Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 9028140 times)

Offline quirkycooking

• View Profile
    • Quirky Cooking
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #1245 on: August 08, 2009, 01:02:13 pm »

I need to do a meal plan for the week.  Perhaps we could have that as a thread?

I do a meal plan each week (on my blog) and post the link at orgjunkie.com's 'Menu Plan Monday' - maybe we should all flood them with Thermomix menu's and we'll get more interest! LOL!  ;)
Quirky Cooking: http://quirkycooking.blogspot.com/
Thermomix Consultant, Atherton Tablelands, FNQ, Australia.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 08, 2009, 01:22:25 pm »
I am Thermomix shape-caused by the Thermomix!
Today I made the strawberry icecream suggested by Kathryn ooh it's nice.
Also made the fruit and nut slice that someone had posted.  I think it was CP63. That too is really nice.  I was most impressed DD and DH went for a walk and I made the slice and cleaned up while they were away.

I also made some lemon meringue cupcakes for the Model A AGM tomorrow but I didn't do them all in the TMX, only a very little.

I do a menu plan for the week, listing where I'll find the recipe and anything I need to buy.  Otherwise we end up with grills 7 nights a week and I don't try out any new recipes.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 01:24:10 pm by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 08, 2009, 02:41:07 pm »

I do a menu plan for the week, listing where I'll find the recipe and anything I need to buy.  Otherwise we end up with grills 7 nights a week and I don't try out any new recipes.
Great idea Cookie1 - how often do I buy ingredients only to forget what recipe I was going to use them in ??? ??? ??? I now put the name of the recipe alongside the items on my list but will have to start doing a menu plan - it will be far easier but whether I can stick to it is another thing.  I just found a packet of ham pieces in the freezer and I noticed I had written on the packet what recipe it was for so I must be improving in that department.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline bron

• View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 09, 2009, 12:53:50 am »
Made lots for my diet today! Moussaka (but made with veal) and diet bechamel, gazpacho, a soya bean veggy soupy stew, an experiment, it was delicious, however would suit more the weather down under.....than the weather we have here at the mo! :-\ :-\ :-\
Made spag bol for kids, lemon cup cakes (not for me! ;)) and vegetable stock concentrate.
Amanda

Spain

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #1249 on: August 09, 2009, 01:03:37 am »
i made some more vege stock concentrate last night too! before the potato & leek soup. mine wasn't as green this time, i must have put less parsley lol

this mroning i have made cyndi's gf bread and the TM31 bread for breakie, we are just waiting for them to cook now...
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 09, 2009, 03:11:38 am »
Don't know how I am ever going to work out a menu plan for 2 days, let alone a week.  I was on here until late last night then took all my TMX cookbooks and printed out recipes to bed with me, trying to work out some meals. Came up with several I could do with the chicken thighs thawing out in the fridge for today but still didn't decide which one  :-)) :-))  Had to give up in the end as it got too late.  As a consequence I didn't wake until 9.35 this morning and here I am, still sitting reading the latest postings in my dressing gown. Karen has already got some bread in the oven and I've done nothing. The older I get the slacker I become  ;D ;D

Offline MrSpock

• View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 09, 2009, 04:29:41 am »
Just dropped by to say hi everyone. I'm just back from a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean, been pampered and fed like a Thanksgiving turkey. I'm now in denial that it's over, and refuse to cook anything, even with the Thermomix. Unfortunately, reality is catching up quick, as I have to be back to work Monday morning. *pouts*

I guess I'll go browse the recipes  ;)
See everybody's searching for...that attitude chicken ~ Bob Geldof

Offline ~Narelle~

• View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 09, 2009, 04:33:05 am »
I'm just back from a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean

Me not jehlus - MUCH!  How nice.  Don't blame you for not wanting to cook!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 09, 2009, 04:46:36 am »
welcome back!
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 09, 2009, 07:09:33 am »
Welcome back MrSpock, missed you.  Know exactly how you feel - we've had 2 cruises in the last 18 months and have another one booked for December this year and it is so hard to get back into the kitchen after having it all laid on for you. The worst part is catching up with all the postings here  :-)) :-)) :-))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 03:03:22 pm by Thermomixer »

Offline Ceejay

• View Profile
    • wisdom comes in many misguided forms
« Reply #1255 on: August 09, 2009, 12:02:07 pm »
Don't believe I've had the pleasure Mr Spock but welcome back anyhow!  ;D

Today's efforts with TM were rice porridge for DS14, macaroni cheese for the younger kidlets (can't believe I made white sauce on a stove top for soooooo long!  ???), a spinach, cheese & garlic pull apart, boiled the eggs for tomorrow and DS14 made another batch of his fruit ice "cream".

Not bad considering I haven't felt up to cooking!  :P
The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a star.
~Anthelme Brillat-Savarin~

I don't always cook!  Sometimes I even parent! ;)
musingnmayhem

Offline alioop

• View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 09, 2009, 12:12:10 pm »
Had the family down (in-laws) for the weekend with some visiting rellies from the UK so had to impress!  Cooked brownies (thanks Amanda), anzacs, pumpkin soup (asian variation in EDC), bread rolls, butter chicken (x2 enough to feed the mob), lemon meringue pie.  Had the TM going nearly all day and it's still lots of fun.
From the beautiful South-West Western Australia!

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #1257 on: August 09, 2009, 12:18:22 pm »
Today we had juice (orange, blueberry and apple) and buckwheat and brown rice pancakes with pure maple syrup for breakfast (must be Sunday).  Lunch was a very quick fruit and custard affair after our market visit.  I have cut back the sugar to 45g in my custard with no complaints so far.  This afternoon I made the oatey fruit cookies from the vegetarian cookbook and received mixed reviews from my family.  I thought the very wholesome ingredients may be pushing my 3 year old a little too far!  I like them though and thought next time I might add some chopped dates to sweeten them a little more.  Dinner was out - a night away from Thermie  :'(

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 09, 2009, 12:30:02 pm »
i made amanda's brownies yesterday too :) had a friend in hospital (after brain surgery  :o) and she is a brownie fiend lol

today for lunch i made a sweet potato and chickpea soup that was so so (i forgot to put any spices in it lol). tonight i had a salad-athon and made the beetroot salad, coleslaw and asian noodle salad (except i have just realised i forgot the noodles lol)
My Cooking Blog

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 09, 2009, 12:40:25 pm »
After a very late start today, I did get into the kitchen finally.  Made Italian Chicken Ballotines, banana nut loaf and my first batch of butter. Reviews under relative postings.