Author Topic: Tender Sand Balls  (Read 15905 times)

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
Re: Tender Sand Balls
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 11:11:49 am »
Cookie you are so lucky to have such beautiful furniture.   In an earlier life I trained as a furniture designer,  and still lust after good honest timber furniture.  Enjoy every moment you spend with it.

Good honest timber furniture is sooo hard to find.  I'm always looking for real tongue and groove, and checking to see if the inside of drawers are stained, and whether the back is solid or just cheap plank.  It's amazing how lazy some people are, and then try and charge high prices for half a job!  Shop owners don't like it when I open all their drawers....
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tender Sand Balls
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2010, 05:58:10 am »
Good on you Cathy. You are so right, they put cheap junk on the back or in the drawers. We had a wardrobe made by this guy and it is a 3 door one and one side is all shelves. (it was originally to put Mum's clothes in when she was in the nursing home)
All the shelves are all jarrah too. He is pricey but you get what you pay for and he is a real craftsmen and has some beautiful designs.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/