Author Topic: Cold Cream of Celery  (Read 15321 times)

Offline bron

• View Profile
Cold Cream of Celery
« on: March 29, 2009, 07:12:45 pm »
Cold cream of Celery Soup:
Makes 1 and 1/2 litres (serves 6):
Ingredients:
1 leek
6 celery sticks chopped
100g potato
30g olive oil
2 peeled apples
1/2 onion
2 cloves garlic
1 litre water
vegetable stock (I used chicken stock made in THX)
Flat leaf parsley
100g fresh cream
sal and pepper

Preparation:
Place leek, garlic and onion for 4 secons, speed 4. Add olive oil and program 9 mins 90º speed 1.
Then add water, stock (I have chicken stock cubes that I made a while ago) celery, potato, and cook 15 mins 100º speed 1. Add apple and parsley and cook further 10 mins 100º speed 1.
Blitz for 1 minute, speed 6 to 8. Sieve it into serving bowl and then add cream, salt and pepper. Chill.

Photos:
will post tomorrow
Tips/Hints:

This is delicious.  :P The apples just give it a light kick to the flavour, and the sieving makes it perfectly fine as a cold soup.

Members' comments
Mr Spock - I was hoping for a hot cream of celery, but yours is the only one I found, so I simply served it hot. It was delicious! Hubby who swore he would not eat anything with celery in it, actually liked it. I also skipped the apple though.

Katya -This is delicious, especially after I added a squeeze of lemon juice to lift the flavour. As it gets sieved, the next time I make it, I think I won't bother to peel the potato and apple.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 01:08:35 pm by judydawn »
Amanda

Spain

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
Re: Cold Cream of Celery
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 01:32:14 am »
Sounds delicious.  Thanks

I made a soup with apples and mushrooms - strange, but it wasn't my idea - just converted from an Englishman.

I blitzed it at speed 10 for a minute ?? and didn't think that it needed sieving.  Maybe the celery threads don't break down enough? but it is amazing how fine it gets after blitzing at speed 10
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline MrSpock

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 03:09:01 am »
I was looking for a recipe to pass two heads of celery, and since fall is knocking at the door here, I was hoping for a hot cream of celery, but yours is the only one I found, so I simply served it hot. It was delicious! Hubby who swore he would not eat anything with celery in it, actually liked it. I also skipped the apple though. Baby steps :)
See everybody's searching for...that attitude chicken ~ Bob Geldof

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 03:36:06 am »
Hey Mr Spock nice to see you back.  Been busy huh?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 02:43:17 pm »
I made this today and it is delicious, especially after I added a squeeze of lemon juice to lift the flavour.

As it gets sieved, the next time I make it, I think I won't bother to peel the potato and apple.