Author Topic: What are you cooking for Mother's Day?  (Read 23207 times)

Offline Emme

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking for Mother's Day?
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2013, 11:44:48 am »
Jude, glad you had a lovely day, very lucky.  ;D

Great photo of the cheesecake Kimmy.  Looks wonderful  :)

Marie

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2013, 11:50:19 am »
Our lunch went down very well but of course I overate as I haven't seen that much food in ages.

DD made antipasto plates to nibble on whilst we waited for everyone to turn up, lunch at 1.30 was a ragu/pasta dish DD made in her slow cooker and a huge Caesar salad, her MIL made a lasagne and I took the chicken parmigiana bake, a loaf of bread and a beetroot salad.  Unfortunately DD dropped the beetroot salad and the bowl smashed  so that ended up in the bin but there was plenty of food so it wasn't missed.  My bread all got eaten so I was pleased about that.  The girls made and served everything but then the boys tidied up which gave us time to have a break before desserts were served.  

Someone asked GS if he had room for gelato and he told us he had some space in the middle of his tummy and some at the sides LOL.  A lovely day albeit it a very wet, windy one as the day progressed and at the end of it, I am one very tired Mother.  

I hope everyone had a lovely day. 

Why does your Mum need a talking to Kimmy?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2013, 11:53:06 am »
Sounds like a lovely day Judy, I'm so glad for you :D :D :D
Shame about the beetroot salad, but s*** happens ;D

mcmich

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2013, 11:54:19 am »
Sounds like a wonderful day with lots of good food JD. Glad there was a great Mother's Day lunch  :D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2013, 11:59:52 am »
It's lovely to read everyone had a good Mother's Day. You all ate very very well :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2013, 12:10:11 pm »
Great cooking everyone, glad everyone had a nice Mother's Day.
Pity about the salad Judy, beetroot yikes, that would have made a mess.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

mcmich

« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2013, 12:13:58 pm »
Happy Mothers Day to you CC - A new day for you  :D

Bonsai

« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2013, 03:24:49 pm »
Maddy, way too late now but people with haemochromatosis can eat pork. They have to limit their total iron intake but a bit of pulled pork isn't a disaster healthwise.

Offline Woerd

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2013, 02:18:08 am »
Went out for brunch at a nice place with No. 1 son, #2 son lives very far away and owns a restaurant.  They did a Mother's Day brunch and the restaurant was filled with tulips and they made Pannekeok (Dutch pancakes) and Tulip Julips with Dutch vodka in honour of his Mommy.  They sent me pictures and said they ran out  of pannekeok as almost 80 people ordered them instead of everything else on their menu.  Made me feel like I was there having the brunch n my honour.  #3 son had to work sadly but will do something nice one day soon.  Husband of course bought me tulips as always.  I love them : )

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2013, 02:38:06 am »
Jude, glad that worked out for the guys in your family.

We just relaxed, then I slept for a hour.

DH cooked dinner. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2013, 04:16:18 am »
Went out for brunch at a nice place with No. 1 son, #2 son lives very far away and owns a restaurant.  They did a Mother's Day brunch and the restaurant was filled with tulips and they made Pannekeok (Dutch pancakes) and Tulip Julips with Dutch vodka in honour of his Mommy.  They sent me pictures and said they ran out  of pannekeok as almost 80 people ordered them instead of everything else on their menu.  Made me feel like I was there having the brunch n my honour.  #3 son had to work sadly but will do something nice one day soon.  Husband of course bought me tulips as always.  I love them : )

That sounds so lovely, Woerd!  My DS was working also but caught up with us at around 7pm

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2013, 12:42:18 pm »
Lovely to hear about all your lunches. :)
Thanks for all the salad suggestions, but in the end my brother asked me to bring bread instead. He was  trying to make Mothers Day easy for me as he expected me to buy the bread, but of course, I made the bread myself :o I made a version of Helene's one minute bread, mixing it up the night before, setting the second rise before the Mothers Day Classic walk and finishing it off just before lunch. I also made some quick bread rolls after the walk. My brother cooked a lovely lunch of roast pork, lamb and veggies. He even made a delicious baked cheesecake for dessert. .
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What are you cooking for Mother's Day?
« Reply #72 on: May 13, 2013, 12:58:01 pm »
what a lovely brother you have  es ;D

mcmich

« Reply #73 on: May 13, 2013, 01:30:08 pm »
What lovely Mother's Day you all had.  ;D

After my shift in maternity - which was a very nice day, mum and I went out for afternoon tea. A lovely café and had iced coffee and halved our mini caramel tart and mini fruit flan. Doing a luncheon next Sunday for all the family when DH is home and we will have a double blessing to celebrate.  :D

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2013, 02:07:03 am »
Mich so does that mean it was good news?