Author Topic: Should I become a consultant?  (Read 116810 times)

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
Re: Should I become a consultant?
« Reply #105 on: August 26, 2011, 04:16:07 pm »
If only my consultant would get back to me.... hmmmmmm

xxx

;D

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2011, 04:33:21 pm »
If only my consultant would get back to me.... hmmmmmm

Don't be thinking badly of your consultant, Leesmac78.  If you have expressed interest in being a consultant, your consultant's role is to inform his/her GL and only when the GL has received the written permission form will you hear back ... from the GL, not the consultant.  Look forward to a conversation soon and if things don't happen soon enough, why not get back to your consultant and share the fact that you're keyed up and hoping for developments? 

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2011, 05:09:32 pm »
Oh, sorry, I should have clarified.  I sent her an email thanking her for my TMX and I have heard not one sound in exactly 7 days... That's what I meant by the "hmmmmmm"

xxx

;D

Offline jojo72

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 11, 2011, 05:02:05 am »
hi - it seems a few of you are consultants. I would like to ask a question about the demo's. Im having a varoma demo soon (I do have a thermomix) and the consultant has asked me to supply EVERY item needed for the demo. I have estimated this will cost me about $40-$50! Is this normal?...when I went to my original demo the host only supplied a few item (perishables). I questioned my consultant and she said that I should have most of the items in my pantry already (I dont know how she thinks they got there in the first place!!) At this stage I have 3 guests that are definately going to purchase a machine after the demo..I've heard the consultant will make about $400 commission from each sale. I have not heard about any host gifts etc...My question is - what do/should I get out of this demo??

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 11, 2011, 05:34:44 am »
I had a varoma Demo a few weeks ago.  I supplied most of the items and they were things I had in my pantry. I was asked for balsamic, vinegar, sugar, lemons, capsicum, 100g cashews, flour etc etc ( I am going from memory here).  They are standard thermomixy items that I use often and had on hand. My consultant bought along several items also. The most expensive items were chicken breasts and sundried tomatoes.
We all found the demo inspiring and renewed our use of the machine including the Varoma which I now use much more.
As a host I bought the Full Steam ahead Cook Book for half price as no-one purchased a machine.
I was given the set of recipe cards of the demo dishes cooked which I use quite a bit.
It was good fun and motivating. I would recommend having one.

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #110 on: November 11, 2011, 05:41:26 am »
Hi JoJo.  First of all, I am assuming that you are Australia. I am a consultant in Australia so my answer only applies if you are in Australia too. Although the Varoma Flavours list is a longer one than you were required to provide for the basic demo, you are highly unlikely to be supplying all ingredients.  Your consultant will also be bringing items to your Varoma, some of them quite expensive items too, eg when hosts request the Moroccan salad, your consultant will be supplying the dried apricots, grapes/craisins/raisins, coriander and the other salad ingredients as well as the vast majority of the soup ingredients.  That is normal.

Secondly, I don't know where you heard that your consultant will make $400 commission from each sale of a Thermomix.  That is very unlikely.  

For a Varoma demo, a choice of host rewards is available with a co-payment if no-one buys.  I am sure your consultant will explain this if you ask, but for the record Full Steam Ahead cookbook, Thermoserver or Thermomat.

If you aren't happy to hold a Varoma demo, tell your consultant.
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2011, 12:36:53 am »
As previous posters have said it is normal. If a guest buys you will receive the full steam ahead book free or if not you can purchase it at half price of $25. You can't buy this book unless you host a Varoma demo. Comission is paid for the sale of a machine based on sales for the month so the comission can vary but is never as high as 400 ( I wish! ) i guess it is up to you to decide if it is worth hosting the demo. As mentioned you can also purchase a bread mat or a thermoserver for half price. Consultants pay for ingredients for every demo the basic or varoma and that is part of the way it works. The varoma demo is fantastic and you do gain a lot of inspiration seeing how the varoma works if you haven't used it before. good luck with your decision.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline jojo72

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2011, 05:21:14 am »
thanks for your input...i was always going to have the demo and am REALLY looking forward to it as I know my guest will be really amazed with what the machine can do. I absolutely love mine. Just wanted to check that I was on the right track. I heard about the commission from a "retired" consultant (the one that sold me my thermomix)...perhaps things have changed.
I will ask the consultant for the recipe cards too. I was hoping to get another bowl at a reduced price, but maybe this offer is expired.
I'm having about 10 eager guests and look forward to seeing there amazement...the consultant has promised me that it is a fantastic demo...although Im still not fully aware of the dishes she will be cooking.....I'll wait and see...
Once again thanks for you responses its made things clearer for me. Cheers

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2011, 06:27:30 am »
Hi JoJo - yes, it's a fantastic demo!!! So worth the extra food - your friends will love it AND you'll have leftovers - it makes heaps!! Everyone I do this demo for raves about it - great recipes! :) Have fun!
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline kent

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2012, 03:39:24 am »
I'm also considering becoming a Consultant for TM.  I have a full time job already (I'm a shift worker), and would like to pursue this on the side as more of a hobby, rather than to make money.

My Mum introduced me to her machine, and I love it, and want to buy one myself now, and also introduce it to others, hence I thought becoming a Consultant would be the ideal way to achieve this.

I'm interested to hear from any other men who have pursued this path.  A guy by the name of Ted posted in this thread, but haven't heard anything else from him.  Ted, if you're listening, please let me know how you're going with it all.

I'm also concerned about the hours I would need to dedicate to it, as I have a young family that I need to devote time to along with my job.  Do TM have any minimum requirement of hours per week that you need to spend doing the job, or are you free to do it as you please?

Any insights would be appreciated.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2012, 10:39:32 am »
Kent where do you live? Have you attended a demo? If not and you are in Perth I can get you in contact with the person in your area. Otherwise contact Thermomix head office and they will put you in contact with someone who can answer all of your questions :)

Offline kent

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2012, 09:50:03 pm »
Hey Meagan, I'm from Cranbourne, Victoria.

I've submitted my contact details on the TM website, but are yet to hear from anyone.

I only submitted them a couple of days ago, so if I don't hear from them in another few days, I'll give their 1800 number a call.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2012, 11:24:25 am »
Kent everyone is in Hawaii at thermofest (the annual conference)  you probably won't hear from anyone For a couple of days as majority of the group leaders are here!

Offline kent

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 28, 2012, 10:01:21 pm »
Thanks Meagan, I've been in touch with someone (who unfortunately didn't make it to Hawaii) who has pointed me in the right direction.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 28, 2012, 10:19:18 pm »
Oh fantastic :)