Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6036404 times)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1050 on: July 15, 2012, 09:08:55 am »
We went  out for lunch at Hippo Creek, subiaco.

Its in the entertainment book, food fantastic, thoroughly recommend  it.

My only disappointment was they scratched our card. Bill $150, we Had $22 discount so we paid $128.

Spoke to manager & explained if card was not scratched we would visit many  times, but he wasnt interested, restaurant always busy, he said. Busy today, sunday, footie on at subi, staff member told me no footy no customers. Owners South African, maybe stubborn.

Whereas Salt on the Beach, Freo & Char Char  Bull never scratch & we eat there regularly.

Oh yes forgot to add, they have a TM in their kitchen. Told them about forum.

H :)

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 09:11:07 am by Halex »
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 15, 2012, 09:55:52 am »
Hanging around the house doing a few over due chores while planning the coming week.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 15, 2012, 10:52:45 am »
Mandi, what a nice sister you are! It sounds like the baby shower was great :D

Hally, I'm glad you enjoyed your lunch out :) Interesting that the restraunt have a TM, I wouldn't have thought many commercial kitchens would have them.

We just got back from visiting nana and grandpa. We went to their house first to drop off nana's basket of goodies and I picked some oranges from grandpa's tree to bring home :) Nana told us while we were there that grandpa's sister has just had a massive brain tumour removed but the surgeons missed some of it and it is a very aggressive form :'( Nana hasn't told grandpa, we don't know if she will or not :-[
Then we went to the hospital, and when we went into grandpa's room he was asleep. We woke him up and had a bit of a chat, but he was a bit confused. We had to convince him that it was afternoon, not morning. He thought we had driven up to see him in the dark, and that he would be getting breakfast soon. He asked us if we had come to see him because we couldn't sleep. Then mum told him that nana would come around later, and he asked if she couldn't sleep either. He asked what day it was, and when we told him he said it was still yesterday ???
But it was good to see him, and just hold his hand like I always do. I like holding his hands, they are very tough and strong :)
Someone has messed his medication around somewhere though, and now they have to sort it out. Silly people, they should be more careful with my grandpa >:(

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 15, 2012, 10:55:58 am »
I've been wondering how Grandpa has been going Amy, now I know.  I get that confusion from my DH sometimes and he is only 63.
Looks like Nana will be eating very well over the next week or so.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 15, 2012, 10:59:50 am »
Thanks for being so caring Judy :-* Nana really liked the look of the pudding, I will have to post on the thread so chookie knows how much it was appreciated :D I hope grandpa can go home so he can have some, or maybe nana would be allowed to take some into the hospital for him.
I hope your DH is okay :)

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 15, 2012, 11:12:42 am »
What a great surprise for your sister Mandi :)
Sounds like she was over the moon that you went to all that effort.

Amy you are wonderful looking after your Grandpa, Nana and Mum so well.  They are blessed to have you  :)
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #1056 on: July 15, 2012, 11:21:16 am »
I would do anything for my sister. She has been to hell and back trying to have a baby. I even looked after her 2 step sons for 5 weeks cause she was flown to Adelaide incase the baby was born. Was such a scary time. We sent her a care package with a video of all of us saying little messages and a whole heap of special gifts for her. Was a long 5 weeks. She was sent back to Tassie when she hit 30 weeks and within 2 days her DS was born. In the time she was in hospital we even moved houses for her, I had to enroll the step boys onto a new school and organize uniforms etc. but I would do it all over again If I knew it would help :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 15, 2012, 11:36:35 am »
I did the beep test in high school and from memory I think I did OK, but I didn't really enjoy it. I personally like running, but I don't enjoy it because firstly my fitness now is SHOCKING, and secondly I'm a little 'top heavy' so running has never been all that comfortable. It's actually quite painful. Hopefully as I lose weight that will change. Or maybe I can actually find a sports bra that works.

Not an expert on the subject of sports bra but I have heard these are supposed to be really good.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 15, 2012, 11:43:13 am »
Got up and ran 16km this morning. A great way to start the day. Also very therapeutic. I needed some time to myself afer spending 13 hours in the car yesterday. 

Tonight I took sister an BiL out for a drive to see kangaroos. So far we have driven from Perth at night. Driven from Newman to Narrogin and just did a dusk drive out around the edge of town looking for Roos but have not seen one.  I told them that they are really a myth.

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 15, 2012, 12:01:08 pm »
We went  out for lunch at Hippo Creek, subiaco.

Its in the entertainment book, food fantastic, thoroughly recommend  it.

My only disappointment was they scratched our card. Bill $150, we Had $22 discount so we paid $128.

Spoke to manager & explained if card was not scratched we would visit many  times, but he wasnt interested, restaurant always busy, he said. Busy today, sunday, footie on at subi, staff member told me no footy no customers. Owners South African, maybe stubborn.

Whereas Salt on the Beach, Freo & Char Char  Bull never scratch & we eat there regularly.

Oh yes forgot to add, they have a TM in their kitchen. Told them about forum.

H :)

i allways offer the  discount voucher back to the customer, bums on seats are a good thing for any restaurant

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:40:00 pm by judydawn »
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 15, 2012, 01:11:56 pm »
 thats a good thing to do fundj
keeps the customer happy  and free coffee works well too

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 15, 2012, 03:50:05 pm »
Back after trips to 2 towns to get DD suit for interview Thursday and next Monday.
No luck. Left at 10, back at 3.15 after supermarket trip as well.

Suit now ordered online from john Lewis to be delivered to local Waitrose tomorrow. Let's hope it fits. Nearest john Lewis 50 miles away.

Am rather tired and now enjoying a cup of rooibush tea. Still got the bug but am better than I was.

Trying to start a healthy eating plan as we all have a few extra pounds to lose.
This is new for me as I've got to 53 without ever having to worry what I eat. Bit of a shock in fact.

Just had seeded porridge and one cookie to tide me over til supper. Had some salad, no dressing as a snack when out.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 15, 2012, 05:24:52 pm »
Evening DJ. ;D
Just walked the dog this morning and afternoon and gave him a much needed brush and comb.The rest of the day consisted of household chores :P Did have a good chat to my brother on the phone and caught up with his family news. :)
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 15, 2012, 07:50:49 pm »
Hello CC, morning Australia.

jakodai

« Reply #1064 on: July 15, 2012, 10:42:00 pm »
I've been asked to organise a shower for one of the young nurses on my ward and have been helped by some threads for Christmas in July etc but would like to know what you cooked dede?

Tenina did some great food for her daughter's baby shower a little while ago if you check out her Facebook page.