Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6080799 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #11790 on: December 09, 2013, 12:58:29 am »
Gretchen, what a great collection of T2 teas you have.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11791 on: December 09, 2013, 02:00:27 am »
The containers have a good seal on them. I buy only 50 or 100 gms at a time . These teas can be rebrewed several times and I often leave the expensive ones in the infuser to use again with no loss of flavour. Teas well stored will last years.

I was never a real tea drinker until Tea2 came along  ( thank you Hally ) and I was sucked in.i have since read many books on tea and it is interesting. For those who don't like tea then visit a proper tea shop for a tasting and you will find you may like some real teas not the powdered dust you get in a bag. I never use milk or sugar. Some teas are very sweet and chocolaty.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #11792 on: December 09, 2013, 02:18:10 am »
I have just ordered some storage tins and the magnet labels.  Will be much better for storage. Thank you Gert

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #11793 on: December 09, 2013, 02:51:23 am »
I dragged my non-tea drinking DH into T2 when we were at a shopping centre we don't normally go to last week (we don't have a T2 locally) and we sampled all the teas and ended up getting the same as Mcmich. It was a packaged deal. The downside is the kids really like it so it's disappearing out of the fridge VERY fast.

He also got some Southern Sunrise. Might help get him off the Pepsi Max like Stacelee ........ I can only hope !

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #11794 on: December 09, 2013, 02:54:38 am »
These Tisanes can be water down too. Makes it cheaper. Also add a cheap no cal lemonade for kids .

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
« Reply #11795 on: December 09, 2013, 03:14:08 am »
Thanks for the tip Gert ..........We've been mixing it with the Turkish apple that it came with, which is sweetened. It will get expensive with the kids drinking it lol. They keep offering it to everyone that drops in.  Can't keep up with making it.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #11796 on: December 09, 2013, 04:53:20 am »
I should check it out when I am in Cairns soon
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11797 on: December 09, 2013, 06:18:19 am »
These teas can be rebrewed several times and I often leave the expensive ones in the infuser to use again with no loss of flavour. Teas well stored will last years.

Well I must try that Gert, I throw it out after just 1 brewing  :-))
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #11798 on: December 09, 2013, 06:29:05 am »
Ooh Judy. . Not frugal ;D ;D

If you go to the Tea 2 web site and look at individual teas you will see they even tell you how many times you can Re brew.  Because you are infusing and not leaving the leaves to stew the tea is not ruined. With loose teas it is also best to not use boiling water. Just under the boil is good and with delicate green tea about 80 degrees is good. I think there is a Breville  jug that has the temp on the jug itself and you can just push the button to get the right temp. Someone here must have one.

I am drinking a green silver needles with jasmine tea at the moment. Third time brewing and still delish. It is an almost white tea. A bit unusual.

Gert
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 07:08:36 am by Gertbysea »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11799 on: December 09, 2013, 06:31:00 am »
Thanks Gert.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #11800 on: December 09, 2013, 06:42:20 am »
Very interesting about your teas Gert.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #11801 on: December 09, 2013, 07:19:05 am »
Yes  Dh there is a lot of info about tea on the web and a couple of books I have bought.

Judy sometimes I just  use a few rolled up leaves to make a cup. No need to over do it especially when some teas are well over $100 a kilo. With small leaf tea I always use the measure . It does not taste any better by using more than you need if you drink it black like I do. I have one tea that is best brewed 3 times before drinking. You throw out the first  two brews. Pretty unusual and you have to have the time.takes about 9 minutes before you can drink it if you do it right

If you buy expensive fresh teas you should really keep it well sealed Nd it will last a long long time.

Gert

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11802 on: December 09, 2013, 07:27:19 am »
Thanks for the advice re DH's iPad and cover. I have an appointment at the Apple Shop on Wednesday. DD just to.d it was going to get fixed and that was all about it!  He doesn't argue with her!

May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #11803 on: December 09, 2013, 07:55:35 am »
You can't leave it because it will get moisture in it . Once the innerds start to go they won't take it anyway as there would be no point . 

Gert

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11804 on: December 09, 2013, 08:06:49 am »
Ooh Judy. . Not frugal ;D ;D

If you go to the Tea 2 web site and look at individual teas you will see they even tell you how many times you can Re brew.  Because you are infusing and not leaving the leaves to stew the tea is not ruined. With loose teas it is also best to not use boiling water. Just under the boil is good and with delicate green tea about 80 degrees is good. I think there is a Breville  jug that has the temp on the jug itself and you can just push the button to get the right temp. Someone here must have one.

I am drinking a green silver needles with jasmine tea at the moment. Third time brewing and still delish. It is an almost white tea. A bit unusual.

Gert

Yes. my DD has one - can adjust the temp and it'll keep it warm for you . . .  ;D

http://www.breville.com.au/the-smart-kettle-bke820bs.html