Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 495497 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #210 on: June 27, 2012, 02:02:47 am »
Good girl dede!
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 27, 2012, 02:09:58 am »
Well done Mandi
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #212 on: June 27, 2012, 02:54:49 am »
Thanks. Now to be good for another week. :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 27, 2012, 03:05:48 am »
well done elle. Sorry i mean Dede :-*
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 27, 2012, 03:46:04 am »
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 27, 2012, 04:11:25 am »
600g loss for me this week, 500g to go to get to my first goal of 10kg, I started in Feb and have fallen off the wagon a few times but got back on and dusted myself off, back on the road again now. Have been going to curves 3 or 4 times a week they have a Zumba class that I have been to twice this week already, and really watching what I eat and portion sizes helps me. Have upped the proteinand following a meal plan.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #216 on: June 27, 2012, 05:00:10 am »
Well done jeninwa. You are really close to your 10kg loss now. :D
You have done an extremely great job to loose so much.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 27, 2012, 05:16:02 am »
Well Done Jenwa. Half kilo a week is a good rate of lose. It is very sustainable. Keep it up

We all have to remember we are only human and we will all stumble sometime. The important thing is to just brush it off and start again.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 27, 2012, 05:19:35 am »
We all have to remember we are only human and we will all stumble sometime. The important thing is to just brush it off and start again.

Very wise words Dashingden ;) ;)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 27, 2012, 08:25:15 am »
Well done Mandi and jeninwa. DD the most important thing is to get back on the weight loss plan.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2012, 11:08:51 am »
Well done jen, keep at it girl, you'll get there.

Helps being on the food challenge I am sure, apart  from last week when dh went shopping, LOL

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2012, 01:02:55 pm »
HEALTHY FOOD GUIDE SNIPPET #3

These weight loss facts were taken from numerous issues throughout the years 2010 and 2011

If a diet program advises you to remove entire food groups from your diet, such as breads and cereals or dairy, this is a good indication that it is a fad diet and will not help you keep weight off long term.

Serveral studies have found that when you're watching your weight, you should also be watching how fast you eat. Taking your time when eating allows time for hormones to tell your brain that you're full - making you much less likely to reach for second helpings.

Research has found that resisitant starch could help with appetite contol. Study participants who consumed resistant startch - such as cold, cooked potatoes, pasta, rice, baked beans or lentils - had significantly lower energy intakes at their next meal, and over the following 24 hours, compared to those who didn't eat any resistant starch.

We've all heard that drinking more water helps you lose weight - and now there's research to back this up. The study compared weight loss in participants on a low kilojoule diet with those on a low kilojoule diet who also consumed 500ml water prior to each main meal. Those in the water group lost approximately 2kg more and showed a 44% greater decline in weight over the 12-week study.

A study has shown that you're more likely to be satisfied after eating a meal of solid foods rather than a liquid meal. So if you're trying to lose weight, eat a proper solid meal instead of drinking a kilojoule dense smoothie or juice.

Only 20% of Australians eat an apple each day.

Chips made from the inner core of the potato, rather than the outer flesh, absorb 28% more oil, making them higher in fat and kilojoules.

Research has suggested that the first meal you eat programs your metabolism for the rest of the day. Eating fat at breakfast is thought to "turn on" your ability to metabolise fat, helping your body efficiently burn food later in the day. Try foods containing healthy fats, such as chopped nuts and seeds on cereal, or nut butter or avocado on toast.

How healthy is your drink?
600ml Gatorade = 630 kilojoules
250ml orange juice = 375 kilojoules
250ml cordial = 315 kilojoules
250ml skinny chai latte = 453 kilojoules
Soda water = 0 kilojoules

Studies have indicated that being cold makes us hungrier. People who were asked to sit in cold water for 20 minutes after a workout ate an impressive 2045 kilojoules afterwards when presented with an all-you-can-eat buffet. Another group, who sat on dry land for 20 minutes after working out, ate an average of 1710 kilojoules - a massive 335 kilojoules less than the cold group.

How much do you sleep each night? For dieters who got a full 8.5 hours sleep, more than half of the weight they lost was fat. For those who slept just 5.5 hours, only 25% of the weight they lost was fat - the other 75% was muscle or protein.

Children are 31% less likely to be overweight if given refillable water bottles, information about the benefits of drinking water, and access to water fountains.

When losing weight, 1- 4 kilograms is the most realistic amount to lose per month for sustainable weight loss.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 27, 2012, 01:32:14 pm »
How much do you sleep each night? For dieters who got a full 8.5 hours sleep, more than half of the weight they lost was fat. For those who slept just 5.5 hours, only 25% of the weight they lost was fat - the other 75% was muscle or protein.

Yikes, it looks like some of us might need to get more sleep - Uni are you reading this  :o :o :o
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 27, 2012, 02:30:41 pm »
Great work Mandi and Jeninwa - I hope I can achieve results like yours however I think it is unlikely. I'm trying to be strong and there are so many tempatations and it's only day 2!

Thanks Amy for the snippets. I love them! 1 lot of these each day or so is great so I can digest them.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 27, 2012, 09:54:51 pm »
Well done to those who lost weight and keep persevering to those who may have fallen back a little. Great snippet Amy, thanks for going to the trouble.