Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8988217 times)

Offline amyt1985

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #300 on: February 26, 2009, 05:03:05 am »

DH reckons it tasted 100% better than the Pasta E Fagioli we had for lunch.

LOL - any criticism is better then silence.  It is funny how different people's tastes can be.  Saw the Eataholics program on ABC 2 last night with a girl who only ate chocolate and pasta - seriously.  And almost nothing on the pasta.  :-\ :-\

My partners younger brother is nearly the same, he only eats sausages, bacon, steak, tomato sauce, chips, lots of salt etc. Doesnt like meat with marinades on them, doesnt like vegetables and a few other things he eats that are not healthy. Will only eat the cheese pizza if they order pizza. Likes 2 minute noodles but not pasta. At least he likes scrambled eggs. Does get a bit difficult when he comes over and we try to feed him.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #301 on: February 26, 2009, 09:36:32 am »
i had a friend who as a child and teenage would only eat grated cheddar cheese and vegemite sandwiches. (of course she ate all the usual sweet things lol)  she is more adventurous now.

that would driv eme batty, i don't think i could put up with it  :D
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline wombleydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 26, 2009, 12:12:46 pm »
Oops, might be a bit big. Anyway, here's my pic of the Wicked Chocolate Honeycomb Cheesecake I made on Sat. A big thanks to my friends for having a birthday and giving me an excuse to make it.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 12:14:19 pm by wombleydoo »
Cathy
Living the QLD life with DH and 4 kids.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 26, 2009, 12:20:29 pm »
Did it taste as good as it looked?  A spectacular piece of work, congratulations. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 26, 2009, 09:01:24 pm »
 :o :-* :-*
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #305 on: February 27, 2009, 02:30:28 am »
That cake looks so tasty. Recipe sounds perfect. really good job there :-) (tummy rumbling now)!!!!!

Offline wombleydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 27, 2009, 05:50:01 am »
Thank you. Yes, it tasted as good as it looked. Awesome recipe. I followed it to the T except that I had to cook it much longer. Maybe my springform pan is not as wide and deeper, so it took longer than the hour quoted in the recipe. I think it took about 2 hours.
Cathy

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #307 on: February 27, 2009, 07:38:51 am »
Great work - it looks delectable.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 27, 2009, 08:00:25 am »
My computer monitor (daughter's actually) has 'slurps ' all over it.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 27, 2009, 10:02:46 am »
tonight i made a version of the chicken and pasta casserole - mmmmmmmm

lunchtime i made little quiche / fritattas with bacon, onion and sweet potato
My Cooking Blog

Offline wombleydoo

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 27, 2009, 10:20:48 am »
My computer monitor (daughter's actually) has 'slurps ' all over it.

:D :D ROFL Lovely  :D :D
Cathy

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 01, 2009, 04:00:03 am »
Having a cooking day today for visitors coming to lunch tomorrow.  Just made the Capsicum & Sundried Tomato Dip, everyday book page 54.  Very nice, different!  Far too much though so was wondering if anyone has made this one and frozen a portion for later. If not, looks like daughter will get it when I see her on Tuesday. She has made this one before and loved it so I knew it was going to be OK - not brave enough to try something different like this recipe unless it has been recommended.

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 01, 2009, 07:33:02 am »
i made the choc honeycomb cheesecake for dh's birthday (though not with honeycomb as it's not gluten free). i was disappointed in it, it was a bit  ??? boring. anyone else? i felt like it needed some baileys or something  :D :D (though i am not a choc cheesecake fan i must admit)

i also did the mayo for the first time, i think i did it wrong as it was really bland and not really very thick (how thick should it be?)

i used it on the coleslaw, but i snuck an apple into the coleslaw (dh hates fruit) thinking it would jsut make it sweet but the apple taste was really dominant. on the flip side ryan loved it where he usually refuses to eat it lol
My Cooking Blog

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 01, 2009, 07:42:45 am »
I made the Peach and Passionfruit jam this morning. I cooked it for about 20 minutes more and think it could possibly have done with a bit more as it wasn't 'set'. The flavour is lovely though. As suggested I used only 1/2 the amount of sugar.  Will definitely make it again while peaches are reasonable.
I also made some short pastry for the base of a potato and smoked salmon quiche. The salmon was a bit expensive but it will do us for at least 2 meals and that works out the same price as a roast.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 01, 2009, 08:02:02 am »
Maybe it needed that violet crumble topping Karen to intensify the taste.  Someone else must have made this one by now, what did they think. Can you just drizzle chocolate over the top maybe?

Re the mayo - read a hint by baf65 dated 10th Nov under the heading Room Temperature Eggs in Hints which may be of interest to you and anyone else trying mayo.  I have yet to make it again since reading this hint but will do so next time.

I leave the apple out of the coleslaw and add a little sugar to compensate.

I made the corn chips posted by you Karen 20/2 to go with the dip I made earlier. Was quite happy with them.

Also did my chicken version of Master Moderators rabbit stew from the forum again for my visitors tomorrow.  Got the speed wrong this time and the pieces are a lot smaller so it will be served with rice tomorrow now, not mashed potato as I had planned.  Thought I'd try that steamed garlic rice bron posted 5/2 this time. 

Have also made the revised recipe for chocolate mousse, not the one from the everyday cook book which everyone says is more like a chocolate sauce. I hope it turns out OK.

Tomorrow's lunch is the first time I've fed visitors from my thermomix - hope they like it!!  I'll post their reaction later.