Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9033573 times)

Offline Emme

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #22170 on: April 13, 2014, 10:01:07 am »
Salad looks good Chookie, and yes I found out it does not work very well if you try and hurry SD.

I made some veg. stock concentrate, garlic paste, caramelised onions and Judy's tomato soup using up the last of our tomatoes.   Soup is lovely.   Baked a loaf of bread too.

Offline Itsnotartitsdinner

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #22171 on: April 13, 2014, 10:26:12 am »
I know Chookie but Littlest Miss needed a nap so I had no choice. He was very apologetic. I was pretty cranky.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22172 on: April 13, 2014, 10:47:29 am »
Inart, this is very mean but I think the occational fail by a DH makes them appreciate your talent. My Dh used to say how easy everything i made was.  This is going back to early days in our relationship.  He had a day off when i was at work and asked if he could do anything so i suggested he make a sponge.  Needless to say he appreciates  it is a leant skill now.
Denise

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #22173 on: April 13, 2014, 12:51:49 pm »
;). My DH doesn't cook but always has suggestions. Today he suggested that I add cinnamon to my strawberry jam. I usually smile, say, "maybe next time", then ignore him and do exactly what I had in mind in the first place.
 I already had vanilla in the jam and was getting ready to bottle it, so I told him that it was too late. Occasionally his suggestion is a good one and I'll try it, but usually I follow my own instincts.
I've been really busy lately and haven't done much baking, and I've been suffering from forum withdrawals too. Today was different. I bought a tray of strawberries at the market this morning and turned 2kg into 9 jars of jam, made a loaf of bread, a batch of Maddy's choc chip hot cross buns and a chocolate zucchini cake.  Dinner was tandoori flathead fillets cooked on the BBQ with thermie rice and veggies
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22174 on: April 13, 2014, 01:11:05 pm »
Lots of cooking for you today ES and it look wonderful  8)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #22175 on: April 13, 2014, 01:18:25 pm »
Wow! How do you do it ES? 👍👍👍

Did you the jam on the stove! 2 kg is a lot of jam.

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #22176 on: April 13, 2014, 01:21:08 pm »
Wow ES that's a lot of cooking. Love the hot cross buns. Never made chocolate ones.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #22177 on: April 13, 2014, 01:32:19 pm »
ES!  You are amazing.  All looks good.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #22178 on: April 13, 2014, 01:41:14 pm »
Thanks. I made the jam in two batches in thermie. I find it easier to do it that way than on the stove top as I can just let it cook away while I hang out washing and do other things ;)
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22179 on: April 13, 2014, 03:26:58 pm »
Tenina's Aunty Debbie's Banana Bread.Slightly over cooked on the outside but smells good  ;D

« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 04:08:52 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #22180 on: April 13, 2014, 09:41:56 pm »
yum
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22181 on: April 14, 2014, 05:24:35 am »
CC I'm sure you will love this. We certainly do. Chookie and ES your cooking looks so lovely. I hope to do some HCB this afternoon.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #22182 on: April 14, 2014, 05:26:15 am »
I made Aunty Debbies Banana Cake as well; I had made a similar one before (with the chocolate chunks that is) but this one was so yummy and not too sweet. I did put a bit less sugar in it and have just had another slice with my coffee; GCs are coming this afternoon so hope they like it. Thanks Tenina for another great recipe (would I expect anything else).

Offline chrissa

• View Profile
« Reply #22183 on: April 14, 2014, 08:48:44 am »
I had the day off work due to a faulty tv having to be exchanged so I've made - chicken leek and mushroom filling for pies and also tenina's Aussie beef pie filling (I'll  make the pies tomorrow before I go to work). I found the beef recipe very salty and next time I'll omit the fish sauce.

I'm also making Maddy's chorizo and capsicum risotto.  Looks nice.  I'm having with with honey soy chicken wings for dinner tonite

What a nice day to spend a day off work 😃
I do the best I can

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #22184 on: April 15, 2014, 01:22:59 am »
Lots of different fruit purees, muffins, brownie, apple bread and filled sausages yesterday....  ;D
:D