Author Topic: Error C160  (Read 22086 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Error C160
« on: April 13, 2015, 01:29:16 pm »
So cross! I have had this error tonight while cooking Tenina's Silverside.  It keeps shutting down. Never did get dinner cooked. I had to microwave everything as we were starving!  I used the lower speed on Varoma, as I read that this is now the rule.

I've already had a replacement chip when that stopped working.
Recently, the display kept flickering between scales and normal as well. GRRRRR! I don't want to be without my machine! >:(
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
Re: Error C160
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 01:43:35 pm »
Another one bites the dust!
I feel your pain MJ.
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 01:16:21 am »
I have to agree it drives you crazy. It is extremely poor with almost every machine having to go back for this error at least once. Why not just have a recall, people would look upon it more favourably.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 12:49:58 pm »
There's 4 pages of posts on the Recipe Community. Very, very poor. I had a feeling that this machine would be more problematic due to so much of it being computerised.

My DD has offered to let me borrow her machine while mine's in hospital. She doesn't use it as much as I do as they don't eat cakes and biscuits etc. My DH loves his cakes and bickies!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 01:47:00 pm »
It makes me very glad I still have my 31.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2015, 09:39:34 pm »
It is beginning to look like Vorwerk has really made a mess of the whole TM5 thing ... not only all the controversy with the launch debacle, but all the problems now being experienced by the owners.

"I used the lower speed on Varoma, as I read that this is now the rule." - why should this be?  Surely you should be able to use the machine to its full capability?  You have certainly paid enough for it.

Sorry, a bit of a rant there, but after reading Gert's post a few days ago, as well as this one and several others, I feel so disappointed for all TM5 users.  Like Cookie, I am very happy that I have got a TM31 and wasn't even tempted to go for the TM5.  I very much hope all these problems and faults are sorted out for you all very, very soon, you deserve better!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2015, 12:48:02 am »
After reading this last night I went and read all the pages on RC. It seems a lot of people have been making the corn beef. All HO seems to do is say our service dept will be in touch. It certainly seems to be a very common problem.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2015, 12:52:37 am »
I read a few pages too cookie, first time I've been over there in months.  I'm glad they're using the RC forum and not ours to complain though.  Hopefully machines being manufactured now are not having the teething problems of the first  production.  HO must be very busy responding to all these complaints.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2015, 03:19:25 am »
Yes, it's bu!!$h!t about the lower speed for Varoma. I've since found out it's only to prevent burns from steam, nothing more.

I do love my TM5, more so than the TM31. It's so easy to use and I love the chip.  But, it's very frustrating that these problems weren't ironed out prior to release. Yes, it does seem to be corned beef that's the problem, which is rather strange. It can't be due to overheating, as the machine just cools down then will start again fine. I'm wondering if it's to do with the steaming for a long period of time.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2015, 03:03:20 pm »
lucky I don't like corned beef. Maybe that will be the end of my dramas. I do love my TM5 tho, its been working like a dream since the second HO visit. I'm glad I haven't got rid of my TM31 though.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 12:33:41 pm »
I had success with my silverside this time as compared to the burn incident 6 months ago. I was mindful of the issues with silverside so glad my machine came out the other side. That being said, although very tender, I like my oven roasted recipe so I won't be tempting fate again.

I had issues with most of my plastics with my 31 at first. No hiccups with my 5 so far.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2015, 01:01:37 pm »
Phew.
I am too scared to try corned beef in the 5. I usually cook it in the SC. The Dream Pot is quite good for it too.

Offline Kylie Keegan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2016, 06:59:40 am »
I couldn't complete dinner tonight due to Error code 160.  Other problems are: reverse jumping in on high speed, driving my hubbie mad when he's trying to juice every morning and "can't weigh over xxg" which I think happens at high speed as the measure cup jumps around a bit and it thinks you're trying to weigh."

Hoping it will fix itself once cooled down but have re-set a number of times to no avail.

What is the best way to report to thermomix?  Will this automatically be logged?

Thanks.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2016, 07:31:06 am »
It is very annoying Kylie. The first step is to call your consultant. They will fill out a 'report' and Head Office will contact you about returning the machine for repairs. If it is still under warranty they pick up all costs. A courier will pick it up and return it.
Get onto your consultant ASAP.

Offline spersephone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2016, 08:15:10 am »
I've had it jump in and out of reverse a few times. So far, letting it restart has fixed it for me. I live in dread of the day it doesn't.