Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6038845 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #27045 on: May 24, 2023, 07:35:09 pm »
Chookie, it will be a month or so before I can give you feedback on the heat pump hot water system - but it is entirely possible that your air con is using the heat pump technology.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #27046 on: May 24, 2023, 07:41:52 pm »
I forgot to let you all know that we have a new shop just opened up next to ours ... called Harlot!  It is very pink inside and the 'clothing' is very interesting and brief, i.e. not much of it (their window display is diametrically opposite to ours, you couldn't get a greater contrast if you tried).

I was out yesterday and when I came back to work a man nearly backed into me because he was entranced with their window and wasn't concentrating on where he was going!  I guess we will have to look out for window shoppers from now on.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27047 on: May 25, 2023, 01:03:08 am »
Ha ha Marina, you never know who is going to move in next door when a shop or house becomes vacant. I don’t think you’ll get too many customers from the new shop’s clientele. Just watching people walking by Harlot will be interesting.

I agree with the wheelchair idea for your trip, back in the days when we used to fly we were treated very special with DH being in one. Over the years the service did decline a little compared to the earlier days. We were always put on board first but then had to be the last to be taken off which was OK with us but we were told we would also be the last to exit the plane in an emergency. DH didn’t mind that idea but said I had to leave with the others. Can you imagine the reaction from his Mother if I had left him alone to go down with the plane!

I’ve also been through my photos, I’ve made photo albums for each of the girls relevant to them. I kept my own albums but got rid of a lot of loose photos that weren’t worth putting into an album. It’s a huge job going through a lifetime of photos, these days of course we have them on our iPads and phones. I have a friend who has a shelf along the whole wall in her garage full of thick albums, her son has told her he will just throw them in the bin when the time comes.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27048 on: May 25, 2023, 09:31:49 pm »
Thanks Marina. We have a similar shop in Ballarat. You will be surprised at the variety of people who will visit.
Making more small steps. My lovely handy man/ gardener came yesterday. He put up some broom clips in cupboard in laundry and took the last of the things I no longer want. What a relief!
Had 2 visitors for lunch who brought some home grown eggs. I really miss my chooks. They had been to a funeral and needed cheering up.
Today I’m having a fasting blood test. Definitely not looking forward to that, nor the results.
It is freezing in Ballarat. Rain and weather bureau says will feel like -1 for most of the morning.
I’ll try and keep this short, but it is funny.
2 nights ago, about 7 pm and dark. My doorbell rang. I switched on the lights but couldn’t see any one. So opened the door to have a better look. A small boy, in his PJs and no shoes stood there. He looked at me with a serious face and said, “ Mum said you are a nice lady, can I come in?. So of course I said yes, while all sorts went through my head. Has he run away or is there some crisis at home. I asked him if he would like some hot chocolate and cake. Yes please. While he was eating and drinking I tried to find out who he was. His name was Edward  8 years old and he lived over there. Pointing in a general direction. Then he said, can I have a ride in the lift. So we went up and down. He didn’t know his mums phone number. I said I thought it was time for him to go home. We headed out the door with me following. He lived  a few houses down the street. We walked into the house through open door. Mum and big brother inside and asked where he had been. He said he had gone to visit me as I might be lonely. They hadn’t missed him.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #27049 on: May 25, 2023, 10:43:49 pm »
That is adorable yet slightly concerning. He will have great dreams tonight .
Collected DS yesterday was strange on a Thursday. This is as school is having a funeral of a past long standing student whose parent is a staff member. So sad as only 21 and had a car accident in outback QLD . The whole community is devastated including us . It will be a very hard day today for all . It’s just too sad , so we all just need to hug our families tight .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27050 on: May 26, 2023, 03:31:21 am »
K Atie, a tough day for all.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27051 on: May 26, 2023, 05:56:48 am »
I agree with Chookie K Atie. Very respectful of the school to close down for the day to give everyone time to come to terms with the tragedy.

Chookie your story was incredible and you handled it so well.  I think you might have found anther best little friend in the street, had you ever met his parents?  Bless you dear lady, a friend to everyone.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #27052 on: May 26, 2023, 07:00:25 am »
Chookie, that story is priceless.  I'm sure he will be back for another visit especially after getting hot chocolate and cake.

Dr visit yesterday and CT scan today. 
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27053 on: May 26, 2023, 09:01:03 am »
Good luck with the scan results Margaret.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27054 on: May 27, 2023, 07:14:58 am »
 Chookie I hope your blood test results are good andMab’s scan is ok too.
Chookie I had a chuckle with your visitor. He sounds lovely but it is so very sad that he wasn’t missed.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27055 on: May 28, 2023, 11:37:39 pm »
I’ve had an amazing weekend.
Hitched a ride to Melb with DD who is continuing her Sleep Apnea studies.  Stayed at a hotel in the city. DS and DIL ferried me around the city to all my favorite shopping spots. Vic market, Chinese supermarket, Cosco, Essential Ingredient, a shop like NQR which was amazing. Bought 2 new hand bags and a small table which fits snugly up to the couch. Will post a photo as it’s a very useful piece of furniture.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27056 on: May 28, 2023, 11:54:05 pm »
Sounds like fun Chookie, you’ve always loved your extended trips to the big city.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #27057 on: May 29, 2023, 01:27:39 am »
Judy, I’ve sent you a message via mail.
This is the small table . It’s from Temple and Webster , on line.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27058 on: May 29, 2023, 07:13:24 am »
Thanks Chookie, I’ve replied.  Handy storage in that little table.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #27059 on: May 29, 2023, 08:09:51 am »
What a lovely adventure for you Chookie. The little table would be very useful. I have the large table from a nest of tables next to my recliner rocker. Lucky it is made of jarrah as I have so many books piled onto it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2023, 08:14:04 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/