Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036271 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26415 on: August 24, 2022, 10:52:55 pm »
Hello ladies, nice to see you back. I’ve a 6 and it makes a good Cookidoo sponge. I don’t use many of the Cookidoo recipes but in general it is a good machine. I’m also using DD 31 at the moment and the 6 has come a long, long way since the 31. I still like the 31 for it basic easy to use functions.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26416 on: September 03, 2022, 05:53:16 am »
It has been so quiet on here the last couple of days, I thought I would tell you about an interesting experience I had yesterday.

I went out to post a letter and as I walked up the street, a ‘hoon’ car passed (with a suitably hoon’ish number plate and paint job) with all windows open and music blaring out so loud you couldn’t tell what it was.  I caught up with the car when I got to the letter box and was able to hear the music … Italian opera!  What a shock, I was expecting rap or heavy metal or something along those lines.  I forgave the guy for being a ‘hoon’!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26417 on: September 03, 2022, 07:41:47 am »
Love it Marina. If The Midnight Special by Creedence Clearwater Revival is playing whilst I’m driving I turn mine up too. During Christmas Carol TV shows we both loved The Holy City (David Hobson) and that goes up so high that the neighbours must hear it.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26418 on: September 03, 2022, 09:20:30 am »
A very cultured noon Marina. I turn up the radio rather loud if rock and roll come on, from my era. I had it up loud yesterday coming home when Ferry Across the Mersey was on. Probably not rock and roll, but definitely my era. 
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26419 on: September 03, 2022, 10:57:50 pm »
Judy, Cookie, you have both bought back memories with your songs. I admit, I too turn up the radio  when those old songs are on ... but I am not a HOON - those are GOOD tunes / music ;D

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26420 on: September 05, 2022, 10:54:51 am »
Very true Marina.
I had an unexpected trip to a medical centre x ray department. DD has hurt her shoulder and was having a scan and x rays there. She fainted! They called us and we had to go and pick her up and then get her car from work. (Just over the road). One of her friends had been kind enough to bring her bag over to her. Everyone was so nice. She seems ok but they suggested she see her GP.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26421 on: September 05, 2022, 10:58:29 am »
Hope DD is OK cookie.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26422 on: September 06, 2022, 12:25:55 am »
Hope all is well with DD, Cookie .... was it the Mustang you had to collect - I can just picture you zooming along the road int that (with the music blaring!!!)?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26423 on: September 07, 2022, 05:39:30 am »
No Marina. The Mustang is left hand drive and DD has to present her work code thing to get in the car park and it is made for right hand drive cars. She said she would get yelled at if she had to get out of the car and run round to the other side to tag her pass. 😀😀😀
She is fine thanks. The GP. He led her out. She has torn a tendon in her shoulder.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 09:54:47 am by judydawn »

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26424 on: September 07, 2022, 07:08:18 am »
One of our GD came today to show us the photos of her hiking holiday in Tasmania.  She had some lovely photos.  While she was here DH had a talk with her about a new TV as ours is pretty old.  As she is manager of one of the JB HIFI stores she is arranging a new one for us.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26425 on: September 07, 2022, 09:56:54 am »
How long will it take to fix DD’s shoulder cookie? It sounds painful but I read that she’s going back to work.
Margaret it’s handy having kids who can do things like that for us.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 09:59:45 am by judydawn »

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26426 on: September 08, 2022, 06:27:18 am »
Hectic week but lots of fun . Book club girls night out event Jock Serong “Settlement “ talk ! We then had dinner in Lygon st Carlton !! Lunch with DD . Girls Lunch out at a country pub ! DH wanted me to go for a drive to pick up farm machinery after spending 10 hours on the road in four days , no . Kitten brought DD a surprise! Baby tiger snake 🐍!! Then a tiny bird and yesterday a magpie !! Truly not good . This morning I found grey fur in the boiler room floor ( they sleep here as it’s warm ) !! Possibly a rabbit I suppose. Heaven help me this summer .

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26427 on: September 09, 2022, 12:11:27 am »
Saddened to hear of the passing of the Queen.  She was an amazing, dedicated woman and had a hard life in many ways; I wouldn't have liked to have been in her shoes by any means.  Truly the end of an era.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26428 on: September 09, 2022, 02:33:58 am »
So true Marina, it was expected but happened so quickly. I sat up until midnight watching coverage then woke at 6 am expecting to hear the bad news.  The world has lost an amazing lady and I send condolences to the people of the UK, especially one of our own, Denise. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26429 on: September 09, 2022, 08:02:31 am »
Saddened to hear of the passing of the Queen.  She was an amazing, dedicated woman and had a hard life in many ways; I wouldn't have liked to have been in her shoes by any means.  Truly the end of an era.

It is sad and certainly the end of an era. She seemed to be a very strong, caring lady who put her country first.

Judy, DD is having an injection into her shoulder next week. I plan on driving her so that I'm in the car park if she faints again. The GP said that hopefully that will help, and the tear will eventually mend itself as it isn't a full thickness tear. It seemed very hard for her to get in and have the injection. Some places were several weeks.

We attended another funeral this morning. It seems to be coming a habit here. This was a man who lived over the way from us. We all built here around the same time.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 08:12:31 am by cookie1 »