Author Topic: Vanilla Yoghurt Pannacotta with Blueberry Jelly  (Read 3763 times)

Offline CateA

• View Profile
Vanilla Yoghurt Pannacotta with Blueberry Jelly
« on: April 25, 2011, 02:24:48 pm »
I had some left over blueberries after making my lemon and blueberry friands and felt like turning the blueberry juice, in particular, into a jelly, then realised I had a few bits to improvise some kind of pannacotta (albeit a much lower fat version). It's still setting in the fridge so I have no idea what it tastes like, I will keep you posted once I've tried it!  ;). This made 5 smallish serves. Make sure you use frozen blueberries, so that you get a juice out of them once they have defrosted. This is what you will use to make the jelly.
I have photos but I will have to post them later as we are having internet issues just now.

Vanilla Yoghurt Pannacotta with Blueberry Jelly

Vanilla Pannacotta

150gms low fat vanilla yoghurt (I'm sure full fat would be just fine also)
150gms cream (I used 17% fat but again, I'm sure you could use any type of pouring cream)
150gms milk
90gms raw sugar
dash of vanilla extract
90gms frangelico (brandy would also be fine)
1 tbspn powdered gelatine

Blueberry jelly

150gms frozen blueberries
50gms
1 Tbspn lemon juice, or to taste
100gms water
90gms raw sugar
1 tspn powdered gelatine

Place blueberries in a sieve over a jug. Allow to defrost for at least two hours and for juice to collect in the below jug. Set aside. 
Combine all ingredients except frangelico and gelatine in TM bowl and cook for 5 mins at 80C on speed 3. Add frangelico and gelatine and blend for 10-20 secs on speed 3. Allow to cool slightly and pour into dariole moulds or suitable dessert glasses/bowls. Place in the fridge for 1-2 hours, or until the surface of the pannacotta has set.
Press blueberries into sieve gently (don't mash the blueberries) to extract the last of the juice. Place the juice (there should approximately 50gms of juice), water and sugar into the TM bowl. Cook for 3 mins at 90C on speed 4. Add the gelatine and blend for 10 secs on speed 3. Allow to cool for about 20 mins.
Take partially set pannacotta and lay blueberries on top, then pour on cooled jelly to form a top layer to cover the blueberries. Set for another hour or two, then enjoy.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 06:48:58 am by CateA »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Vanilla Yoghurt Pannacotta with Blueberry Jelly
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 12:05:44 am »
Can't wait to see the photo Cate.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 07:47:59 am »
My mouth is watering Cate.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 09:42:36 pm »
yes also looking forward to the photo cate and how they tasted but they do sound yummy  :) :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/