Author Topic: Copied recipes  (Read 26380 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: Copied recipes
« Reply #60 on: August 28, 2012, 01:00:30 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D Yes Gert, strange.... but true..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2012, 02:50:57 am »
Laughable really. Do they think people are dumb???

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2012, 02:54:40 am »
Laughable really. Do they think people are dumb???

Yes they do as dumb people think others are dumber than they are. Big mistake.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline pippa

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2012, 04:04:12 am »
Or you go completely unanswered as I was last time I made a comment about something that I felt was not correct in their dealings with an issue.  It was just plain rude not to answer my concerns even if it was with platitudes!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2012, 03:47:34 pm »
Yep, I answered a question recently where someone was having trouble editing a recipe. They lost the lot when using the back button.

I mentioned that I didn't bother putting recipes on that forum anymore as it was too clunky and took forever.
Then said I put them on THIS forum.
My comment disappeared! Funny that...
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2012, 10:40:30 pm »
The other thing. Is that you can get " real time "  help here  if you are in the middle of something. There is usually someone who will,answer.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2012, 12:23:53 am »
Thats why we love it Here...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2012, 12:33:07 am »
This website is waaaaay better you get so much help here and lovely friendships

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2012, 02:21:57 am »
Agreed Yvette!  ;D
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 30, 2012, 05:07:12 am »
Proved by the recent retreat at Gracetown. ;)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 30, 2012, 05:11:01 am »
The original is always the best and we strive to keep it that way for MM don't we Cookie?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline pippa

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 30, 2012, 11:40:51 am »
Yep, I answered a question recently where someone was having trouble editing a recipe. They lost the lot when using the back button.

I mentioned that I didn't bother putting recipes on that forum anymore as it was too clunky and took forever.

I wonder if that was me.  I asked that very question a few weeks ago and got no answer from HO, just a single reply from someone else and certainly never saw your response meganjane!

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2012, 12:10:37 pm »
The other thing. Is that you can get " real time "  help here  if you are in the middle of something. There is usually someone who will,answer.

Gert

That's one of the things I love the most about this forum! There is always someone around to answer your question or give advice.

And the recipe reviews - I always check on here for modifications before making anything out of HO books.  Saves wasting ingredients or ending up with something inedible

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2012, 12:20:14 pm »

I wonder if that was me.  I asked that very question a few weeks ago and got no answer from HO, just a single reply from someone else and certainly never saw your response meganjane!
I have a feeling it was you Pippa! Was it about the issue of using the back button and losing everything you'd input? I think Ros responded with something about you get to understand it after a while, then I responded.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline pippa

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 30, 2012, 06:44:00 pm »

I have a feeling it was you Pippa! Was it about the issue of using the back button and losing everything you'd input? I think Ros responded with something about you get to understand it after a while, then I responded.

Yep - that was me.  My other issue has never been answered (I can't say any more without offending people, which is not my intention as it is not their fault, but HOs).  I am considering taking my recipes off and just publishing them here too.