Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6135038 times)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #18195 on: August 10, 2015, 07:57:32 am »
Glad you are all moved and mostly settled in Gert. I sometimes think an over 55 lifestyle place would be grteat but DW doesn't feel the same way.

I wetn to see Dirty Dancing at the Crown Theatre yesterday. I like the theatre and musicals but was not intereseted in this one however DW's step sister really wanted to go so we agreed to go with her and her husband to be social.  The show was average, there are a few scenes that they could have done much better on with props etc or the should have just been left out.

The worst part though was the two 'ladies' that came in late and had the seats next to us. It was bad enough that they were late (but that seams to be almost normal now days) but one of them had drowned herself in porfume and htne they began talking. When aske to please be quite she flatly refused. 

They sang along to the songs, stood up to get a better view and were just plain ignorant. I think they were both somewhat intoxicated (it was a mtaniee performance) and then were abusive becuase we ruined the show for them. She tried telling me that her behavour was perfectly acceptable in London.

I told her sh should go back to London.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18196 on: August 10, 2015, 08:22:25 am »
Not nice Dan. I had a bad incident at the Theatre Royal in Adelaide with a child on a lap continually kicking me. I removed the legs away from me and the mother accused me of assaulting her prescious nasty kid. Nearly caused an uproar during the performance,

I received a phone call from Telstra 1/2 hour after the allotted four hours to say that even though I booked 3 weeks in advance and received multiple confirmations by text including 4 1/2 hours before to ensure I would be home that sorry no can do and I am now on a waiting list of maybe a week or more.

I ensured they would be waiving the $250 fee. No wifi which is not nice.

I was not at all surprised. How sad it that for a company that people have such lack of confidence in their ability to actually provide service

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18197 on: August 10, 2015, 09:04:17 am »
DD and Gert you have both had experiences that should never have happened. I'm glad you told the women to go back to London Den. I'll bet she didn't get away with it there either.
Gert, Telstra are abhorrent. Sadly we need to stay with them for our mobiles when we travel, and the coverage where we live. Its lousy but other carriers are worse.

Tomorrow is a new day and I hope you both have better experiences then.

May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #18198 on: August 10, 2015, 09:57:49 pm »
I would have told her to go back to London too Den.

Hope telstra get sorted fast Gert.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #18199 on: August 12, 2015, 01:03:58 am »
DD I'm going to see Dirty Dancing on Sunday with my DD,  I won't tell her what you said about the show till after.  Glad you told those two women to go back where they came from.  Lol
Gert that's very bad service, But typical of Telstra. We would change too cookie but need the coverage.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18200 on: August 12, 2015, 01:13:41 am »
They have us over a barrel or phone wire.

*suzanne*

« Reply #18201 on: August 12, 2015, 02:26:51 am »
Ugh speaking of telstra, I seem to be having a problem with my phone line so rang them yesterday they made me do all sorts of things to my phones and cords etc to make sure it definitely wasn't working hello I'm not an idiot when I don't have a dial tone on either of my phones I have a problem plus who would ring them with a pretend issue certainly nobody I know, anyway she says to me thank you for your help because you did what I asked you won't be charged  $120 service fee and we'll send someone out tomorrow

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18202 on: August 12, 2015, 03:04:29 am »
Wow, tomorrow isn't too bad. Hopefully they will turn up.
I hate it when they say "tell us in a few words what your problem is". I find myself  getting cross with a computer.  :-[ :-[ :P :o :o and even shouting at it.

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #18203 on: August 12, 2015, 05:26:33 am »
Wow, tomorrow isn't too bad. Hopefully they will turn up.
I hate it when they say "tell us in a few words what your problem is". I find myself  getting cross with a computer.  :-[ :-[ :P :o :o and even shouting at it.

My DD reckons the quikest way to get to talk to a person when the automatic voice asks you to describe why you are calling is to say loudly "Complaint". 

DD is with west net for her landline and internet, she has been very unhappy with their service too. I can't complain about Telstra, they have recently done a review of my services and swithced me to a plan that suits us much better and doubled out data allowance. Then last week I got an email that they were increasing my data allowance by an additional 300gb to recognise our long association with them.

*suzanne*

« Reply #18204 on: August 12, 2015, 07:33:08 am »
Well problem resolved apparently our line was disconnected at the exchange no idea why but at least it's fixed until next time

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #18205 on: August 12, 2015, 08:44:33 am »
Did some cooking and although it has rained on and off all day, I managed to spend 1  1/2 hours in Veggie garden. 9 beds planted up now. 5 to go. Feels  very good to be outside. 
We have eaten nearly all the Kefir and Wasabi dip.  I would encourage anyone who eats a lot of yoghurt to consider Kefir. It has similar health benefits and once you have the kit( about $20) it costs about $1.60 to make 600 Ml.  It is processed at room temperature and once set can be kept in the fridge.
I have posted a Lemon Kefir Ice Cream which is more like a Sorbet. This is the most popular recipe on my Blog. You don't have to have the kit, it just makes life easier.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18206 on: August 12, 2015, 09:32:31 am »
From now on I am going to say very loudly 'complaint' to the Telstra computer. Then tell them we would like 300GB too as we have been with them for 45+ years. Only kidding, what we have ( 50GB) is ok for us.
I'm pleased your problem is sorted out Suzanne.

I might keep my eye out for a kefir kit Chookie. Does it taste like yoghurt?

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18207 on: August 12, 2015, 10:24:00 am »
Telstra came through in the end. All fine. All cudos to the customer service people who managed the move. Not so much the technicians on the ground who stuff  everyone around. Left hand right hand.

I have unlimited Gbytes and they slow me down sometimes but I usually just call and complain saying I Will change providers and they speed it up instantly.

Glad to have my Netflix back as I am up to season 5 with Mad Men.

Nearly had   a crisis last night. Nearly had to call a life line crisis centre. The cold  wine was in the fridge at the bottom of the garage and the car was blocking it one end and a chair blocking the door access at the other.  Had to get dressed to back the car out to access the fridge.  Near panic I was.

This morning at 0900 I bought a new car. The smallest I could tolerate and at least I will be able to slither around it if any future wine O emergencies.

Not complaining about the garage. I knew it was small but not so small that  I had to retract the side mirrors to get into it!

Happy nearly all done now. Life goes on.

I just keep my lovely ladies on the fridge and and soooo grateful for the friendship. They lift me every day.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18208 on: August 12, 2015, 10:58:20 am »
LOL Gert, a new car so that you can access your wine stocks!  What did you buy and what are you replacing?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #18209 on: August 12, 2015, 11:09:16 am »
Gert, go girl.  You can make decisions that suit YOU.