Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 368795 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #450 on: September 06, 2014, 05:32:50 am »
Tomorrow morning I am having a play with the new model.   Will let you know what I think.  Will try and take note of the questions asked, and answer them.  May not be able to report back until Sunday night at earliest as it is Fathers Day tomorrow and family coming for early Dinner. So may be Monday morning.  

Chookie, would love to know what you think about the 'higher' temp.  Whether you can see a difference or not. :))

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 06, 2014, 05:45:13 am »
I'll look forward to your review Chookie

Offline lonnie

• View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 06, 2014, 06:14:04 am »
I found this forum and thread when searching for info after attending a demo two weeks ago. I was quite taken with the TM but didn't order one at the time. Then when I saw there may be a new model I held off ordering... and now I'm not sure whether the new model will be available without it being demonstrated, or how long it will take to organise a demo?

Does anyone know about supply/stock levels in Australia?

Cheers.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: September 06, 2014, 06:59:07 am »
Sorry Lonnie, no idea. I'm sure someone may be able to help you though.

I had forgotten all about this! It looks kind of interesting. I'm not rushing out to get one.
Bonsai, you don't want to buy my HMP do you?  ;) ;)
Chookie, that was quick. I will look forward to your comments too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline anniebygaslight

• View Profile
« Reply #454 on: September 06, 2014, 07:01:38 am »
I am furious that the company did not tell me that a new model was imminent when I purchased mine only three months ago. I would have waited.  Whilst I love my machine,  I would have preferred to have been given the option not to buy one that was about to become obsolete.  

This has gone down like a lead balloon in the UK, where facebook pages are positively buzzing with indignation.

I think the company have done themselves a great deal of damage.

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #455 on: September 06, 2014, 07:12:46 am »
lonnie: if you want to order without a demo you can. Any consultant can order one for you. However they will try to get you to do a demo because you get a free thermoserver (and they get to sell to other people). you won't get the free thermoserver without the demo. if that's not an issue then you can order just tell the consultant you don't want a demo and just want to order. I'm pretty sure stock levels are fine.

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 06, 2014, 07:13:49 am »
i'll find out about stock levels when I speak to GL and let you know :) But I'm pretty sure they have stock in when you release a new model.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 06, 2014, 07:34:38 am »
My friend is a consultant and is in love with the new model. She is getting hers tomorrow so I am already considering booking in a demo. I previously bought from Germany but with the computerised system it would be a slightly more riskier proposition to purchase overseas IMO.
Kylie

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 06, 2014, 07:40:24 am »
Lucky, lucky you Chookie. What recipes are you going to test? Exciting! 😄

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 06, 2014, 07:56:38 am »
does it not have a rice basket?  :(
:D

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #460 on: September 06, 2014, 08:03:42 am »
Yes, there is one, astarra. Have a look at Helene's website where it has a pic showing all accessories.

My friend is a consultant and she's very excited about it. She's finding out whether ex-consultants can re-train and be given some time to earn a new machine. If I can earn it over a period of three months, I'd retrain. I loved working with people and cooking for them, just the pressure sales not so much. This time, I'd approach it differently and do it my way, if I decide to re-train.

Thinking...thinking.... ;)
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 06, 2014, 08:09:31 am »

http://www.superkitchenmachine.com/wp-content/uploads/new_thermomix_TM5_compare.jpg

Hi Astarra - yes it includes the rice basket, etc.  Have a look at the link for a comparison.  

MJ - beat me to it.. ;D ;D  Good luck with your decision!  It would be tempting, I agree!

Offline Bootobethin

• View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 06, 2014, 08:17:01 am »
Does the new design butterfly fit the TM31?
Or does the bowl design change mean they are not inter changeable.
Just wondering.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 06, 2014, 08:20:20 am »
Does the new design butterfly fit the TM31?
Or does the bowl design change mean they are not inter changeable.
Just wondering.

That's a good question!  I'd be interested in that one, too.  I daresay the answer will be forthcoming soon enough!! lol

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 06, 2014, 08:24:52 am »
Now this comment from Helene's blog is VERY interesting...
"
Cathy 5 September 2014 at 11:41 pm (PERMALINK)   

I just ordered my Thermomix on the last day of August. They had a special deal with a free bag and kitchen set. I have received an email from Thermomix with the options of me purchasing the new model for the introductory price of $1,989 with standard host rewards and qualifying demo. or Continue with the purchase for model 31 with standard host rewards, and the advertised promotion at a rebated price of $1689. Apparently they will continue with demo’s until the end of the year for the 31 Model.
So I can choose which model I would like, but I’m not sure which one I will go with just yet, plus if I go with the new model, my consultant may not know how to operate it for my demo. "
:D