Author Topic: Too Easy Raspberry Cheesecake  (Read 22226 times)

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
Re: Too Easy Raspberry Cheesecake
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2011, 11:55:03 am »
Oh so pretty JD!

Now, I do recall seeing in my travels that in such a cake, you do need to use full fat for it to set correctly. I'm sorry, I didn't even think to mention it  :(

I'm under the impression you only need to use the full fat philly though!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2011, 11:59:10 am »
Yes I should have known better LeeJ but I rarely make cheesecakes these days - not a problem, it was just for us.  Thought I had better make something for DH's birthday, hence the hearts instead of swirling it through as you would have.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline LeeJ

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2011, 12:01:13 pm »
Hopefully with a nudge along in the freezer, it will some along alright.

Such a shame when you've put the work in though :(

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 03:20:40 pm »
What are Scotch Finger biscuits?

here is a recipe i found CC as I cant get them over here and got my taste buds going and as they said they taste like them I was going to give them a go..only thing is I cant get that drink powder (malted milk drink) so i thought id just put some powdered milk with a little malt or malt drink?? pretty easy to convert to thx

Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2011, 05:10:04 pm »
Thanks Frozzie for the recipe. Would you like me to send you some Horlicks  ;D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 05:23:42 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 05:28:11 pm »
hi CC
that is so sweet of you but I will first try and see if there is a 'substitute' here....if I cant Ill definately let you know  :) :) :)  What is in it anyway is it like they said just a malted milk drink??  Is it natural or full of additives etc??

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 05:57:02 pm »
hi CC
that is so sweet of you but I will first try and see if there is a 'substitute' here....if I cant Ill definately let you know  :) :) :)  What is in it anyway is it like they said just a malted milk drink??  Is it natural or full of additives etc??
Here's the link to the Horlicks site on the ingredients
http://www.horlicks.co.uk/products/PDFs/Horlicks-Original.pdf
Doesn't look to bad,had to look up Ferric Pyrophospate :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 01:52:21 am »
Hi Frozzie, nice to see you back posting  :-* :-*  Thanks for the link to those biscuits - I am so going to give them a try when my bikkie barrel is empty as I have a tin of malted milk powder languishing in the pantry.  Might even dip the ends in chocolate  :-)) :-))

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2011, 03:20:47 am »
After posting this thread and making these biscuits please refer to this recipe containing further alterations

Me too - I have already converted recipe to TM so will post it for you all to try - just in case I don't get around to it today!!!!!!!!!
Here goes - will put it in biscuit section after I have made it. Thanks Frozzie for the link  :)  :D  :D  :D -
Not a Scotch Finger Biscuit

315g plain flour/SR flour
1 teasp baking powder
¾ cup malted milk powder
225g butter, at room temperature
85g cream cheese, at room temperature
225g sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 teasp vanilla extract

1.    Preheat oven to 180⁰C
2.   Pulverise sugar – 3 secs – speed 9.
3.   Add  cubed butter +  cubed cream cheese - speed 5 – 3 mins.
4.   Add the egg and vanilla – combine 30 sec – speed 4 - 5.
5.   Add sifted flour, malted milk powder, baking powder – mix 20 secs – speed 5. Beat together just enough to combine.
6.    Either pipe strips or place teasps mixture onto papered biscuit tray.
7.    Bake 10 – 15 mins until the bottom edges are light golden colour. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely

Hardly wait until these are made and reviewed Judy you probably need to get onto this xx  :D  :D  :D  :D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:07:09 am by johnro »
Robyn from Rockhampton, Qld  :)

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2011, 03:37:40 am »
Judy, I forgot to mention in the last post - (so excited by the link from Frozzie) - regarding your problem with the cheesecake not setting, I have a similar recipe which I have been making for years - however it has the 1/2 cup lemon juice which is necessary so that the cheesecake will set.  The recipe which I mentioned includes adding the 2 eggs - the yolks of which are added to the beaten condensed milk and cream cheese, beat this well , then stir through lemon juice - the whites are stiffly beaten until soft peaks form and then folded through mixture.  Passionfruit or raspberries can be stirred through. I have never had an issue with cheesecake not setting - always a hit!!!!!!!  :)  :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2011, 04:10:00 am »
Thanks for the conversion Robyn but I can't do it just yet as I still have 2 different types of cookies in the barrel. :'( :'(
I was wondering if we could cut the amount of sugar in that recipe?

I have just cut a piece from the frozen cheesecake and placed it into the fridge to see how long it takes to get to the consistency suitable for serving so I will get back to you on that one.  It may end up being a good thing I had to put it in the freezer as we will have a ready dessert on hand and there will be no need to rush into eating the whole lot.

Offline joynatalie

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2011, 07:57:50 am »
Every time I get on this forum I gain a kilo :o

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2011, 03:02:19 pm »
thanks for the link CC...still havent had a chance to check it out  :-*

thanks JD   :-* ...im trying...last couple of days here before the french 2 month school summer break...its been crazy around here lately plus DH was getting grumpy about me spending so much time on the forum lol  think he was getting a tad jealous  ;D ;D ;D  but love this place and Im trying to not only check out new posts but also get back to converting and posting preferably while he is at work  ;D ;D ..not quite there yet but trying!!

robyn your a star...by the time i got around to converting you would have all converted and tested them lol!!  so what were they like or havent you made them yet??  Id be interested to know  ;)

ive been looking out for cookie stamps just to add that little something different !  Still havent found them yet except for one that says home made!!!

joynatalie...not only this forum but just owning the thx is not helping to lose weight...but rather add on kilo after kilo lol...too many good recipes...i keep getting asked by others to translate recipes ive made from either the forum or the english books...im planning on translating my favs in french and doing up a little book for my french thx friends with all recipes linked to their authors of course with links etcµ...i should just do it on my french blog so its all central and there is a 'live' link to the original recipe..not like i have the time though at the moment lol!!!

night to all the aussies  :-* :-*

Offline johnro

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2011, 11:14:31 pm »
Ohh Frozzie - I did make these yesterday after converting recipe, using SR flour (can you guess that I have way too much time being Qld school hols - despite having marking still sitting in here) - HOWEVER I am now about to make batch no. 2 using P flour.  You can guess what happened to first batch -  I had a biscuit tray full of a very thin slice.  I thought that as SR flour was used in many drop or piped biscuit the result would be similar.  The high fat content made these more like a shortbread and therefore P flour was needed.  By the time you emerge from the land of nod I hope to have posted a successful batch - BTW the 1st batch tasted great!!!!!!  :D  :D  :D
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 04:59:42 am by johnro »