Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 370763 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #510 on: September 06, 2014, 11:54:21 pm »
Speak to her Cb1, she may now be able to give you the option to change over to the new model hopefully.  I'm sure she will be expecting a backlash from those she sold to before the secret came out. As AB said, the TM31 is a wonderful machine but I can understand your feelings.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline liturg

• View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 06, 2014, 11:57:24 pm »
Dear all,

Do you know anything regarding:

• Temperature precision (1 or 5 °C increments) and to what max temp,
• Higher blade speed/RPM,
• Heat source, induction?

Those are my only big issues with the TM31

All the best,
J

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 06, 2014, 11:58:10 pm »
grrrrrr- took delivery of my Thermomix on Monday.  No wonder my consultant was keen to get it to me before she went on holiday on Thursday.  I am devastated. 

That was Nasty. Still I am sure she is stoked to have made her sale, got the commission and more brownie points for her Forum Fest ticket.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 07, 2014, 01:04:56 am »
There are a few more videos now on YouTube showing different aspects of it.  I guess we'll see more as time goes by.   :)

Offline Cbt1

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 07, 2014, 02:41:50 am »
Thanks judydawn and gertbythesea.  I will talk to the consultant but I guess if they make concession to one they will have to make it to all.  It's even more galling when I drove to her house to buy books etc to save her the trouble of driving out to me with small children in tow.  I feel a mug. 

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 07, 2014, 02:47:01 am »
Had a look at the internet info for the first time this morning..... I can understand the disappointment if you had just bought one but after being an owner for about 5 years I am ecstatic that the new model seem to have had such small changes ...that they were already so close to being one of the best appliances available!
For me the touch screen and recipe chips and few other features are not enough to warrant the change over. I have never been a purchaser of lots of recipe books prefer to use the internet...one day when you can write your open recipes to the machine maybe...but for me I am just as happy with my TM 31 as I was before I saw the new one..... I am thankful everyday for the way "Alice" helps me out and has made me a much better/healthier cook than I was pre Tm days.   :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 07, 2014, 02:49:16 am »
Cbt1 I would still give her a call. You can be perfectly polite but express your disappointment. People on the thermomix Facebook site are being urged to ring HO and consult with them over this problem. Please give her a call, you may forever regret it if you don't. Best of luck.

People wanting to see all the features I would do as JulieO suggested and check out the utube pieces. Otherwise give your consultant a call or email. Book a demo, then you will be able to see it all. Here on the forum we only know what people are telling us.

Deeau I love your attitude and you are perfectly correct. My HMP has preprogrammed recipes and I think I have used it only a couple of times as I like to do my own thing.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #517 on: September 07, 2014, 03:28:26 am »
I have just ordered the new thermomix :). I'm passing my old thermomix down to my daughter for when she leaves home. I'm a bit nervous but excited at the same time. :)
I can't be happier with the TM31 so I'm sure I will be as happy if not happier with the TM5
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline floweryspring

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 07, 2014, 04:00:38 am »
Just want to say my HMP has never given me any grief, neither has my TM31.

I will do a honest review,  on it.

In have such a big kitchen, and if a new HMP comes out,  I will upgrade aswell.
Its just like upgrading to a new car.. :) new products come out all the time, so 10 years in between is pretty good.

INAID I'll sell my TM31..

Obie if you had to pick either tmx or HMP which would you pick? We are planning a move back to Aus so have to do the whole selling tmx in US and buying in Aus again. I hope I am allowed to ask this Q!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 07, 2014, 05:03:06 am »
Just want to say my HMP has never given me any grief, neither has my TM31.

I will do a honest review,  on it.

In have such a big kitchen, and if a new HMP comes out,  I will upgrade aswell.
Its just like upgrading to a new car.. :) new products come out all the time, so 10 years in between is pretty good.

INAID I'll sell my TM31..

Obie if you had to pick either tmx or HMP which would you pick? We are planning a move back to Aus so have to do the whole selling tmx in US and buying in Aus again. I hope I am allowed to ask this Q!

I also have a HMP as well as my TM31 and without  doubt I would have the TM31. I have had a bit of trouble initially with my HMP but it is all fixed now and everything has been fine for ages. I just don't seem to use the extra functions of the HMP. I thought I would but I don't. Are you moving to Western Australia? I will sell you my HMP for $1000 less than I paid and it has only been used about 30 times. I bought it for when we travel (we take the TM31) for DD to use as she loves the TM31. However she doesn't like it at all. Please feel free to pm me if you have any specific queries re the HMP.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 07, 2014, 05:05:13 am »
Dede that is wonderful. You can share info with us in Hobart. I was looking at utubes of the TM5 and as I knew he would Dh has said why don't you get one? He suggested I could give one of the thermal cookers I have to a good home.  ;D

Offline Cbt1

• View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 07, 2014, 05:19:39 am »
I have an an email from my Thermomix consultant.  She just give me the email address and phone number to contact Thermomix.  Not much help.  From Looking at Facebook I think all Thermomix will do is  simply reassure us that they will continue to support old models.  I will post when I hear anything further. 

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 07, 2014, 05:27:16 am »
Those consultants who did the right thing will still be in business and doing well. Those, like yours, Cbt will no doubt learn the power of the social media and how it can ruin your business as word gets out of the deception. I have already seen consultants named  and shamed  on FB . Word gets around in am instant.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 07, 2014, 06:11:57 am »
OMG have a look at all the TM31s for sale on gumtree australia wide all put there just today. Wow

Offline dede

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 07, 2014, 06:16:41 am »
I just counted 177 TM31s for sale. I'm guessing the majority of those would be from people wanting the newer model. Some are only just a few weeks old