Author Topic: Suggestions for pre-made pizza?  (Read 5629 times)

Offline deedub

• View Profile
Suggestions for pre-made pizza?
« on: June 13, 2012, 01:00:30 am »
Hi all, my DD is having some friends over for a slumber party this weekend and I'm trying to prepare as much as possible in advance. I want to serve mini pizzas & was wondering what would be the best method ie. Should I cook pizzas with toppings then freeze, freeze them uncooked, freeze pizza bases uncooked then add toppings on the day, or partly cook pizza bases then freeze?
As you can tell, I'm at a bit of a loss here 
Melbourne, inner north

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
Re: Suggestions for pre-made pizza?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 01:12:35 am »
how many pizzas r u thinking of making dd
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:14:29 am by fundj »
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 01:13:34 am »
When I made my mini pizzas I just cooked them as normal, then placed them on trays into the freezer, once they were frozen I placed them into containers in the freezer so the kids could grab one as needed.
Next time I think I will half cook them then freeze as they will soon finish cooking when heated.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline Deeau

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 01:13:58 am »
Kids love making pizzas, chop up all the topping and let them make their own, I make 4 - 6 bases roll them out on baking paper then let the kids loose in the kitchen throw them in the oven one after the other, they can all "try" one anothers concoctions as theirs are cooking......freeze whats left over or put in the fridge for breakfast!

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 01:23:03 am »
Kids love making pizzas, chop up all the topping and let them make their own, I make 4 - 6 bases roll them out on baking paper then let the kids loose in the kitchen throw them in the oven one after the other, they can all "try" one anothers concoctions as theirs are cooking......freeze whats left over or put in the fridge for breakfast!

Definitely!  Make the dough up and put it in the fridge or freezer.  Make up the sauce in advance too and freeze - defrost for 2 mins in the microwave

In the morning, cut up some toppings (eg chicken, ham, sausages, mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, etc) and place each topping in a bowl and cover with gladwrap.  Grate up the mozarella and put in another bowl.  On the night, let each of the girls make up their own pizza - this way any fussy eaters are also catered for because they only put on their pizza what they want.

And don't forget the dessert pizza - Max Brenner style!  Nutella, bananas, cornflakes, mini marshmallows - always awinner.

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 04:00:03 am »
Uni - there'll be 6 kids, I expect they'll only eat 1 each as there's other food on offer.
I did get them to make their own last year (used pita bread for bases, was pre-TMX), and they did enjoy it so I guess I will just make pizza bases & freeze. Is it best to freeze them uncooked or partially cooked? How long to bake if par-cooking?
Thx for all your help so far!
Melbourne, inner north