Author Topic: How has TMX changed the way you do things?  (Read 4318 times)

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
How has TMX changed the way you do things?
« on: August 22, 2011, 11:03:47 am »
I'm not sure how to phrase this question correctly but how has the TMX changed the way you do things - has it saved you money, do you make things you wouldn't normally make, do you cook more than you used to, is it healthier for you, etc etc? Anything really.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How has TMX changed the way you do things?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 01:04:34 pm »
Do I make things things I normally wouldn't have - you bet your bippy I have  ;D
Bread, hot cross buns, jam, ice-cream, pizzas (real ones), biscuits and other treats, sauces, spice mixes & curry powders, pastes, cordials, lemonade and that is just off the top of my head.  I know people who spend very little time in their kitchen, only go there when it is time to cook a meal for tea but I can happily spend all day in mine and never get bored.  It has to be healthier for you with no preservatives - my shopping trolley was always pretty healthy anyway compared to some I've seen at the checkout as I've always tried to do as much as possible with fresh produce but I just do so much more than I ever would have anticipated.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline salval

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 01:23:16 pm »
Changed the way I do things?!?!? Ohhhhhhhh where do I start!!!!

I've written about this before, so some members already know my story, but...

I am married to an Italian and have 2 small children. The women in my husband's family are great cooks. I mean Great Cooks! I was intimidated, extremely anxious & had zero confidence when it came to contributing to family functions. Hosting would make me physically ill.

I cooked because I wanted my family to eat as healthily as possible & yes, because it was expected of me, but I despised being in the kitchen. Hated it.

Thermomix has changed every facet of my life. As dramatic as that sounds, it has. I make things now that I would never have dreamed of attempting. I feel so much more confident, not just cooking, but it's spread to other areas of my life, since becoming a consultant.

I'm getting over my fear of driving in unfamiliar places (I'm very embarrassed to admit that, but there ya' go). I'm learning to get over my shyness with meeting new people. I'm feeling worthwhile as an individual again, rather than just being a "mum".

I love having control of what I feed my children. I love trying new things. Tonight, I even experimented with steaming some salmon fillets with orange slices & maple syrup. I'd never have done that in a million years. I was strictly a tried-&-true recipe girl.

You get the picture? I LOVE IT! ;D

Karen
Mum of 3 (2 x 2-legged & 1 x 4-legged)
TMX Consultant in Newport, Melbourne

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 01:31:09 pm »
Yep, got that Karen  ;D ;D  Isn't it wonderful how a kitchen gadget can bring the best out in people - who needs to do a self-confidence course, just buy a Thermomix.  Is there a PS to this story - do your Italian in-laws think you are a great cook now and do they have a TMX themselves?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 03:41:35 pm »
YES YES YES AND YES!!!!!

from a person who couldn't cook a meal unless it was from a packet or jar or the standard meat and 3 veg and I hated being in the kitchen. My view was ... why do I have to waste time, effort and money to feed everyone when it goes in one end and out the other  :o :o :o ... to now I can cook anything, will try anything and absolutely love being in my kitchen. In fact I don't have enough time in my kitchen ;)

As for saving money, when we first purchased oh my goodness did it! As for now, well lets just say we spend the same amount of money but on much better quality ingredients. (that is our personal choice to use them though - organics etc)

Time saving is absolutely huge - I have 5 kids on top of everything else that I do and I love the fact that i can put a meal on to cook and spend some time with them.

As for healthier ... well I have one child who is still alive that 3 years ago I was really well and truly ready to leave in Bali  :'( :'( to a child that I now love spending time with. That is just his personal change, as for the rest of our family - well we only ever see the Dr now for scripts for asthma medication WOO HOO. I used to be calling that surgery every week. Even the clinic nurse has commented that she never sees us know  ;D ;D

Could I live with out my TMX now - NO WAY!!! Not a hope.  It has changed our lives so much I could spend hours typing...
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline jkmt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 01:56:35 pm »
Definitely.

I always enjoyed cooking (mostly sweets!), but I would never have contemplated making things like bread, risotto, ice cream, yoghurt, etc, etc. Now I do all those things on a very regular basis. There are still some recipes I prefer to make the 'old' way, but I've added lots more to my repertoire.

I used to eat chocolate as my regular dessert, now I rarely do that because I make so many yummy desserts instead (I'm not sure I'm being any healthier in this, but at least I know how much sugar goes into it!).

My freezer has totally changed, and is now full of home baked breads and frozen fruit/fruit juices.

I'm definitely spending less at the supermarket too.

I don't think I'm saving any time, because I'm now cooking so many of the things that I used to buy readymade at the shop.
Jenny, Central Coast NSW

I'd rather cook than clean!

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 02:58:29 pm »
It has increase my repertoire, I make things i never would have dreamt of in the past - is this all souding familiar? I'm so glad I have one and wished I had one decades ago.

I love the doughs it kneads, the juices it blends and make them regularly. I don't make risotto too often, the soups are wonderful. I do wish that it was something within everyone's reach because it is the best kitchen appliance i've used, and think everyone should have one.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 10:39:51 pm »
As others have said, having the Thermomix has given me the confidence, energy and means to cook a whole lot more and so it has engendered more significant change in me that only "changing the way I do thing" - it has helped me change the way I think.  I liken it to when I first learnt first aid.  My whole life just went up a gear!  I have become better informed, more conscious, more courageous about food and hosting, more proud and know that the family is proud of me and happy for me that these changes have taken place.  I keep telling people about Thermomix as you never know who you are going to help:  the anxieties and fears that are eradicated when you use a Thermomix daily are buried very deep and only known to our most trusted friends.  If you are wavering about buying a Thermomix for yourself, or buying someone a Thermomix, stop.  Yes, the Thermomix does enable and support change - change for the better.  :)
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution