Author Topic: Kaffir Lime Scented White Choc Pannacotta recipe review Tenina's eBook pge 18  (Read 23161 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: Kaffir Lime Scented White Choc Pannacotta recipe review Tenina's eBook pge 18
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 12:48:25 pm »
Cp, next time your at GC pop in & pick some leaves from my tree :)

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
Re: Kaffir Lime Scented White Choc Pannacotta recipe review Tenina's eBook pge 18
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 12:48:55 pm »
Katie, if we had discussed this recipe on Friday you could have taken some home.  I can drop some off to your letterbox sometime this week if you like. Just let me know if you want them or whether you still have some frozen ones you want to use up first.

Thanks Judy.  I still have a few in the freezer so no rush.  I'll take you up on the offer soon though - I can swap you for some curry leaves from my curry leaf plant.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline Greyhoundmum

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 01:06:43 pm »
You will love it Katie.  I'm so glad I bought that kaffir lime tree - if I did nothing else but make this dessert with it, it was worth the money  ;D

JD I love my kaffir lime tree, the leaves are great scrunched up and placed into steamer with rice gives it lovely flavor and wonderful smell. Great desert

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 01:09:23 pm »
I have a curry leaf plant Katie, the leaves aren't very big though.  It's one of those plants I rarely use but just wanted it in case I did need some  :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 01:11:40 pm »
Great idea, thanks GHM - will keep that in mind.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 10:22:03 pm »
I have never made a pannacotta so will have to give this a go. It looks lovely and  a dessert I would eat not being too sweet.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 10:49:00 pm »
You will love it Katie.  I'm so glad I bought that kaffir lime tree - if I did nothing else but make this dessert with it, it was worth the money  ;D

JD I love my kaffir lime tree, the leaves are great scrunched up and placed into steamer with rice gives it lovely flavor and wonderful smell. Great desert

Ghm, do you just put the leaves in the basket with the rice in the TM?

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2012, 03:39:29 am »
I love Mums kaffir lime tree. I use the leaves alot, especially with fish..

Great review Judy, thanks.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 04:49:51 am »
Doesn't any one use the limes????

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 06:39:17 am »
Mine is only a baby lime tree Gretchen so I doubt I will have any fruit for a long time.  Can you use them as an ordinary lime would be used - they are pretty ugly looking things and I thought the kaffir lime was more for the leaves than the fruit. 

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 07:00:48 am »
Yes you can JD, I do. Had heaps of limes the first year but only 1 this year. I used them in marinades.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2012, 07:53:17 am »
Mine is only a baby lime tree Gretchen so I doubt I will have any fruit for a long time.  Can you use them as an ordinary lime would be used - they are pretty ugly looking things and I thought the kaffir lime was more for the leaves than the fruit. 

In every place I have seen them used it is for the juice and the leaves.  Wish I had a tree.

Gert

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2012, 06:17:09 am »
Have put a tree on my shopping list - wow it sounds like I may need truck instead of a trolley  :D

Me too, loving the pot idea. (As in tree IN a pot…for those of you who were wondering!)
I have a bay tree in a pot, which I love, so maybe its pair can be a kaffir lime tree….

:D

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2012, 07:56:49 am »
Looks great Judy - I now know why a kaffir lime tree is on my to buy list!!!!

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 08:01:22 am »

Wish I had a tree.

Gert

Gert - can't you grow one in a pot?  Both mine are in pots - have been for ages - and they're not complaining . . well not yet anyway!  Can you get them from a nursery up near where you are?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 12:06:57 pm by judydawn »