Author Topic: Kenwood Cooking Chef  (Read 15702 times)

Offline melam76

• View Profile
Re: Kenwood Cooking Chef
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2014, 07:49:45 am »
melam76, could you please read the rules regarding competitor machines, in particular rule 5 in it's entirety.  A link to the video would not be allowed.
sorry all good I won't put any up I hadn't seen that :-) with regard to this being a thermo site meganjane I did have a thermomix but I just didn't like it ... The reason that I found this site was when I was looking for the thermomix in the first place i was researching it and ended up here and I had also seen on here previous mentions of the Kenwood cooking chef that is how I knew about Stacey having one and I have also seen quite a lot of ref to the hot mix pro as well ... I just assumed that yes this site is predominantly about thermomix but I also assumed from previous threads that this forum is about people who like to cook and chat about their experiences whether it be thermo kcc or hotmix or whatever ... When I read ur comment I thought you are kinda living up to the name of it being a cult like thing rather than just enjoying it and other people's opinions as the majority of others do here and when I signed up that was how I found out about the tm5 rumors and decided to stay cos of the nice chit chat about cooking that goes on here ... I'm not knocking the thermo at all as there were great things about it and there is a reason it has sold so many, it's just that it's just not for me ... but I thought I could stay on here as I think a lot of the recipes and tips etc will be interchangeable with my kcc ... I guess if this is a closed group for only thermo owners I could probably just cancel my account can someone please let me know if I should be doing that as I don't really want to be treading on other people's toes :-)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2014, 07:57:43 am »
melam76, I'm more than happy for you to stay and i'm sure you will have a lot to contribute once you have used your machine more. These forums have a lot of amazing contributors on lots of different topics. There are some threads on here that aren't specific to TMX or just not of interest to me and I just don't worry about looking at them.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2014, 08:10:08 am »
Ok with me too, I think of the forum as a friendship forum as well as a Thermomix cooking forum, enjoy our recipes and conversations.

Offline Essie

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2014, 11:27:45 am »
My old Kenwood  was somewhere between 30 and 40 years old before it died in the middle of Christmas Eve baking three years ago. I had to race out and get a new machine( pre TM days). I ended up with a Breville. It is great too..and now with the icecream bowl attachment and the TM I am set. Not as pretty as a Kitchen Aid though and can't cook like the Kenwood Thermal mixer. Not sure what to do with my Breville Food Processor though. Sell or keep.?😄

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2014, 11:49:58 am »
I'm not asking you to cancel your account. It's your choice if you want to be on a Thermomix forum. If the ideas and recipes here are helpful for you, I'm glad for you. Hope you find the Kenwood suits you better than the Thermomix.

Here is a thread on another forum which looks at both. Seems most recommend the HotMixPro rather than the Kenwood. TM vs Kenwood

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2014, 12:09:52 pm »
As this is a TM forum its not the place to talk about how good another similar thermie appliance is in comparison. In the past we have had reps of the other appliances come on here banging on how good their product is, blah blah blah and so whilst we mention what other kitchen products we use we don't openly review, recommend or stray off the TM subject as thats what this forum is based on. We have members who don't own a TM and have posted recipes as well as use the ones on the forum. Its great that we have boundaries and I think thats one of the main reason why this is a very genial forum to be on as we're all friends  ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2014, 11:32:27 am »
 Perfectly said, CP.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand