Author Topic: WA Retreat Weekend  (Read 469520 times)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WA Retreat Weekend
« Reply #420 on: May 18, 2012, 10:46:57 am »
Gert, you have been very busy whilst I was out today.  All these plans being made, changed and hopefully now everything falls in place for the trip down south.  Is CP co-ordinating that too for those not driving themselves. Guess I'm lucky in that I have people over there looking after me - thanks to those lovely people I haven't had any stress at all.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 18, 2012, 10:57:45 am »
Gert, DH calls the BBQ a "Uterus Free Zone" LOL
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 18, 2012, 11:41:11 am »
If were having lunch out, dont think i could fit in a bbq dinner, might just grab cheese & crackers, dip & veggie sticks

I am sure we can work out who wants bbq or nibbles nearer the time :)

H :)

Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 18, 2012, 11:59:20 am »
No worries H . I am sure there will be others who want to do their own thing. No pressure to eat or drink.  All about meeting and greeting.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 18, 2012, 12:41:55 pm »
Wow, I've missed a lot of chat today. Will I be sleeping in a car too as I don't have tatoos or blue eyes and I'm right handed?
I haven't booked my flights yet, but looks like I should aim for Thursday too. This is so exciting
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 18, 2012, 12:52:20 pm »
Actually, I was just thinking we could maybe fit in a little session of some sort eg. yoghurt making or something on Saturday, or whip up some morning tea on Sunday... (I could make some cream puffs  :P, some one else could make pikelets/scones, etc etc). Maybe Saturday might be good for Pizza night where we can whip up some dough and top with our favourite toppings? We have to plan to have something to eat, otherwise when the time comes around someone will say "so, whats for dinner?" so at least with pizza you can have one slice if you don't feel like eating much or keep going til youre full. Sometimes that country air just makes you hungry as well
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 18, 2012, 01:08:06 pm »
How many TMX's are making the trip CP and will you be taking the food with you or buying it down there?  Some shopping list that will be for how many people? 

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 18, 2012, 01:23:16 pm »
Is there a grocery store or can we shop on the way?  We can't have you doing all the work. We do not want to have  too much or too little. But we must have some sort of order or we will duplicate too much for each house.  I am supposing that there will be nothing in the houses but one roll,of toilet paper, no salt  and no coffee. LOL!

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 18, 2012, 01:32:37 pm »
Wow, sounds like you have been busy CP and have put a lot of thought into this. Providore is fantastic and I recommend the duck if they still have it on the menu and the passionfruit curd (but that was before I had a tmx and now I can probably make my own).

Oh boy. I love duck.

Gert

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 18, 2012, 02:11:56 pm »
Oh boy. I love duck.

Yeah me too, my fave of all time is Sitting

I've got 2 x TM's I could take down. At this stage of the game I don't know whether I will be in Perth or Gracetown. I live in Perth but I could go down a day earlier to buy food. I'm wanting to concentrate on getting a basic accom & tour costing first so that everything else will fall in after that. I want to make sure everyone has a ride down, as that will determine whether I am down there or up here. I would say Nazar would be coming by herself in her car, suejen's mob, and the VHJ's.

Is anyone able to put their hand up to organise the car pool?  (PM me)

EVERYBODY: Send me a PM and copy & paste the relevant info ONLY:
I can provide transport / I need transport / I don't need transport
I am based in *SUBURB* / 1 person / 2 person
(It would be fair to assume that someone providing transport would have people coming to them  eg taxi/family member dropping off etc unless it was on the way)

Gretch, we won't be eating duck at The Providore as we will be dropping in like tourists do unless you can catch it in the chook yard. Here's their website

I'm trying to be mindful of not organising too much for those who want to chill a little, and not organise too little for those who don't want to run out of conversation and be bored.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 18, 2012, 02:20:15 pm »
OMG OMG, on Saturday the theme is...."Bazaar Dressup". That means you have to get your clothes from the secondhand shop and dress up bazaar. Thats it, no argument - the weirder the better. (Ok for you Gretch that might mean wearing a jumper)

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 18, 2012, 02:38:37 pm »
How very rude CP i buy all my clothes  at the Sallies and I don' t think they are Bazaar. Maybe I will buy something new and that would be bizarre to me.  :o :o

I already bought  a lovely cotton jumper at St. Vinnies. Only cost $2.50

I m so confused.

Gert

And PS. What you mean no duck? You never heard of a beer ass duck on the BBQ. Of course I can shoot a duck. The duck season isn't closed is it? Chookie can you bring your AK 47? I can't bring mine on board.

Gert

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:46:24 pm by Gertbysea »

Bonsai

« Reply #432 on: May 18, 2012, 02:48:30 pm »
Gert you are soo funny. Really wish I could get time away from work to go with you all. Is there any way that 'day trippers' can drop in and say hello?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 18, 2012, 02:50:14 pm »
Do you mean we have to get them before we leave home or at a place there in Gracetown CP.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 03:15:45 pm by judydawn »

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 18, 2012, 03:19:07 pm »
Do you mean we have to get them before we leave home or at a place there in Gracetown CP.

Just bring a tea cosy JD you can wear it on your head.

Gert
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 03:20:17 pm by judydawn »