Author Topic: ebay i cant believe it!  (Read 48512 times)

Offline ThermomixBlogger

• Thermomix blogging fan from Canada.
    • View Profile
    • SuperKitchenMachine is an unofficial fan blog for fun cooking with Thermomix!
Re: ebay i cant believe it!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 03:38:35 am »
My two cents on this interesting subject which is VERY close to my heart:

I would love to see the machine sold in the US and for it to become more known in Canada! :-* ;D :-*

It is shocking to me, :o that a machine of such quality and potential for helping cooks in so many ways is not better promoted, distributed and more available where I live.  ??? >:(  In the few months that I have owned it and broadcast my passion  :-* for the machine, I've come a little too close to this issue than is comfortable. Around here, it's a controversial subject that people are tired of hearing me speak of  :-X

While I wish for things to be different, I suggest Americans not hold their collective breath waiting for TMX to be sold in the USA. My own German ancestry and time spent in Europe give me a respectful perspective on this complicated question.  I would delicately suggest that what makes 'common economic sense' to some of us is simply not seen in the same light by others. We non-European users are a far cry from those who run the company. Their business decisions are made from a historical/cultural/political model for the most part. It is very hard to see their view from where we sit. I am happy the Vorwerk model works in Australia and Europe. (Despite being an TMX fan advocating for wider distribution, the business person in me can't say that I completely disagree with their reasons and decisions to forego US distribution this time.) In North America, there is much work that needs to be done, and much change that needs to happen before we TMX fans will see our numbers grow to the degree that we'd all wish for.

I hope I'm still around if/when this super kitchen machine really lands on our shores. And when it does, what a welcome party we'll have, won't we? Andiesenji I hope you'll join me... and Chocdoc, Tebasile, and Valerie with a huge bunch of green and white balloons and a great big FEAST for all to share. Now that's something I for one, could really to look forward to...

(heck, I'd even put on a dress  :o and apron  :o for such an auspicious occasion!)

:D ;)
ThermomixBlogger Helene

News, recipes and videos for Thermomix fans
around the world and at home.
Click: http://www.superkitchenmachine.com

Also Kitchen Kits for people who love Thermomix!
http://SuperKitchenKits.com

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2010, 02:45:31 pm »
 :D :D

OK, I'll look at putting it on eBay then. It's with my consultant, Elsie, at the moment so I'll have to see if she'd mind if people picked it up from her, then that may get over the postage issue for Perthies.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline AmandaN

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 10:36:19 pm »
Have you seen the thermoserver on ebay at the moment???? Bidding is up to $167.xx atm!!! 

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 11:35:09 pm »
Have you seen the thermoserver on ebay at the moment???? Bidding is up to $167.xx atm!!! 
Ok.. seems there are people out there who have no idea on pricing!  :o
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 03:22:55 am »
Oh boy -why didn't we get some extra ones - we could buy a new car by selling them on eBay  ;D ;D
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2010, 10:43:57 am »

Can you believe it actually has sold for.....wait for it........$212.50!  :o :o :o :o
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2010, 11:36:40 am »
NO WAY!!  That's unbelievable  ???
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2010, 11:46:32 am »
WHAT!! They are going to be so disappointed when a stainless steel dish turns up and not a TM31! Surely they thought they were bidding on the machine!  :o

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2010, 01:18:34 pm »
omg...surely they must have either been bidding on something mistakingly or its  a joke!!
i cant believe the seller didnt intervene!
i have a spare thermoserver still in its box, might make myself some $$$!!!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2010, 01:22:00 pm »
What are they worth baf65?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 02:22:15 pm »
OMG!!!!  :o :o :o :o the buyer could have held demos and bought 7 of them at the host price for that amount!!!!!!

omg...surely they must have either been bidding on something mistakingly or its  a joke!!
i cant believe the seller didnt intervene!
i have a spare thermoserver still in its box, might make myself some $$$!!!

Just read the listing again and it very clearly states that it is the Thermoserve. Even gives the measurements of the bowl and all. One thing I have learnt from selling on eBay is that people will pay what they think something is worth. You can make a lot of money or on the other hand you can make only a little. As a former seller I probably wouldn't have intervened!!!!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline baf65

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2010, 05:52:25 am »
they are 'worth' $60 but that remains to be seen,they are after all an 'incentive'
Id say they are worth more like $30 if that, $212 is bloody ridiculous!  that person is going to be so disappointed when they receive a stainless steel bowl with a plastic lid! 

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2010, 06:15:35 am »
OMG!!!!  :o :o :o :o the buyer could have held demos and bought 7 of them at the host price for that amount!!!!!!

Think they'd need to hold 7 demos to get 7 bowls  ;)  ???

Wow that is just a stupid price to sell one of those for! Hmmm... me thinks... I have quiet a stack in the shed from customers choosing to not hold a demo, or not qualifying..... nah. Couldn't do that. HO would have my head!
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2010, 07:12:40 am »
We wouldn't tell. 8) 8) 8)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2010, 08:31:17 am »
LOL  ;)
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog