Author Topic: Vegan Mango Mousse with Cashew Cream  (Read 5338 times)

Offline Denzelmum

• View Profile
Vegan Mango Mousse with Cashew Cream
« on: December 24, 2011, 11:53:45 pm »
Name of Recipe: Vegan Mango Mousse with Cashew Cream
Number of People:6-8

I love Aine McAteer book, Recipes to Nurture - healthy but not boring approach.  The recipe is very versatile, you can change around with what's available or serve it differently - as mousse or just slice it as jelly, very adaptable with fruit in season and sweeten naturally.  This is one of our family favourites, and we have it for our Christmas dessert.  Of course with Thermomix, it's super easy.

Ingredients:
MOUSSE:
4 cups apple juice (or pear juice, apricot or mango nectar)
pinch of sea salt
5 TBSP agar-agar (I used a sachet of powder agar-agar)
5 ripe mangos (try peaches, pear, apricot, strawberry, blueberries or mixture - any fruit but not citrus), peel and cut
toasted flaked almonds, to garnish

CASHEW CREAM:
1-2 cups apple juice
1 1/2 cups unsalted cashews
2 TBSP maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 TBSP maple syrup
pinch of sea salt

Preparation:
Put all mousse ingredients except mango and flake almond into  *:, speed 3, 100oC for 10 min, then 7 minutes, speed 3 at 80oC.  While cooking, peel and dice mango, put them in the bowl.  Pour the agar-agar into the bowl to cover mago.  Cool it then put it in the fridge at least for 1 hour.

In the mean time, prepare the cream.  Place 1 cup of apple juice and remaining sauce ingredients in the  *:.  Blitz at speed 8 for 40-60 seconds, check consistency and add apple juice to desired consistency.

Before serving break up the jelly and put them in the  *:, blitz speed 6 for 10 second, use spatula to help mixing another 5-10 seconds to desired consistency.

Spoon the mousse into individual serving glass and chill before serving.  Top each with a dollop of cashew cream and sprinkle over some tasted flaked almonds.

Photos:

Tips/Hints:
Can easily half the recipe.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 11:11:23 am by Denzelmum »
Vegetarian family in Sydney

When you take time to prepare healthy food for family and friends, you are offering them a special gift.  Not only will they feel nourished by the nutrients in the food but also by your generosity in creating delicious treats for their enjoyment.

Offline jkmt

• View Profile
Re: Vegan Mango Mousse with Cashew Cream
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 11:52:54 am »
This looks lovely. I will be trying it when I get home from holidays. Oh how I'm missing my TMX cooking at the moment!
Jenny, Central Coast NSW

I'd rather cook than clean!