Author Topic: Weight loss Challenge  (Read 496883 times)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Re: Weight loss Challenge
« Reply #1005 on: September 05, 2012, 02:10:42 pm »
My weight went up 0.2kg this week. My eating has not been the greatest and my exercising has been off a little. I missed 3 sessions last week and have missed 2 sessions so far this week.

I have been binging a bit too. Don't know why but I have been quite tired lately.

Amy don't let the fluctuations worry you. You are quite slim and a being a young woman fluctuations will happen.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: September 05, 2012, 11:39:53 pm »
I know... thanks Den :)
Sorry to hear you haven't been having such a great run either :(

I'm really stressing out... its weigh in day at PT. We've set a goal weight for me of 63kg and last week I was 68kg, so I need to be down a bit this week. Its extra hard getting the last few kilos off :(
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 11:45:16 pm by Amy :-) »

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: September 06, 2012, 12:19:55 am »
Amy you need to learn to not be so hard on yourself, remember you have an injury and as Dash has said your weight will fluctuate - the scales don't always tell the full story. If you are eating sensibly and exercising that's far better than concentrating on a goal weight.

• View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: September 06, 2012, 12:38:48 am »
Thanks Wonder. I think I get too focused on the numbers on the scales sometimes. I'm scared I'll get on them one day and they'll read 90kg like they used to :-[
I'm glad I have you guys to help me put it into perspective when I get too carried away :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: September 06, 2012, 01:07:44 am »
It must be very hard to not focus on what you used to be like Amy. Keep up all the amzing work you do how and focus on how you have managed to change your life in so many ways, it's sounds like you are very much in control these days.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: September 06, 2012, 06:30:42 am »
Amy, don't focus on the numbers, that is all it is a number..

Its alot healthier to be stable with weight, than to yoyo up and down.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

jakodai

« Reply #1011 on: September 06, 2012, 06:48:30 am »
OK, so I know I've been missing from this thread for a while, and from the fitbit group, too. I'm slowly getting back on track, though, and I joined a gym yesterday - so I'm coming back!

Has anyone had any problems with their fitbit reading floors inaccurately? I wore mine yesterday, and just a normal day but with no stairs, I probably would have gotten 1 or 2 floors from my normal working (some of it is a little steep) but when I got home and checked my fitbit, I'd climbed 72 floors! I certainly did not climb that many floors!! It was VERY windy here yesterday, is it possible that it affected the reading?

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #1012 on: September 06, 2012, 07:18:04 am »
I just checked my fitbit and it says I have done 12 flights, but should be only about 3 from walking to the school and back, very windy here too so maybe the wind does effect it.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

jakodai

« Reply #1013 on: September 06, 2012, 07:36:15 am »
Thanks Dede, that makes me feel a bit better. I did feel pretty awesome for a few seconds! lol

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: September 06, 2012, 07:57:33 am »
Amy I think Robyn's advice is spot on. It is just a number. Try to not obsess too much on the numbers. If you keep your diet clean and healthy and exercise regularly all will be fine.

From what I saw and what you said on the MR weekend you have a very focused approach to your diet. SO unless you are a secret binge eater like me you should be fine. Just remember that if you are not able to workout so much due to your injury you may have to adjust your daily caloric intake.

It is just like tapering and recovering around a race. As you taper and for the week or two after a big race when you are giving your body time to recover you reduce your food intake to match the calorie burn.

jakodai

« Reply #1015 on: September 06, 2012, 08:18:57 am »
Amy, the fact that you focus on the numbers means that you're on track. It's when you don't read the numbers because you know they're not good and you ignore them, that's when things go pear shaped (literally!). I'm speaking from experience. I lost weight a few years ago and got down to 60kg, then got ignorant and didn't check the scales, now I'm 96kg. I had a lot of other stuff happening as well, but basically I got ignorant and lazy and used things I shouldn't have as an excuse. Just keep and eye on the scales, and they'll make sure you do the right thing.

And you have an injury, so it's not like you're slacking off and eating badly. As soon as your well again, the numbers will disappear again.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 08:21:24 am by jakodai »

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: September 06, 2012, 08:31:34 am »
Thanks for the support everyone :)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: September 06, 2012, 09:29:33 am »
I don't need support I need liposuction  :'(
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #1018 on: September 06, 2012, 10:06:25 am »
I don't need support I need liposuction  :'(

Me too ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

jakodai

« Reply #1019 on: September 06, 2012, 10:58:37 am »
So true CP - maybe we could get some kind of group discount... Or have our next forum get together in Thailand on one of those medical holidays... lol