifi dongle for the scales.....I wish people would learn their products.  For some bizarre reason the second Harvey Norman had the scales and trackers in the computer department.

The tracker seems to be working for me...I'm down another 1/2 kilo this morning.  It is definately making me more aware of moving.  I'm in my office today and I've made a point of walking up and down our warehouse twenty times (looked really stupid but it is exercise)  I'll be sitting at my desk for most of the day so I'm going to try and do that at least a couple more times.  It is 38 step from the roller door to the back wall so it will help a little....but I think the treadmill will be in my future tonight.

jakodai

« Reply #381 on: July 09, 2012, 11:46:56 pm »
Thanks for letting me know you got it from Harvey Norman - I'd prefer to buy like that from a 'real' shop than online. It's nice to know if something goes wrong it's easy to get fixed. And I'd want it as soon as I get my tax return. I'm nt good at waiting! Lol

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 09, 2012, 11:50:10 pm »
The fitbit web site said postage 5-7 days (I think)
I'm hoping I will get it this week but most likely next week. :)

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 10, 2012, 12:14:25 am »
Thanks for letting me know you got it from Harvey Norman - I'd prefer to buy like that from a 'real' shop than online. It's nice to know if something goes wrong it's easy to get fixed. And I'd want it as soon as I get my tax return. I'm nt good at waiting! Lol

Ditto to everything you said there Amanda! ;)

I'm going to go to Harvey Norman tomorrow :D

Does everyone know that even fidgeting burns calories? I tap my feet all the time. I bet thats how I lost 23kg.... :-))

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 10, 2012, 12:47:53 am »
Lol Amy, well I better start Tapping my fingers and feet a lot more :D

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 10, 2012, 12:51:08 am »
It certainly wouldn't hurt Mandi (unless someone got sick of your tapping and threw something at you) ;D

I have a proper statistic somewhere of how many more calories are burned by fidgeters. I'll see if I can find it, and I'll be writing up that snippet on the GI today as well ;)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 10, 2012, 02:15:26 am »
I bet thats how I lost 23kg.... :-))

:o wow! I'm impressed!
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

• View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 10, 2012, 06:18:26 am »
Thanks CP :D

It took a lot of sweat, tears and determination 8)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 10, 2012, 01:12:26 pm »
Well did my weekly weigh in and still the same weight as last week - which is actually a good thing as I ate quite a few naughty snacks. Don't seem to be as tempted this week.

Well done Stacelee - you are doing really well!!

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 10, 2012, 01:28:58 pm »
Wel I've finally got back to the gym after two weeks of being sick and a few other not so great things upset my routine, we don't have scales at home so could only weigh myself tonight and I was plesently surprised I've dropped about 900gr. I pretty much eat what I want but stick with my green smoothies for breakfast and with no alcohol this month I'm hoping to lose a few kegs. I'm currently 66.1 kegs and while I would like to get back to 60kg I'm not prepared to give up very much. I'll see if the no alcohol makes a difference to my weight and also try and get back to exercising 4 to 5 times a week which I was doing until the last few weeks.