Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 495687 times)

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #180 on: June 26, 2012, 05:03:28 am »
Oh cool. Will have to have a look at the link. Thanks
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 26, 2012, 05:16:35 am »
Tomorrow is my weigh day :)

Good luck Mandi ;)

Does anyone here buy the Health Food Guide magazine? I have quite a few of them and they contain lots of really good advice for people trying to lose weight in a healthy way. They're written by qualified dietitians and nutritionists and focus on achieving a healthy diet and lifestyle as well as weight loss. They also contain some tips on exercise as well.

If its not against forum rules, I could post little bits and pieces on this thread if anyone is interested?

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 26, 2012, 06:38:35 am »
Amy just to nswer your comment re my comment lol.. Alot of french food is fatty ad thy like full fat a la natural but their success with weight is not eating those types of food all the time and when they do in very moderte portions..They dont blieve in depriving themselves however..  Little bit of something bad in the end is good

Thanks Kim :) I was wondering whether you would see my comment among all the other stuff :-))
It sounds like a very sensible diet that the French follow. Do they really eat snails and frogs legs though? :o

Yes they do but not all the time except perhaps in regions where they are popular or where a particular dish comes from... Cant handle the idea of escargot but frogs legs i have tried... Same as anything covered in the garlic parsley butter its nothing great and most people wouldnt eat these 'delicasies'? Without it..

Cp the three course menu is very very common here and normally for a set price which can be quite reasonable... The kids have three to four courses at lunch at school... A set menu is posted on line every month.. And its always healthy... Its usually either entree main and dessert or no dessert and cheese as far as menus go...oh and the expresso at the end of most meals.. They are never however huge portions so in france anyway you will rarely go away feeling stuffed but just content and not hungry..
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 26, 2012, 07:26:31 am »
I have seen the magazines Amy but never brought one.
I think any snippets of information that may help us in our weight loss quest would be wonderful.
I like to be educated as much as possible when it comes to health as I hope to live for a long time to come :)

Offline keiramax

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 26, 2012, 07:40:01 am »
Thanks for the link Tasty.  Looks to be an interesting website.  I like the idea of the workouts they post - short and too the point.

Took the kids to the lake today to feed the ducks, beautiful weather in Melbourne.  I wouldn't call it a workout but a 2 hour leisurely stroll. Can't believe my DD walked as far as she did.  I think she was motivated by jumping in the puddles along the way.  Anyway it was nice just to get out of the house into the sunshine.

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 26, 2012, 08:41:32 am »
I have seen the magazines Amy but never brought one.
I think any snippets of information that may help us in our weight loss quest would be wonderful.
I like to be educated as much as possible when it comes to health as I hope to live for a long time to come :)

Cool bananas :D

I will flick through them and start posting info for everyone :)

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2012, 08:56:34 am »
Keiramax 2 hours is a great walk even if leisurely.:)
Can't wait for the warmer weather when we feel like being out in the sun. I enjoy gardening in warm weather.
Winter is the hardest time to get out and burn some extra calories :(

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 26, 2012, 09:21:13 am »
and cut down wine, 

Lets be sensible ;)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 26, 2012, 09:30:43 am »
. I hate exercise and want to go down the portion control track, but I spose I will have to do something  :'(

CP exercise does not have to be going to the gym or running etc. A good brisk 30 minute walk 5 days a week is usually adequate for most people. 

I run because I enjoy it and I need to run for triathlons. I go to the gym because it makes me feel good. What ever you do it has to be enjoyable or you will find it too easy to give up.  What about Zumba? Or boxing for fitness? when you are hitting the heavy bag you can pretend it is someone who annoys you.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 26, 2012, 09:56:01 am »
. I hate exercise and want to go down the portion control track, but I spose I will have to do something  :'(

Or boxing for fitness? when you are hitting the heavy bag you can pretend it is someone who annoys you.

I like that idea Dash :D

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 26, 2012, 10:03:43 am »
Zumba is fun.

Boxing is pretty full on, especially if its contact.

Body Combat is non contact & great, mix of different artial arts.

As the ads say, find 30 mns
 :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 26, 2012, 10:06:23 am »
I enjoy the Wii fit for exercise, it's amazing how sore your muscles can get if you haven't been on it for awhile :)
The boxing and step is my favorite.

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2012, 10:51:21 am »
Finding something you enjoy and doing it regularly is the key.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2012, 11:20:26 am »
Amy, I only have one more of those magazines and this subscription finishes.  My DD1 gets me one every couple of years and I have to confess to skipping the first part of the book and heading straight for the recipes  :-))  I always think when I have more time I can go back and read the healthy tips but do I ever get the time - no, of course not.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2012, 11:56:34 am »
Amy, I only have one more of those magazines and this subscription finishes.  My DD1 gets me one every couple of years and I have to confess to skipping the first part of the book and heading straight for the recipes  :-))  I always think when I have more time I can go back and read the healthy tips but do I ever get the time - no, of course not.

Oh Judy, I read the whole magazine cover to cover! I love all the little healthy tips and articles. I have bought nutrition and healthy eating books by some of the qualified and accredited contributers and read them cover to cover too :-)) I would love to study dietetics after my personal training course :D
Its always that blasted time isn't it? There's just never enough in a day :-))

Finding something you enjoy and doing it regularly is the key.

Wonder hit the nail on the head ;D But you need to remember to change up your exercise routine otherwise you will plateau :(