Author Topic: How long did it take you to puchase your TMX?  (Read 11031 times)

Offline AliRo

• View Profile
How long did it take you to puchase your TMX?
« on: June 15, 2012, 12:15:51 am »
A few people have mentioned in other threads about how it took them a day/month/year or whatever from when they first heard about tmx to when they purchased their own.

So, just wondering how long it took you?  What were the reasons for that?

For me, it was around 9ish months.  My Mum went to a demo and signed up that day to buy one and also become a consultant!  I liked the idea of it but wondered whether it would be a bit of a fad and eventually wouldn't get used so much.  But after seeing how much my Mum used it for and me always finding myself thinking how much easier it would be to do xyz if I had a thermomix, I decided I really wanted one.  I then just had to convince my DH to let me spend the money!  We had an unexpectedly big tax return and I took the opportunity to jump in and claim it for myself!  I told him that he spends lots of money on tools for his job so I should get to spend money on 'tools' for my job as a SAHM  ;)  He's pretty big on health so that was a good convincer too.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: How long did it take you to puchase your TMX?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 12:20:43 am »
I saw it in a friend's house where she did not use it at all. After asking about it , I booked a demo and had one within the week. Hers still sits looking pretty and unused.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 12:41:02 am »
Read about it on a forum, watched youtude videos and contacted TM, got a consultants name and contacted her and told would be at least a month before I could get a demo....found a different consultant and ordered one two days later sight unseen....maybe I am a little impatient ? Been 2 years and have never looked back. ;D

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 01:24:14 am »
From when i first heard about TM and buying one was 10 months.

From when I first decided I wanted one and actually buying on took me 2 weeks :D (and that was only because it was Christmas and I had to wait)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 01:31:50 am »
I read a review on taste.com. rang up HO, next day a consultant rang me and I ordered it then, sight unseen.
Delivery demo 9 days later.

:)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 02:04:29 am »
My best friend had been talking about it for a while - her MIL has one. Since she's a gadget queen & a much keener cook than me I didn't really pay attention. But then I went to another friend's demo & I think I was sold halfway through! They were offering interest free at the time so I rang my BF & she ordered hers that night. I took about a week to decide, spent the time researching which is when I found this forum. I had just received an inheritance so money was not an issue, just worried that I wouldn't use it much, but this forum helped convinced me & I've never looked back.
Melbourne, inner north

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2012, 02:20:42 am »
I was doing some googling for additive free recipes and came across the TMX website. I read all about it and sent HO an email. A consultant called me and then came around the next weekend. Decided on the spot that this is what we need to create healthy additive free food. I had just recieved my family assistance annual lump sum payment so used that money to purchase.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2012, 02:32:16 am »
I had never heard of them, DD rang inviting me to a demo at her place 2 nights later and I bought it then.  I usually don't procrastinate about purchasing something, if I think I need it what's to think about  ;D
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2012, 07:48:33 am »
I went to a demo, loved it but was scared of a) the cost if it ended up a passing fad, and b) the thought it may become a passing fad!! Anyhow, I TRIED to push it out of my mind - fairly succesfully, until I was invited to another demo, got all excited again and decided I really did want one! But there was still the $$ side to get around. Well DH and I both get $20/week allowence in the budget each week,to spend on whatever we want, no Qs from the other person etc, so I thought I'd start saving hard, even tho it was going to take a while. DH soon cottoned on to the fact I was saving for one, and said when I had 1/2 the $$ I could get one (this is a man who has never seen the TM) and the other 1/2 could come out of kitchen allowence. Then we had visitors in who left a rather large sum as a thank you gift, which DH kindly passed over to me to put toward my TM as I "did all the work, cooking and preperation for them." (his words)! So I get to 1/2 the $$, order my TM, tell DH it is on the way, he grins, opens his wallet and produces the rest of the money - without me knowing he'd been saving up his allowence to for my TM. I asked him what make him do it - his answer "just cuz I love ya." I was so thankful, but almost embarrased in a way. He is so kind and always so thoughtful I really shouldn't have been surprised, but I was!! So anyway, to answer the Q - it was about 2yrs from the first sighting to having it on my bench!!
:D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2012, 07:53:27 am »
Astarra, 2 years to wait, what patience.

Sounds like a great hubby.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2012, 07:54:41 am »
Astarra, 2 years to wait, what patience.

Sounds like a great hubby.

He is!!!!  :-*
:D

mcmich

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 08:01:54 am »
It took me a year from first hearing about it to purchase date.
I lurked on the forum a lot.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 08:25:58 am »
astarra, that is a lovely story and I have to admit I have to keep wiping away the tears cos you both sound so nice and you truly deserve the TM and each other  :-*
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2012, 11:12:52 am »
Wow astarra that is such a nice story. What a wonderful hubby you have :)
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 12:06:25 pm »
Thanks for that lovely story Astarra. It made me all warm and fuzzy.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous