Author Topic: Hi from New York City  (Read 23382 times)

vivacity

Re: Hi from New York City
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2009, 08:15:26 pm »
Mine is free and up for downloading on my website.

Hi, AuntAnnie!

I downloaded your programme yesterday and today I have been admiring your work. I was gobsmacked. What a collection! This is a GREAT way to keep recipes tidy and not rely on bits of paper which have a habit of disappearing. You must have spent hours on your project. I think it's wonderful that you are willing to share your recipes with others.

A lot of people are going to appreciate this programme ;D

Vivienne

Offline AuntAnnie

• View Profile
    • Aunt Annie$s Attic
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2009, 03:28:54 am »
Thanks Vivienne.

I found out that I had neglected to include the metrics in the conversion of a recipe (scaling up or down), so if you want that, you should download again. But if you have entered recipes, you need to save them beforehand in another spot (export and save a copy to a spot like My Documents, then import them after you reload). (Import and export are in Recipes- Maintenance Tab).

Let me know if you need help with this.

Also, if you find any problems, let me know. I really threw the metrics together quickly because I needed them for my Thermomix!!
Aunt Annie

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2009, 08:20:42 pm »
We arrive in UK on 7th of August but go Charmouth Dorset for a family reunion with the Indian side of my husband's family, then go to London on the 14th and leave on the 19th. I want to get the Indian cook book but I have to have a UK address to have it sent to so I need to check with one of the relatives that lives near London to see if I can have it shipped to her if it comes out in time.

I would also be interested in the program if fix it for the Mac I would like to see the recipes you have in it.

I'm sure it'll work out for you to use a family address - but if not, let me know. 
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2009, 12:01:23 pm »
G'day to you. Nice to have some Yanks in the forum. I am originally from Syracuse NY and have lived in OZ for 45 years. I now live in Cairns in the tropical north of Australia. If you have any Q's about our recipes and wonder what we are talking about all you have to do is ask and you will get many wonderful replies from this community. Don't know what happened to your ice cream but I find it one of the easiest things to make. I use the whole egg and be sure to use cream with no gelatin. I haven't had a failure yet and I just throw whatever I have on hand like frozen raspberries or cocoa. Good luck and I look forward to seeing what you are cooking up.

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.