Author Topic: Crema de Espárragos Blancos (White Asparagus Soup) - with photo  (Read 4834 times)

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
Crema de Espárragos Blancos (White Asparagus Soup) - with photo
« on: December 15, 2011, 01:56:48 pm »
Name of Recipe:  Crema de Espárragos Blancos (White Asparagus Soup)

Number of People:  4-6

Ingredients:
Grated cheese to sprinkle on top
1 x 520g jar white asparagus, with its liquid
520g milk
30g plain flour
50-55g butter
2 tsps vegetable bouillon powder (you may need less if using TMX stock)
Pepper
Nutmeg

Preparation:
Grate the cheese in the bowl by dropping chunk of it onto running blades Speed 6 or 7 or 8, depending on the hardness of the cheese. 
Remove and reserve.
Put the remaining ingredients into the  *: and programme 20 minutes / 90° / Speed 5.
Serve, garnished with the grated cheese.

Tips/Hints:  The original recipe calls for the soup to be garnished with crisped Serrano ham, but as a vegetarian, I opted for cheese. It also suggests that you strain it through the internal steaming basket - don't create washing up, it is not necessary!

I have also scaled down the quantities to suit the size of jarred white asparagus that I can easily buy.  Finally, I used plain flour rather than cornflour.

Origin:  Adapted and translated from Imprescindible para tu cocina, the standard Spanish TMX book.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 01:58:39 pm by JuliaBalbilla »
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

Offline Woerd

• View Profile
Re: Crema de Espárragos Blancos (White Asparagus Soup) - with photo
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 11:55:13 pm »
Made this last night.  It was very tasty.  I had two bowls : )  I found that speed 5 was too fast so I used speed 3.  I also added cheddar to the soup while I was cooking it as well as just a little cayene pepper to give it a bit of bite.  Will make again.  Loved it.