Author Topic: Carrot, Coriander and Coconut soup  (Read 4869 times)

Offline zebraa

• View Profile
Carrot, Coriander and Coconut soup
« on: May 11, 2013, 07:31:17 am »
I love the carrot soup in the EDC but I can't find the book so had to make it up. And then tweaked it. And OMG it is good. If you like coconut which I do. This would also be great as carrot and pumpkin or carrot, pumpkin. sweet potato.

1 red onion in TMX
20 ml Avocado oil (any suitable cold pressed oil)

Chop in TMX till done to yoru preference then S1 100 deg 5 mins

Once it is hot add 1/2 tsp dried coriander, 1 tsp turmeric, the washed roots from a couple of stems of coriander. Cook for a few minutes.

Add 500g-1kg of carrots (or mix of vegies) and half a bunch of coriander. Blitz - S6 for a few secs till grated
Add 400g chicken (or pork) bone broth, 400g water, 2 Tb vegie stock concentrate.

Cook 15-20 mins S1 100 deg, then blitz S9 1 min. Add can of ayam coconut cream (or less depending on taste) and cook for 5 mins.

Serve with fresh coriander and some toasted almonds or toasted fresh sweetcorn or even bacon.

Could leave out the dried spices at the start and add some fresh ginger and orange zest for a different awesome flavour combo.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Carrot, Coriander and Coconut soup
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 02:32:52 pm »
You sound very happy with your version zebra - amazing what you can do when you just wing it!  It sounds very tasty and I'm a coriander lover so it's right up my alley.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
Re: Carrot, Coriander and Coconut soup
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 04:05:19 am »
Looking forward to trying this! Love the sound of those flavours!! :)