Author Topic: WA Retreat Weekend  (Read 469592 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: WA Retreat Weekend
« Reply #1785 on: August 21, 2012, 11:35:18 pm »
Thanks for the good wishes everyone.  Spending the day with friends here in Perth.  No doggies at Quarantine when we arrived so could have brought the Bay leaves.  Will get some today and DH can help me finish HIS goodie bags.  It is so nice to feel warm after weeks of cold at home.  We don't mind if it rains as there are no Snow flakes in it. 
CC ,  I wish you were here also.  That would make it perfect. We will take lots of photos so every one can share.
Nazar,  I had the same trouble with Tenina's ordering page.  Looking forward to meeting you.
Faffa, glad you could work around your job.  Going to be good fun.
Cecilia,  it is a long trip.   Hope everything goes OK.  We travelled Jetstar, and had just a cup of tea and a packet of nut,  which we shared.  We never eat much on planes.
Hally,  thanks for the offer.  Nice to know that help is at hand.
Miss Maud's buffet,  for those interested.  $45 plus drinks.  Lots of food but a bit bland.  Hot and cold selection,  plenty of seafood which seemed most popular.  I think us TMX ers are a bit fussy when we are paying for food.  Staff good.

Judy I hope everything goes well at the airport.  The iPad will NOT pickup the Internet on the plane,  but will show what is already there.  So if you look at a page on the Forum ,  and then switch thr iPad off, when you switch it on again , it will show this page but no other on the forum.
More later........

mcmich

« Reply #1786 on: August 21, 2012, 11:40:47 pm »
Glad you arrived safe and sound Chookie. have a lovely day with your friends and will see you tomorrow night for dinner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: August 21, 2012, 11:49:25 pm »
Chookie are you wanting bay leaves from a bay tree? If so I can pick some from our trees :)

Its cold here Chookie  :)

Miss Mauds, yes lots of food but not much of it. We only eat at a very few restaurants here in Perth due to quality. PM if you need recomendations.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #1788 on: August 22, 2012, 12:02:28 am »
Hally,  I would love some of your Bay Leaves.  I need 60.  Would you have this many.?

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: August 22, 2012, 12:09:13 am »
Yes I have  9 bay trees :)

Do you want them fresh or dried?

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: August 22, 2012, 12:35:15 am »
Have a lovely time ladies am looking forward to seeing the pictures  ;D

Offline Mrs KK

• View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: August 22, 2012, 12:40:31 am »
Good morning ladies - just having a quick read (spose to be getting ready for work). I am looking at what everyone is writing and smiling in disbelief that we are actually going this weekend... I got goosebumps. Really excited to meet you all - it is going to be fun. Welcome to the interstaters - you need to send the rain back over east though. Regardless the weather won't stop us. Yeooow  :)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: August 22, 2012, 12:55:05 am »
Mrs KK, did you work out your goody bag?

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1793 on: August 22, 2012, 01:32:21 am »
Mrs KK, Adelaide is going to get the weather Perth has just had (starting tomorrow) so it looks like it is leaving your state and heading east.  We always used to get Perth weather 3 days later but in recent years this hasn't been happening.  Someone is looking down on us at the moment though and it looks as if our wish for pleasant weather is going to be granted for our special weekend.

Hally, 9 bay trees!  You obviously didn't plant them just for the leaves as 1 tree would have supplied you with ample - mine is just in a pot but is quite big.  Chookie, our household can help you finish off your goodie bag gift once Hally gives you the bay leaves if you need any help there. Good thing you mentioned the bay leaves on here and that Hally responded.

Thanks for the info on iPad and plane.  I will make sure I download from the forum before boarding the plane so that I can at least read something on the plane.  If I get a seat next to ES, I daresay we will find plenty to talk about though.

CC, what a bonus it would have been to have an overseas member join us.  You will hear all about the weekend though through one of your many friends plus see photos posted on the forum. We want everyone to be a part of this inaugural forumfest.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: August 22, 2012, 01:45:05 am »
thanks for that cuilidh for telling me .l will tell him
l am hoping that l can take my sons ipad with me so we can take a video of us at the retreat to share with everyone else on the forum my husband needs to give me lessons first as l am clueless , he will work out easiest  way for me
thank you

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: August 22, 2012, 01:49:11 am »
Have fun everyone...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: August 22, 2012, 02:01:17 am »
I am sitting here having a cup of tea and should be revving up the car instead   :D
look forward to seeing you all in a couple of sleeps. happy travelling everyone  :-* :-* :-*

PS. As I understand there is still one spot left so if anyone from overseas or interstate wants to come there is time to jump on the plane  :D :D

Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: August 22, 2012, 02:01:19 am »
Nazar I can show you in about 30 seconds how to,take a video and email it home.

Even an idiot such as I can do it so you can too.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Tenina

• The new publicity shot…
    • View Profile
    • Tenina.com
« Reply #1798 on: August 22, 2012, 02:03:10 am »

If you guys want Crio Bru, put your orders in online with WA pick up and I will bring with me! ALL GOOD!
from tenina

l had a look at your website and could not find any crio bru listed for sale to put an order in  , just books and spatulas

was l looking in the wrong spot ?

welcome mrs , mr chookie  not long now and we will all meet , l am so excited
[/quote]

Welcome to the west guys…sorry its cold and miserable today, but nice sunny days ahead on the weekend…crazy manic nuttso busy, so not reading all the threads…

my website does not stock crio bru… you have to go to http://criobru.com.au mark your order as for Perth pickup (so you can avoid postage) and then make a note that I need to bring it with me…all good right up until about 8am Friday  morning…after that, you are on your own!! (As I head off to chauffering duty about 8.15)

See you down there!  (or on the way…I am the one with the subtle ‘Crio Bru’ sign on the back of my car!!)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: August 22, 2012, 03:18:12 am »
Just popped out to Dan Murphy's. Couldn't get Benjamin's Port so we have Orlando. Judy we have a bottle of Moscato and a bottle of Rose. Both Banrock Station. I quite like their wines as I am no wine c....ss.....r. I just know what I like.

Before I went out I whipped up a batch of Chookie's sourdoough bread. Chookie and DH a big thank you. I fed it last night and made a batch of bread this morning.(it's still rising of course) The TMX makes it so easy. I have fed the starter and put it back in the fridge for after the retreat. It is a wonderful way to do sourdoough. I have a couple of questions to ask but will do so on the retreat as they aren't urgent.

I'm excited too. Picking Mr and Mrs Chookie up really brought it home to me. Then tomorrow others arrive.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/