Author Topic: WA Retreat Weekend  (Read 469778 times)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: WA Retreat Weekend
« Reply #255 on: May 14, 2012, 04:50:53 am »
Gretchen, you will have to take photos for me, and post.

Robyn

Oh you bet. Hopefully this may be the beginning of  an annual.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 14, 2012, 08:30:30 am »
I'm very excited about this weekend get together. I mentioned it to 3 of my TMX  friends and they jumped at the idea so PM'd CP63 and hopefully we are able to fit on the list. I feel a few cocktails  ;), many laughs and an all round good time coming  :) Roll on August
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 14, 2012, 09:44:42 am »
Glad its all coming together for you. Yes, its 2 nights being the Friday and Saturday.

Look who's coming so far:

bedlam
chookie & DH
creampuff
cookie
faffa
gertbysea
halex
JD
kezza
mcmich
megan
meaganjane
mep
mrskk
nazar
suejen
suepurb
tenina
trudy
4 x VHJ’s
+ 1 person

remember cut off date is Wednesday...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:02:04 am by CreamPuff63 »
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #258 on: May 14, 2012, 09:50:21 am »
Thanks CP,  what a list of great Forum people.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #259 on: May 14, 2012, 10:00:37 am »
MJ,  I'll have to ask you in public as I keep mucking up when I try to contact you in your other 'life'.  Could you please bring some skin products for old dry skin ,  for me to purchase.  Also some gift products for me to purchase as gifts for family and friends.  Sorry to intrude into this topic like this but I don't know how else to contact  MJ.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 14, 2012, 10:06:38 am »
Indeed it is a great list. But I am really concerned about one attendee who wrote this to me.....

" I have booked a ticket and can't wait. But for political reasons and a quiet life I am not writing on the forum that I am coming"

I find this as sad as it is disturbing that someone here on our wonderful independent forum is so frightened of HO that they cannot say they are coming for fear of some retribution. What is that all about?  No doubt it will all come out on the weekend and then what happens.? Do we all have to be complicit in not taking photos or sharing the fun with everybody else because one of us is in fear of losing her job or status or whatever?  

I hate bullying with a passion. Oh wait I have said that before.  What to do?

Did you know that Octopus have very long tentacles? Oh maybe that was another thread.

Gert
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:13:27 pm by Gertbysea »

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #261 on: May 14, 2012, 10:09:08 am »
What a great list of people. Would love to meet every single one of you :)

Just had a though
CP your not a mass murdered or anything like that are you?

You know these organized chat room meetings ;D

Oh well at least I know if none of you return I have plenty of information to pass on to the police ;D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 14, 2012, 10:31:50 am »
MJ,  I'll have to ask you in public as I keep mucking up when I try to contact you in your other 'life'.  Could you please bring some skin products for old dry skin ,  for me to purchase.  Also some gift products for me to purchase as gifts for family and friends.  Sorry to intrude into this topic like this but I don't know how else to contact  MJ.

Wait a minute. I think my skin is older than yours achookwoman. MJ can you bring a bucket of dry old age skin for me?

Gert

Offline SueJen

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 14, 2012, 10:33:40 am »
VHJ great idea about cocktails.
I do make a few liqueurs - Midori, Blue Curacao, Kahlua, Drambuie, Butterscotch Schnapps, Triple Sec, Sambuca and I am sure I will have more by August.
Bring your own mixers and if anyone has any other preferences, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.
I only drink an occasional local red but really enjoy making liqueurs. Do have Rum and Burbon too.
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter”. - Martin Luther King, Jr

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 14, 2012, 10:35:23 am »
LOL gee Gert haven't you got enough old aged skin of your own......????? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 14, 2012, 10:37:56 am »
VHJ great idea about cocktails.
I do make a few liqueurs - Midori, Blue Curacao, Kahlua, Drambuie, Butterscotch Schnapps, Triple Sec, Sambuca and I am sure I will have more by August.
Bring your own mixers and if anyone has any other preferences, just let me know and I'll see what I can do.
I only drink an occasional local red but really enjoy making liqueurs. Do have Rum and Burbon too.

oh JC
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline SueJen

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 14, 2012, 10:44:17 am »
Actually it was you fundj who got me into this after reading your posts on lemoncello. Decided that I could do it, so bought myself a still.
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter”. - Martin Luther King, Jr

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 14, 2012, 10:50:52 am »
Actually it was you fundj who got me into this after reading your posts on lemoncello. Decided that I could do it, so bought myself a still.

I have a still as well Sue Jen but gave up making liqueurs as I drank them. Now I just make Rum, Burbon, Vodka and Gin.

Love my still but thinking of selling it. I have an air thingy for distilling  after starting out with the water thingy. Good fun.

Gert

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 14, 2012, 10:52:03 am »
may god bless you my child, will you be coming to the syd weekend get together  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 14, 2012, 10:55:14 am »
LOL gee Gert haven't you got enough old aged skin of your own......????? ;D ;D ;D ;D

What a hoot. Blame iit on  the iPad . My GD wants to to know how I got  all those cracks in my face?

Gert