Author Topic: ebay i cant believe it!  (Read 48351 times)

Offline AliRo

• View Profile
Re: ebay i cant believe it!
« Reply #105 on: August 19, 2012, 04:38:22 am »
I guess they would rather have 2 or 3 new people hear about tmx (and possibly buy) than bother with selling cookbooks and the like.  I mean, that basically is their whole strategy, and the reason why you have to have a demo when initially buying in order to receive your thermoserver and other bonus.  It's all about selling the machines and I dare say they're not too worried about some people selling bits and pieces on ebay, because that's not their bread and butter. 

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 19, 2012, 05:34:28 am »
If you are an active consultant you are not allowed to sell things on eBay or any other selling place online or not. It is part of our contract. You can't buy the edc online because it is only available to Thermomix owners. If you need a replacement for a damaged edc contact your consultant and they will organise it for you with your purchase invoice number.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 19, 2012, 05:46:37 am »
The one on ebay has all thermomix stuff, books, aprons ect.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 19, 2012, 05:46:40 am »
I hate the TMX parties. Easier to win lotto than finding four or five willing party goers.

I need a"like" button for this comment

Like!

Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 19, 2012, 05:58:47 am »
If you are an active consultant you are not allowed to sell things on eBay or any other selling place online or not. It is part of our contract. You can't buy the edc online because it is only available to Thermomix owners. If you need a replacement for a damaged edc contact your consultant and they will organise it for you with your purchase invoice number.

And that is why there  is an underground  web of consultants who do their own thing.

The direct selling method is so 60's . Who has the time or inclination these days for a "party".

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 19, 2012, 06:04:38 am »
Its the same as tupperware, or nutrimetics, some candle party, Agel, Avon, Amway ect.

Great way for a company to sell heaps of product, without paying Wages to staff, rents, vehicles,  only commission on a sale. :)
Wonder how HMP is going..

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 19, 2012, 06:07:46 am »
Its the same as tupperware, or nutrimetics, some candle party, Agel, Avon, Amway ect.

Great way for a company to sell heaps of product, without paying Wages to staff, rents, vehicles,  only commission on a sale. :)
Wonder how HMP is going..

Have you heard from Stewart? I think he is not getting a lot of backup  and there  are not a lot  available. Probably going to all the chefs . I am seriously thinking about it.  I will talk to Tenina  and see how she likes it.

Gert

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 19, 2012, 06:19:30 am »
Speaking as an owner (not a consultant) if I hadn't attended a friends demo I wouldn't have bought a Thermomix............isn't that the same for most of you?
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 19, 2012, 06:31:24 am »
Nope. I saw it in a strangers house. I wanted it straight away. Had the demo under sufferance and my machine was delivered on the spot at the demo. No waiting.  And if I had had to wait for it I would not have bought it

I would have walked out of a shop with it as well had I seen it on the shelf.

Gert

*suzanne*

« Reply #114 on: August 19, 2012, 07:10:45 am »
Speaking as an owner (not a consultant) if I hadn't attended a friends demo I wouldn't have bought a Thermomix............isn't that the same for most of you?

No I just knew I wanted one after hearing about and seeing my sisters plus I feel awful having home demo's of anything people always feel they need to buy and most people don't have $2000 to buy at this specific , I had my demo after I had already bought and received my machine so I could get my thermoservers, I invited my friend and my sister  and they already own one so there was  no pressure to buy

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 19, 2012, 07:18:01 am »

No I just knew I wanted one after hearing about and seeing my sisters plus I feel awful having home demo's of anything people always feel they need to buy and most people don't have $2000 to buy at this specific , I had my demo after I had already bought and received my machine so I could get my thermoservers, I invited my friend and my sister  and they already own one so there was  no pressure to buy

Now that is just silly isn't it. What a waste of money for the  poor consultant  who had no hope of a sale but was doing the right thing by you.
Why not just give you the thermoservers  and save everyone  the time  and effort.  HO just don't get the angst from their customers and could care less.

No wonder that consultants leave in dispair .

*suzanne*

« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2012, 07:21:32 am »
I know I told her I didn't need to have one and we could of 'pretended' I held a party but no she still wanted to do it, she then went on to say see you at your varoma demo when you ring me  :-)) so it mustn't of been a waste of time for her.

My DH actually went into the office in Balcatta and asked if he could just 'buy' one as a surprise for me but they said no and he had to give them my number to organise it all

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2012, 07:26:11 am »
Maybe she needed the practise or big sister watching her.  Anyway all good buts so silly.

Gert

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2012, 07:27:16 am »
No for me too.
I read a review on taste.com.au and wanted one.

I rang Ho, got a consultant to ring me, i ordered it and paid for it sight unseen. Came 10 days later, demo was 2 days later using my machine.

that consultant sold me some books, then quit.
It took 18 months to get around to a varoma demo with another consultant.

If they had them in shops, i would have just bought it.

[/url

*suzanne*

« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2012, 07:30:46 am »
I actually preferred the hour I got when she dropped my machine off than the  demo

If they had them in shops, i would have just bought it.

I think alot of people feel like this Robyn, I know my DH was a little perplexed by the whole situation