Author Topic: What are you cooking for Father's Day tomorrow, if you are celebrating it at all  (Read 7596 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I agree Michele, I hate nursing homes and today of all days - so sad.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
I went down to the Aged Hostel and bought my Mum's brother (80) up for the afternoon and dinner, we had flathead fillets and chips followed my cheesecake,  He loved it.   I asked him if many went out for the day and he said only two and ME and I don't even have any kids.  No ,maybe not but you have family...

mcmich

There are some whizz bang nursing homes. I just wish DH's dad was in the same country. I would look after him and it would be a privilege. He doesn't need a nursing home, hostel would be perfect. Maybe that's what they are looking at - just terminology is different.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
Made the most amazing  beef dish which had been marinating in brown sugar, soy sauce, chillies salt etc for 2 days. A sybil kapoor recipe - to die for. Even dd who does not like meat was caught scoffing seconds and thirds. . Will post recipe soon. And Tenina's white choc cheese cake for dessert. YUM!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Good on you Brenda, not enough people do what you did today.

Michele where does your FIL live?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

mcmich

New Zealand. The criteria is exactly the same in the UK, OZ and NZ. for nursing home placement. (FIMS)
Maybe we could comsider him coming over here to live.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
DW's Dad passed away over 10 years ago. I will probably call my Dad later.  Fathers Day in the Us is in June so I will just be calling to have a chat since we haven't talked for a while.

My DDs both live away from home. They gave me their present to me yesterday while I was at DD1's house with DD2 on the phone. DW and I have spent a quite day at home.