Author Topic: problem with blades not rotatin  (Read 11429 times)

Offline bluesed

• View Profile
problem with blades not rotatin
« on: July 15, 2010, 02:31:51 pm »
Hi im new in this forum and this is my first post.

Im a chef in Spain and I have a TM31 which i just had repaired for 170€. It came back really nice but 4 days after when i wanted to make Gazpazio the knifes stopped rotating.

Im not a TM31 nerd so im not sure if there is a real problem or if its me who has to tighten the knifes some how.

The problem seems to be that they can spin around freely on the center cylinder so the cylinder dosnt get a real force on the blades to make them rotate.

Should i go and get i repaired or is there some where to tighten the blades?

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: problem with blades not rotatin
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 02:57:37 pm »
Hi Bluesed and welcome to the forum  ;D ;D

The only maintenance that the blades should require is to keep them sharp by crushing ice on a regular basis if you don't make sorbets etc regularly.

I would honestly contact Thermomix in Spain again and explain that you have just had it repaired but it still isn't working correctly and get them to look at it again.
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Hannah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 08:15:26 pm »
A friend at work had this happen to her eith no warning after about 18 months. The whole blade unit was replaced under warranty by Thermomix in Australia.
Barb from Aldgate, South Australia

Offline Millipede

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 03:24:28 am »
Yes this has  happened to me too when my machine was just over 2 years old. The spindle or axis the blades attach to spins but the blades dont (or at least any food in the bowl spots the blades turning but the motor still spins the spindle). I had to replace the whole blade componant. Unfortunately my machine was out of warranty so it cost me about Au$150.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 03:31:18 am »
Welcome to the forum Bluesed, wish it was under better circumstances though.  Do what the others have suggested, get on the phone quick smart and have it seen to - it is not something you can fix yourself.  Good luck.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 08:24:57 am »
Bluesed I hope you can get things repaired. Welcome to the forum, hopefully we'll hear more from you.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 04:22:43 am »
Welcome bluesed - what part of Spain are you in?

As Millipede indicated the blades can come loose - you can buy a new blade set and not have to replace the whole spindle.

You will need what we call Multigrips or pliers to tighten the knob on top.

Thermomix Espana should help - if you don't speak Spanish then send an email - there are English-speaking people there.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline bluesed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 01:58:49 pm »
Thanks for all the replies :)

So Multigrips or pliers is that some kind of tool i can buy and then tighten the blades my self or do I have to go to the repair shop?

Also i dont understand if i cant buy those tools and i take it to repair, will i need a new set of blades and cylinder or can the fix it?

I live in Sitges 25km from Barcelona.

PS I LOVE MY THERMOMIX and i have been reading a tons of recipes in this forum and they all seem very good and pretty easy to prepare.

I will contritbute with more experiences/recipes when i get my thermomix running again :)

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 03:08:13 am »
Sorry, yes you should be able to tighten the blades yourself with the pliers.  Sorry, there was a picture online somewhere, but I can't find it sorry
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.