Author Topic: Devil of a Cookbook - links to reviews.  (Read 70573 times)

Offline Connars nan

• View Profile
Re: Devil of a Cookbook - links to reviews.
« Reply #90 on: July 07, 2012, 12:50:17 am »
well my cookbook arrived yesterday I thought I purchased devil of a cookbook but apparently I bought quick fix in the thermomix so now I will have to go and do some more research I can't work out where I went wrong when ordering oh well never mind

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 07, 2012, 12:58:20 am »
 :D :D :D ;D  Maybe you ordered both CN and the other is still coming.  You will be happy with QFITT though - check out the reviews too. Can I suggest you join Alyce's mailing list - she sends out free recipes from time to time which is nice of her.
Here's her website where you can register.  It looks as if she has a second book in the pipeline too.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline STD

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 07, 2012, 01:10:21 am »
 :)Thanks for the welcome guys! I have cooked heaps of recipes from this book and love them all so far. Of course I have made a few tweaks as I always do to suit me and my funny tastes!
I can't make up my mind which dish to do tonight - the beef or the lamb and now I'm drooling over the fragrant chicken! I've decided to cook all three with heaps if rice and invite friends found to help eat and review the dishes at the same time!!! Wish me luck!!!

Ciao for now. - gotta go shopping!!!
Sam :D ;DD

Offline STD

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 07, 2012, 01:16:23 am »
Oh forgot to say thanks for letting me know about the date and coffee muffins knittercook - I'm inspired to give them a go now! Sometimes weird combos work so this could be one of them although I suppose dates and coffee aren't such a weird couple when I stop and think about it. One bitter one sweet! Could be a perfect match!!! putting dates on the shopping list! ;)

Sam :D

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #94 on: July 07, 2012, 02:08:56 am »
<snip> Even with all the faults in the book there is no reason not to buy the book to help the Devils  but it may be better just to send a donation directly <snip>

Gert, here's the link if you'd like to do that.  Please mention that you learned about the project through the Cookbook publicity though - give credit where it's due. 
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 07, 2012, 09:19:32 am »
I can't wait to get back to Maggie Beers and Hahndorf later this year. I love going to Beerenburg and stocking up on all their goodies too, and of course the Angaston dried fruit place too. A dear friend gave me a book from there. :-*
Last time we were in SA we came home with so many goodies they covered the dining room table. (150cm x 150cm) We hope to call in to Banrock Station too this year and see their bird sanctuary. (being there I will of course have to try some wine) It can mature all the way over the Nullabor.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Bambi

• View Profile
Re: Re: Devil of a Cookbook - links to reviews.
« Reply #96 on: July 07, 2012, 10:25:21 am »
Isn't the devil cookbook $40? Or am I wrong?

I know as consultants we make no commission as 100%of the sale price goes to devils

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 07, 2012, 01:05:18 pm »
Plenty of room Gert, right by the toilet too. 

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 07, 2012, 01:19:13 pm »
It sure is. Especially for those very dark nights and the park toilets are half a km away. Great for bush camps too, hot shower and the toilet.

Offline Bambi

• View Profile
Re: Re: Devil of a Cookbook - links to reviews.
« Reply #99 on: July 07, 2012, 01:37:02 pm »
No 100% of the sale price afaik. And no postage if you buy from your consultant is there? If you have one around I guess

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2012, 09:22:48 pm »
Has anyone made the Peanut Satay Sauce on page 37?

Cecelia, have you made this?

Halex :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline cecilia

• View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2012, 12:01:56 am »
Not yet, Halex, but I have it on the list.  Check ThermoMrs list - it's on there, up the top.  Last night I made Spicy Tomato Bean and Chocolate Pudding and both were good, which is saying something if they turn out first time when I cook them.  LOL. 

Offline STD

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2012, 05:38:50 am »
Hi Cecilia,

I tried this peanut satay sauce yesterday and it had a lovely flavour. I added more peanut butter as I wanted it a bit thicker but that's what recipes are all about - changing them to suit yourself  :) - half the fun!!! My partner said he'd have liked it thinner to soak his copious amount of rice up with so just goes to show we all have different tastes!  :D It made enough sauce for around 2 meals and I used it with chicken and toasted cashews - yum!

Sam  :)

Offline cecilia

• View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2012, 06:52:16 am »
There you go, Halex - thanks so much for your advice, STD.  :)  I'm still loving this book, too!  You seem to have cooked more than I have from it, so keep talking...  Later in the week I am planning "Fried Rice" and the Christmas Salad.  I think they will both make great side dishes.  It will be interesting to see how far they go as I'm contributing to a meal for 8 adults.

My sister tried the Fragrant Chicken Curry this week and loved that and I've heard heaps of people raving about the Pea Soup. I want to try the ones I haven't heard people commenting on, though.  Did Oliebollen again yesterday, with craisins - yum.  Will catch up with the Satay eventually, Halex.  Meanwhile, thanks for answering, STD. 

Offline STD

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2012, 01:44:43 pm »
No probs Cecilia!  :) I've thought of trying the fried rice too so shall wait and see what you think of it now before I do!

I had my curry night the other night but haven't had time to jump back on and give people's opinions. I'm not sure this is the right place to give feedback on the recipes but here we go anyway!  :D

I cooked Turmeric Lamb; Fragrant Chicken Curry and Sweet Morroccan Curry for 7 friends. Interestingly the girls all voted the Chicken Curry the dish of the night as they loved the fresh flavours and lighter meat while the boys were split 50/50 on the lamb and the beef. From my point of view I thought they were all great although I'm not really a sweet curry fan so would reduce the sweetness in the beef curry next time ... VERY tasty though and super easy and the beef was cooked well. The lamb surprised me with the depth of flavour as did the chicken curry - not really many ingredients but loads of layers of flavours. I didn't use the cinnamon stick in the lamb as I'm not a fan of biting into a piece of spice (stat anise, cinnamon etc) so used the ground cinnamon instead. Which was my favourite? Let me just say I loved them all!

For dessert I made the Citrus Mascarpone Tart for the first time - delish!!! ;D I cheated and used shop bought mascarpone but my TMX was glaring at me accusingly from it's corner on the bench so I shall have to try making my own next time! Has anyone tried making mascarpone?

Sam  :)