Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036276 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26505 on: October 18, 2022, 09:53:26 am »
I hope you get well soon Katie.
Katie, when we moved out to the country on a small acreage I was a real town girl.  DH warned me that I would have to be alert for snakes from about early October until about late March so me in my ignorance just believed that that was the only time they would be around.  How dumb can you be. ???.  Strangely enough I only ever saw 2 in the fifteen years we were there.

We went to Bunnings today to buy four tomato plants and some beans, we'll plant them tomorrow.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26506 on: October 18, 2022, 12:59:34 pm »
Farm life is always interesting, this week has been up there . But today I managed to get to our quilting group see a textile exhibition chat with friends and forget to do a makeup yoga class tonight ( was also talking to DD might have distracted me ) . Ate dinner on my own DH home very late . Even though it was another beautiful day it’s still hard to fully embrace it , not sure why but think I do enjoy the peace too .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26507 on: October 19, 2022, 10:14:17 am »
I remember my parents telling me as a very young child to run and tell them if a stick moved. I am still terrified of snakes and turn to jelly if I see one.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26508 on: October 20, 2022, 05:06:28 am »
GS called in this morning and then stayed for lunch.  Now he has his own transport we see him quite often.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26509 on: October 20, 2022, 12:30:47 pm »
That’s lovely Mab. I did the food shopping this morning and had my hair cut this afternoon. 

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26510 on: October 21, 2022, 10:20:15 am »
Supermarket shopping this morning and then another trip to Bunnings for a few things we forgot yesterday.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26511 on: October 21, 2022, 09:34:29 pm »
Been helping DH in the sheep yards , first day drenching ewes . Yesterday seperaterated the ewes and lambs two hours and a lot of pushing up the sheep to DH . Left as the lamb markers arrived as had to freshen up for school speech day ( which is so good to here the kids sing and get awards and see who has the leadership positions  . So good to be able to congratulate the year 12 . So many parents saying how they didn’t know all the other parents ( due to lockdown and not getting together) .  DS drove me home in yes torrential rain , really I’m over it but not to bad at home thankfully. Think I might be a bit sore as one of the large lambs run into me .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26512 on: October 22, 2022, 01:08:24 pm »
Another busy day KAtie.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26513 on: October 23, 2022, 08:02:07 pm »
Just back from a fantastic chamber music festival at Sanguine Estate Vineyard in Heathcote.  As with everything, this annual event hasn't been held for 3 years so it was wonderful to get away and enjoy a weekend of music, singing, catching up with friends, drinking and eating.  We were lucky with the weather and only had to run for the car through one thunderstorm, Other than that, the weather was very kind to us!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26514 on: October 24, 2022, 03:49:16 am »
How lovely for you all Marina, going without anything for so long makes one appreciate and enjoy it even more when it finally returns. People are turning up and supporting any special event here and if the sun is out the crowds at the beaches are amazing.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26515 on: October 24, 2022, 10:20:24 am »
It sounds very enjoyable Marina.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26516 on: October 25, 2022, 07:52:02 pm »
Lovely to catch up with what everyone is doing.
Yes we have also had a lot of rain. No damage as we are on a slope. Ral got the ride on mower bogged and the neighbours came to the rescue. Over coffee, I asked them what they would do for entertainment after we shifted. Ral likes to mow as it is the one thing he can do where you can see a good result.
Today, I was supposed to have a wisdom tooth removed and spend a night in hospital.  After paying all the necessary bills, the hospital said that as it wasn’t an emergency I couldn’t stay overnight. DD has fortunately taken things in hand and it will happen at a day center with her Oral Surgeon and she will oversee the process.
2 weeks now to the shift.  The house is nearly empty. We have given away and sold a lot of stuff. A couple more scams attempted. I can now recognise them for what they are. People have come from Bendigo, Ararat and Melbourne to buy furniture. Antique dealers from Ballarat and Hamilton.
DS is organising NBN and security cameras. We are adding Crim Safe doors and employing a joiner who will add drawers where there are open shelves in the butlers pantry. Also build a desk and bookshelves in the bedroom where the lift will go.
Sorry for such a long post but can’t manage to get on very often.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26517 on: October 26, 2022, 01:32:07 am »
This is so pleasing to read after seeing how big your Invermay house was, you and the family have done so well to empty the place within the time frame. Once you settle into your new house and all the tradies have been you will need a rest so it will then be time to slow down your pace of life. Good luck with the wisdom tooth, what a disappointment the hospital served up. DD to the rescue thank goodness. Thanks for the posts today Chookie, we cannot read enough about your progress and ongoing plans so it was so nice to hear where you are at now and I pass on my best wishes to Ral and for a smooth transition into your new home.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26518 on: October 26, 2022, 10:33:45 am »
Thanks for finding the time to update us Chookie. I can imagine Ral on the mower. It will be lovely when you can sit back in your new home and relax. Take care both of you. ❌

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26519 on: October 26, 2022, 01:50:39 pm »
Cookie you are amazing Selling furniture to all and detecting scammers . How did you do it on Facebook or other ways . Think we need your hot tips of how to empty a house . So glad Ral has been able to mow , he might be the new Neighbourhood mower . I’m with Judy cannot read enough of your progress and updates .
The ground is so wet here , waters receding on swamp at MILs it smells and mosquitos are about so I’ve reset our indoor sprays now , so at lest it will be safer inside . Best I invest in back up as I’m sure supplies of insects replants will be in short supply.