Author Topic: Naughty Chocolate Fudge Cake  (Read 12578 times)

Offline the annoyed thyroid

• View Profile
    • The Annoyed Thyroid
Naughty Chocolate Fudge Cake
« on: March 31, 2013, 02:59:48 am »
Serves 8

This cake is super light, super easy, super quick and super fluffy.The golden syrup gives the cake a delicious fudgey (is that a word?) flavour and it’s not too rich which means you can really go to Chocolate  town in the decorating department.  Just check out my egg-cellent Easter Cake….

Ingredients
175g  self raising flour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
150g raw sugar
2 eggs, beaten
150g sunflower oil
150g milk
2 tablespoons golden syrup

How to
1. Pre-heat oven to  180C/160 fan-forced. Grease and line two 18cm (7 inch) sandwich tins.
2. Mill the sugar for 3 seconds on speed 9.
3. Add the flour, cocoa and bicarbonate of soda to the TM bowl. Mix for 5 seconds on  :-: speed 1. Check that the mixture is combined. If necessary repeat, 5 seconds on  :-: speed 1.
4. Beat the eggs in a cup. Then, add the syrup, eggs, oil and milk to the TM bowl. Mix for 5 seconds on speed 4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix again for 5 seconds on speed 4.
5.  Use the spatula to transfer the mixture into the two tins and bake for 25 – 30 minutes until risen and firm to the touch. Remove from oven and leave to cool before turning out onto a cooling rack.
6. When the cake is cool, either dust with icing sugar, slap on some buttercream or top with some ganache. (If it’s good enough for Adriano Zumbo, it’s good enough for me!)

Other info
Prep and Cooking time: 35 minutes

TIP! This recipe will work just as well as one larger cake, just use a deep 23cm cake tin.

Here's the link to the blog if you want it in glorious technicolour  ;D http://www.theannoyedthyroid.com/2013/03/31/thermomix-naughty-chocolate-fudge-cake/

Converted from: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/6652/naughty-chocolate-fudge-cake

Members' comments
Hally - Lovely, very rich.

Denzelmum - a bit naughty and made this to take to the crowd. Cover with ganache, put the candle and everyone happy!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 02:49:03 pm by judydawn »
"Don't count the days, make the days count." Muhammad Ali

http://www.theannoyedthyroid.com/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Naughty Chocolate Fudge Cake
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 04:54:06 am »
Your cake looks amazing. I'm not sure if I would dare make it as I have eaten too much chocolate this weekend in so many forms. Perhaps I could take it to friends and leave the remains there! I love BBC Good Food recipes. I can't wait for each issue to come out on the ipad.Much cheaper than the paper version.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

• View Profile
    • The Annoyed Thyroid
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 10:10:18 am »
This cake went down a treat at the Easter barby! Thanks Cookie, for reminding me about the BBC Good Food app - I must get it on the ipad. So sad since the Aussie magazine went out of print  :( Definitely give this a go when you need your next chocolate fix!

Offline jmc296

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 12:16:28 pm »

Hi, I tried this link and my anti virus warned me.  I should imagine it's nothing but in case it is, I hope you don't mind me mentioning it.  

The naughty cake looks absolutely wonderful!

J
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:19:06 am by Cornish Cream »

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 12:33:06 pm »

I will delete my post.I don't know why you got a warning :-\
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 09:19:51 am by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline jmc296

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 12:39:23 pm »
I think it was the link rather than the message as such - it wouldn't let me go there.  I've just updated my anti v protection so maybe it's a little over-sensitive at the moment.  Hopefully that's what it is.   If no-one else has had problems, it's probably OK.

J

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 09:21:47 am »
Apparently Chelsea got a warning on the link I posted to my recipe Chocolate Fudge Cake like jmc296. I've now removed the link.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 09:48:14 am »
Oh wow have to try ths :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2013, 09:51:30 am »
Apparently Chelsea got a warning on the link I posted to my recipe Chocolate Fudge Cake like jmc296. I've now removed the link.

I feel something else might be going on here, CC.  I'm sure I didn't look at this and yet I have the warning when I try to look at Whats for Dinner Tonight . . . .it's all very strange . . . :o

Offline ddtaprell1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2013, 07:00:09 am »
Hi just wondering if you think this cake would be good for making the basis of a black forest cake, I'm making for a 90th birthday. Between Black forest  ?Carrot and orange/almond cake I am needing to feed about 70 people (in kids) and am looking for something light to whip up in my thernie. Thanks :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2013, 07:55:11 am »
I think this cake would be fine. Even I Loce Bimby's chocolate cake would be nice. That is quite a large cake.

I have sent you a private message re your email.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

• View Profile
    • The Annoyed Thyroid
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 07:56:39 am »
Hi just wondering if you think this cake would be good for making the basis of a black forest cake, I'm making for a 90th birthday. Between Black forest  ?Carrot and orange/almond cake I am needing to feed about 70 people (in kids) and am looking for something light to whip up in my thernie. Thanks :)
Sorry for my late reply. I'm not sure how many this would feed - I don't think it will stretch to 70! But it is easy to make and light in flavour and texture too. Which one did you choose in the end and how did you go?!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2013, 06:57:05 am »
looks yummy :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 05:52:24 am »
a bit naughty and made this to take to the crowd. Cover with ganache, put the candle and everyone happy!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 08:41:38 pm by Denzelmum »
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 01:18:30 am »
Have this in the oven atm. Added the sugar after step 3.

:D
Mum to Crown Prince......