Author Topic: I Love Chocolate, I Love Thermomix recipe review links - UK publication  (Read 30698 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:57:22 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
I was sooo keen to get this book.....I emailed UK for cost to get a copy here  :o  :o  :o  £30.00 for the book, £18.95 for postage.....so at the moment the AUD conversion is $80.51.....and if you pay by international bank transfer, add an extra $20.00 on top, and possibly be hit with extra bank charges on the other end  :-\
The other option you have to order is to ring them & pay by CC.

I did track one down on UK eBay, but after questioning them from reading negative feedback from sellers customers....it was confirmed they didn't actually have it in stock (but were listing 10 copies are available  :-)))
Will wait patiently I think and stalk eBay  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Some are ordering it through Amazon as it works out cheaper maddy.  This may be the link.

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
Maddy, after reading your post (I buy a few things off the ebay uk site), I had a look on Ebay UK and here's one with free shipping to Australia .............. £29.64. No photo of the book though, so hopefully it's legit. The seller has a high rating, so looks ok. If you pay with paypal, you have recourse anyway so should be ok.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/I-Love-Chocolate-I-Love-Thermomix-New-Book-/330939708456?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d0d8b3428

« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 02:53:30 pm by Debbiebillg »

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Maddy, after reading your post (I buy a few things off the ebay uk site), I had a look on Ebay UK and here's one with free shipping to Australia .............. £29.64. No photo of the book though, so hopefully it's legit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/I-Love-Chocolate-I-Love-Thermomix-New-Book-/330939708456?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d0d8b3428

That's the seller Deb, that actually does not have it in stock!!  ;)
I emailed him, after reading the negative feedback.....he said like most sellers on eBay, they don't physically have the stock, and this book won't be available until at least the end of the month.
I let him know that he shouldn't be listing items if he doesn't actually have them for sale! 
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline Debbiebillg

• View Profile
Ohh ok, bummer. Worth a shot, in case it was different. The book sounds great !

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Some are ordering it through Amazon as it works out cheaper maddy.  This may be the link.

:P :P :P.....NOW WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!...seriously, thank you Judy  :-* I shall now stand in the corner !
Picked it up for $56.74.   I don't normally spend that on cookbooks, but I believe this one will be special  ;)
Amazon Uk charged £7 for shipping, yet Uk thermomix charged £18.95 shipping.....makes a big difference.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Glad you're happy about that maddy and have ordered already.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Bad news maddy and anyone else thinking of ordering this book through Amazon - Trudy has just posted this on another thread.

'Just received an email from Amazon to say that the seller cannot fill my order for this book.  It's taken nearly a week to respond and I have asked why, as the seller had said they send internationally.  I have rechecked the site and two of the sellers have been removed and the remaining one now does not sell internationally.  Looks like my only option now is to call UK headquarters!!!!  Postage is the killer as they want 18.95 pounds per book!!!!'

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Copied my post to here in case it's missed on pg.3

Trudy...this is the info listed on my Amazon account:

Dispatching now

Tracking Information:
    Latest Event:    Order Received - 18 Jun 2013 15:45:17
    Description:    We've started preparing your parcel for delivery and it should leave our facility in the next few hours to a few days. We'll send you an e-mail once your order has dispatched. The length of time your parcel spends in this stage doesn’t change your delivery date.

Dispatch Estimate Wednesday 19 Jun 2013 - Thursday 20 Jun 2013
    Delivery estimate Thursday 27 Jun 2013 - Wednesday 31 July 2013
    I Love Chocolate I Love Thermomix I Love Chocolate I Love Thermomix

Sold by GreenBooksIE

Is that the info you had, and is the seller the same?
....I'm hoping for a miracle  :P
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline trudy

• View Profile
No Maddie it's not the same seller.  Will have another look now.  Thanks.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
Hi again Maddie,  The bookseller that you brought yours from is no longer listed but I have placed the order with the seller who is listed so will see what happens now.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Thanks Trudy.
That current listing isn't really clear on its shipping destinations, is it?
we'll both have to sit tight & wait  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline maddy

• View Profile
Update from the Amazon Uk seller I bought through:

Very sorry about this but for some reason over twenty people bought this book from us in the space of a day and we have now run out of stock , the funny thing is everyone that bought it is from Australia so it looks like it must be very popular over there

The situation at the moment is it is back on order and is due in around the 27/06/2013

I was now wondering did you want to wait or do you want me to cancel it for you and I can refund you straight away

Kind Regards
Brendan   

I'm going to wait it, as the same thing could happen with another seller....at least I'm in the queue  ;)
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline trudy

• View Profile
I have reordered through that site, so hanging tight and waiting to see what happens.