Author Topic: Not impressed with warrantee  (Read 11898 times)

Offline Sharlynn

• View Profile
Not impressed with warrantee
« on: July 26, 2012, 12:41:16 am »
I've had a Thermomix for 6 months now, love it and never had a problem  BUT my friend who has had hers for about 9 months is not very happy with the warrantee service.
Last week her TM stopped working, it was sent for repair and was told that a cockroach had got into the motherboard, caused some damage and it would cost her almost $400 to repair. ???
Her kitchen is as spotless as mine...Does this mean that these machines are designed so bad as to let vermin into electronic parts????
Her trusty 20 year old Kenwood Chief  still sits on the bench with never a problem. I am now thinking of dousing mine in Morten.
Shame on you TM.
 >:(

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Not impressed with warrantee
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 12:59:33 am »
I’m sorry to hear about your friend’s TMX, Sharlyn, but I think she will have to grit her teeth and pay the money.  I am pretty sure no manufacturer will guarantee against something like this as it is not a mechanical / manufacturing fault as such.  Air vents have to be incorporated into the design of the TMX to ensure the correct operation of the machine and cockroaches can get into the smallest of places – I’ve seen some real damage done by these little beggars.  It is something beyond Vorwerk’s control, I’m afraid.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 01:27:18 am »
I think Marina's right- damage from insects/vermin is usually not covered by warranty. Unfortunately, no matter how clean we think our houses are, we all have cockroaches somewhere!!!!
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 01:39:58 am »
We have not only cockraches but geckos which ate the motherboard of an airconditioner and cost us $800. Just a fact of life and nothing to do wth cleanliness. They get into the electronic things because it is warm and moist usually. Computerised dishwashers and washing machines are the usual targets here and that is why I have the dial ones only.

My TMX is mucking up at the moment and refuses to turn itself off. I think it is the dial thingy and it keeps beeping one error after another. I would not be at all surprised if it is a coakroach or gecko fault. Eventually I will have to send it in.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 01:51:15 am »
I feel for your friend Sharlynn. I can imagine how she feels.

Gert I hated the creatures when we lived in Broome. I didn't mind the gecko/es/s as they ate the moths. We lived in a government house that was over 100years old. The cockraoches ugh. I saw cockroaches running round for about 4 years after we left.
Our home is relatively new and last night I found a cockroach stain on the air con vents. yuk.
Just stay away from my TMX.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 01:59:11 am »
This is awful about the cockroaches.  Too cold for them here. But we do do have mice.  Have managed to keep them outside this year,  and they are too big to get into TMX.

Gert , hope your Thermie is OK.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 02:02:37 am »
Sharlynn, feel for your friend.

But i dont think it is the fault f the TM. I would be upset too, but these thins happen.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 02:08:29 am »
This is awful about the cockroaches.  Too cold for them here. But we do do have mice.  Have managed to keep them outside this year,  and they are too big to get into TMX.

Gert , hope your Thermie is OK.

I will persevere at the moment. Just switch it on and off at the wall. Pain in the butt though.

I had cockroaches in Sydney too.

The cane harvest is on now so lots of mice running for cover not to mention the snakes and wallabys . I had  the house sprayed a couple of months ago but the cockroaches seem to love the stuff.

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 02:18:23 am »
Yikes what sort of snakes Gretch?
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 02:23:48 am »
We have all kinds in the neighbourhood. Green tree, brown tree, pythons, I  saw a half dead Taipan in the cane field across the street last year.

We often have tree snakes in the yard and sometimes a python ar two. Harmless and so beautiful.

Gert

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 03:32:47 am »
part of living where we do..
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 03:33:39 am »
Gee I'm glad we live in Tassie. Don't really have issues with anything in this house, except the occasional little scorpion and some spiders. Never had any sign of mice inside thank goodness.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 03:53:39 am »
Gee I'm glad we live in Tassie. Don't really have issues with anything in this house, except the occasional little scorpion and some spiders. Never had any sign of mice inside thank goodness.

So our cold climate has its advantages then ??? 
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 04:56:33 am »
Sure does KC :D
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.