Author Topic: Win a bowl and blade set by uploading a Baby or Toddler Recipe to TMX RC  (Read 33410 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hard to know how HO thinks Aliro but good luck with your recipe, it sounds nice.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
It would be exciting if someone from the forum won. :)
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Good luck AliRo!!  I thought about giving this a go . .. but all I could come up with was "mashed up whatever-we-were-having"  . . . . ;D

Offline pippa

• View Profile
Re: Win a bowl and blade set by uploading a Baby or Toddler Recipe to TMX RC
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 04:13:35 am »
HO said they would announce the winner on the 14th - still no sign of a winner.  Someone asked on facebook and the answer was that they had so many entries, it was taking them longer than expected.  I thought they would have expected quite a few entries - recipe competitions are always popular and the prize was really good.  Oh well, we sit and wait! :-\

I ended up thinking of 3 recipes in the last 24 hours - my poor family had to endure a massive cookfest and taste testing my ideas!!

http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/cannelloni-babies-bed/50623
http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/baby-sausage-scrolls/50581
http://www.recipecommunity.com.au/recipes/chicken-kebabs-satay-sauce/50574

Good luck everyone

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 09:11:23 am »
yep, that's the one, thanks! (although, there's a .au in there as well)

There are a grand total of 7 dishes in there at the moment!  I can see why they're doing a comp to get some more recipes in there!

Not as popular a site as we are it seems so they came here for help. We are flattered.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline AliRo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 10:25:54 am »
Yeah, I was the person who asked on facebook.  I think it's pretty slack of them to be honest.  What did they expect?  A dozen entries?  If you run a comp and specify an end date, then you should stick to that end date.

Obviously the comp had it's desired effect as they now have about 6 or so pages of baby and toddler food recipes, instead of the 7 that they had to start with!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 10:28:46 am »
Yeah, I was the person who asked on facebook.  I think it's pretty slack of them to be honest.  What did they expect?  A dozen entries?  If you run a comp and specify an end date, then you should stick to that end date.

Obviously the comp had it's desired effect as they now have about 6 or so pages of baby and toddler food recipes, instead of the 7 that they had to start with!

Typical of lack of professionalism and not thinking it through. 

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline pippa

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 11:56:13 am »

Good on you for asking!  I am not on Facebook, so spent all day on the 14th asking my husband to check, then I just gave up!  I can't believe noone asked before you.  The response you got indicated to me that it would be the next day ("soon"  I would say if your competition is already 2 days over, should mean tomorrow), but here it is 4 days after it was promised and still no winner.

When I looked at all the entries, I did wonder how on earth they could judge it.  There were no guidelines as to what recipes would be judged by and the differences between a pea and broccoli mash and broccoli nuggets (or chicken skewers  ;) ) is huge - how on earth can you compare them.

I will laugh if a mash recipe wins  ???

Offline AliRo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 12:12:41 pm »
When I looked at all the entries, I did wonder how on earth they could judge it.  There were no guidelines as to what recipes would be judged by and the differences between a pea and broccoli mash and broccoli nuggets (or chicken skewers  ;) ) is huge - how on earth can you compare them.

I agree.  When I looked through all the recipes I thought yours were great entries and giving me some good competition  ;)  But yeah, a mash recipe is a bit rediculous, however the category on the website is stated as 'baby food' not baby AND toddler food, so it may very well be a mash recipe!

Offline Tasty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 12:43:16 pm »
I never got around to entering this competition as a lot of major things have happened in my life lately however I am going to pop over now to see if there is anything that takes my interest to try.

Offline pippa

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 10:08:36 pm »

the category on the website is stated as 'baby food' not baby AND toddler food, so it may very well be a mash recipe!

That is why I didn't enter until the last day. I only read the rules two days before the comp ended and it said for ages 0-5. I have a 2, 4 and 5 year old, so anything we eat regularly would suit. That is why I put in those 3 - we eat them lots. I just needed to write them down as recipes as I usually just make them up.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 02:00:32 am »
I find it very unprofessional to give a prize date and not stick to it. At least a message could be put up saying    that the time has been extended and the new date is ........

Here if you buy a raffle ticket at the shopping centre and it isn't drawn on the date specified they have to publish the new date.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline pippa

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 02:39:14 am »
When I looked through all the recipes I thought yours were great entries and giving me some good competition  ;) 

Meant to say thanks AliRo.  I thought yours was one of the better ideas too.  And still we wait  :-))

Offline AliRo

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 03:13:48 am »
Someone else has asked about the comp on the facebook page and this was their answer

'Our recipe development team are testing the recipes and we will be announcing today!'

So I guess we'll see!  At least its good to know though that they're actually testing the recipes

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 03:38:47 am »
Someone else has asked about the comp on the facebook page and this was their answer

'Our recipe development team are testing the recipes and we will be announcing today!'

So I guess we'll see!  At least its good to know though that they're actually testing the recipes

That is a load of BS I say. They didn't even test the recipes for the Devil cookbook. Just slack . They should have given The ending date then a later date for announcing the winner. I wonder if Grace is gunna eat the baby food to test the flavour.  That would be good.

All they wanted is to draw suckers to the web site to increase the traffic and steal your recipes.

Gert