Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4548951 times)

Mama Fergie

Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #4800 on: September 05, 2012, 12:08:48 pm »
What a beautiful place Gert. Haven't spent too much time in Sydney but one of the most beautiful harbors in the world.  Aren't we all so lucky to live in this wonderful country?  We are from Scotland but have lived here since 1981. We have no regrets and our children don't want to live anywhere else. We live on the ocean as I think  you do and every day it's different. Occasionally see whales migrating and dolphins  often in sight. Haven't been to Cairns but DH has. He loved it so we need to get there sometime soon. We have friends who have a home there.  :)

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: September 05, 2012, 12:24:56 pm »
Sydney is certainly a beautiful city and it was wonderful living by the water there and I  miss that. Here we do not live by the sea, well a couple of kilometres away but we do live in a rainforest with a creek behind the house. We have a lot more freedom of movement and it is a city of only about  130,000 and it is  tropical. I really hate the cold . I love the heat,  humidity and living outdoors all years around.

This is certainly an huge country with a diverse climate. Some love the bush and some love the cities.  I think I have the best of both worlds.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Mama Fergie

« Reply #4802 on: September 05, 2012, 01:15:52 pm »
Sounds like you certainly have the best of both worlds. I just assumed you lived by the sea because of your forum name but the rainforest and creek sound awesome.  We used to have a holiday home at Laguna Quays golf resort near Airlie Beach for about 5 years from the late nineties. We loved it and our business partner had the house next door so we could use both homes and take the whole family as could he. We had great times there and like you I love heat and humidity so I was in heaven.
One day we will get to Cairns. I don't mind cold so long as I have suitable clothes but hate cold winds. Love South Island of NZ and go there regularly but just wear suitable clothing and it's picture perfect. Scenery spectacular. My two sons there now ski-ing. Hope you enjoyed Margaret River  :)

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: September 05, 2012, 10:07:48 pm »
I woul love to get to the South Island  but only in the summer!

My name comes from the National,Anthem  Girt by sea. For some reason my kids have always called be Gert.

Morning everyone.
Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Jude59

• View Profile
    • Jude's Family Cafe
« Reply #4804 on: September 05, 2012, 10:34:04 pm »
I am from the south island of NZ originally. We go back regularly and always fly into queenstown and start with a few days there. The south island is very beautiful.
My Blog - Jude's Family Cafe -
http://judefamilycafe.typepad.com/

Mama Fergie

« Reply #4805 on: September 05, 2012, 11:39:36 pm »
The south island is stunning Jude. We love it. :)

Our two sons are there at the moment.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: September 06, 2012, 12:46:28 am »
I want to go on a holiday :) :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: September 06, 2012, 01:07:07 am »
You can't Robyn you have to save for your HMP  :D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: September 06, 2012, 01:29:46 am »
I know Yvette, only dreaming.

Wish there was another distributor in Cairns.... for HMP.

I just bought 6 aluminum cake tins from ebay. :)$0.99 plus $9 postage
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 01:32:20 am by obbie »
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Mama Fergie

« Reply #4809 on: September 06, 2012, 02:18:00 am »
Bargain Obbie  :)

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: September 06, 2012, 03:01:36 am »
Great price Robyn

jakodai

« Reply #4811 on: September 06, 2012, 06:45:01 am »
Well, my washing machine died the other day - Iwas kind of relieved. When I moved into my apartment, I had to give my clothes dryer away as I didn't have room for it, or ventilation. I've wanted a combo washer/dryer but couldn't bring myself to replace of my washing machine while it was still working, so I've been going to a laundromat in St Kilda (about 20 minute drive from my apartment courtesy of DS' dad) once a week or so to try my towels and sheets as my apartment is too damp for these items to dry on the hoist without getting that mouldy smell. I now have one of these:

It's going to make such a different to not have to plan the washing of my towels/tea towels/sheets. I can just wash them when they need to be washed!

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: September 06, 2012, 06:50:36 am »
Well,that is just lovely. How long is the cycle for wash and. Dry?

Gert

Offline Yvette

• View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: September 06, 2012, 07:02:20 am »
Have fun with it

jakodai

« Reply #4814 on: September 06, 2012, 07:02:38 am »
VERY long! I put a load of tea towels on, for a full wash, including pre-wash and dry and it said 4 hours. I haven't timed it, but it's just finsihed it's wash, which was 2 hours and now it's started drying it says 1 hour. It's a condenser dryer as opposed to a traditional dryer so it takes longer. Apparently it doesn't dry as thoroughly as a traditional dryer, but I don't know yet - I'll have to wait and see. So far I'm happy with it. It seems very thorough, and lot's of suds from a small amount of washing detergent, too. My old washing machine virtually never sudsed up. But this uses a lot less water, too, so I guess that's why.