Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496524 times)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #360 on: July 09, 2012, 02:19:55 am »
Weigh in this morning. I knew it would be bad but did it anyway. I had a bad week last week, binged fro 3 days straight then had the my sister and BiL arrive.

Official weight up 2.6kg from 74 to 76.6. Sorry to let the side down. I am just going to try and not gain any more weight until my family leaves then I will get back into serious weight loss.

I did manage a run this morning, 6 km.

Since everyone else seems to have added their height I am 174cm or about 5'8 inches.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #361 on: July 09, 2012, 03:46:11 am »
Oops Dash, glad your not giving up quiet yet.
I'm worried about my weigh in too on Wednesday. :o

By the way I'm 5 foot 5 inches (same as Hally)
I will try to be extra good for the next 2 days :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 09, 2012, 04:39:27 am »
Good luck everyone :D Don't worry about the things you can't control, and plan the things that you can control so you don't have to worry ;)
I know we can do this, we are strong, determind people 8)

Hally, I don't think you would need to lose much weight at all ???

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 09, 2012, 04:46:11 am »
Yes I agree Amy, If I weighed between 62-66kg I would be over the moon. My goal in 63kg. Can't wait to be in the 60s again as its been 12 years since I weighed 63kg. :)

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 09, 2012, 05:25:28 am »
Imagine how great you'll feel when you get there Mandi :D :D :D

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 09, 2012, 05:34:23 am »
I can't wait Amy, and that's why I'm not going to give up. Even if I have a bad day or two I'm going to pull my self together and keep trying :D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 09, 2012, 06:07:46 am »
Going great everyone..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

stacelee

« Reply #367 on: July 09, 2012, 09:12:09 am »
I thought I better check in :)...I am still around but life is hectic at the moment with stocktake at work and kids on holidays :(.  Roll on the end of July...at least the kids are both back at school tomorrow.

I have lost 3.1 kg and acquired a new toy.  I am now using a fitbit tracker because I am trying to improve my exercise.  I was concerned that my weight loss would slow again because I am not a very physical person.  The fitbit is basically a glorified pedometer (sp?) that has just been released in Australia.  It calculates your number of steps etc and automatically syncs with your computer and the internet and it has a ipod/android app.  It has really made me conscious of keeping moving.  I also was extravagant and bought their wifi scales.  They synchronise wirelessly and upload your weight to a website to track it.  I'm now using myfitnesspal to track my food because they interact with fitbit and my exercise loads into myfitnesspal and my food back into fitbit.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 09, 2012, 09:58:04 am »
Wow stacelee you are going great guns, well done. The pedometer thing sounds really interesting. I would live to hear more about it. Might have to look it up and read up on it. :)

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 09, 2012, 10:21:36 am »
I just had a look at the fitbit web site. Looks really good. I wouldn't mind getting a pedometer myself as well, great way to help keep you motivated to keep moving.

stacelee

« Reply #370 on: July 09, 2012, 10:42:31 am »
According to my husband, the fitbit is the equivalent of a thermomix....and a standard pedometer is the equivalent of a rotary beater.  I'm just finding it good because I don't have to think about entering anything in except for my food...my weight, exercise and sleep is all done automatically.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 09, 2012, 11:04:18 am »
I do like the sound of it. How accurate do you find it? And do you find the pedometer comfortable to wear all the time?

stacelee

« Reply #372 on: July 09, 2012, 11:16:06 am »
It seems to be very accurate.....my husband tried to convince me that it was picking up bumps in the car, but I checked when I got in and when I got out and it was exactly the same.  Its very tiny and I normally wear in in the centre of my bra.....or like now on my waistband of my pyjamas.  At night, there is a wristband that you slot it into....I really haven't noticed it.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 09, 2012, 11:27:14 am »
Sounds pretty good then. I have had a good read of the web site and would love to get one. I think I am pretty active and am on the go a lot, but I'm not sure if I am doing enough to loose weight. I used to walk a lot until I tore my Achilles tendon, but I think I could cope with some more walking now. :)

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 09, 2012, 11:33:38 am »
Well I just ordered one stacelee, I might get the scales later on down the track :D