Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6095189 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #24705 on: December 29, 2020, 11:38:32 am »
I think that’s wise Judy. No treadmill tonight.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24706 on: December 30, 2020, 09:35:04 pm »
Cookie, belated congratulations for wedding anniversary. Good way to celebrate.
Look after your back. Hope it improves.
Filling OP shop bag with clothes.
Well done Mab.  Trying to do same with baking stuff.  Very difficult. Not a lot of will powe here.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24707 on: December 31, 2020, 11:19:31 am »
Thanks Chookie. It is DD’s birthday today. DH AND I gave her a bracelet as it was a special birthday. She had wangled the day off so we hit the shops. We didn’t buy anything special, just had a look.  We were surprised at the clothing of a lot of people today- they were wearing minimalist clothing, because of the hot weather I guess. I think a lot forgot to check in the mirror before they left home.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24708 on: December 31, 2020, 07:13:50 pm »
We're having a big clearance / clean up in our garden over the holidays so it looks like it will be weeding and mulching for me, although I am not sure if that will happen as thunderstorms and heavy rain are forecast for today and the next few days. If I end up avoiding the garden work, I have heaps of business admin work to catch up on ... what a start to 2021.

Happy New Year everyone, our hope is that this year will be better than 2020.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24709 on: December 31, 2020, 07:38:55 pm »
Didn’t achieve a lot today. I had my weekly Skype chat to a group of friends this morning. This evening DH and I went to collect a “Click and Collect” grocery shop. Unpacking it I found a bad orange in my order, the other three oranges were fine.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24710 on: December 31, 2020, 10:14:16 pm »
Marina, give yourself a break. You have survived a difficult year.  Come for lunch  ;D
CC, I noticed that the quality of our last fruit and veggie delivery wasn’t as good as earlier lots.  Think it had been in cold storage for too long.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24711 on: December 31, 2020, 10:48:50 pm »
We would love to join you one day for lunch - I suspect it will depend upon how soon I can persuade DH that he needs some rest time before we have to return to Melbourne.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24712 on: January 01, 2021, 11:37:47 am »
I’ve never had to do an online order but I do see the people doing them when I shop. A lot of it seems to be grab and drop in the bags.

I didn’t do a lot today. Just the necessary jobs and dinner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24713 on: January 01, 2021, 07:39:55 pm »
 Cookie, the online ordering isn’t as good as shopping and selecting what you want. However it got us through the lock down. We were very grateful to the companies who provide this service. We tried one click and collect , but it didn’t work well fo us.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24714 on: January 02, 2021, 12:43:40 pm »
Well it’s been hectic quick 24 hr trip to beach ,just DD and I for new year ( DD girlfriend came to stay at beach ) home yesterday . Drove through a massive hail storm , hail covered the paddocks and road . We stopped many times , fork lightening at one stage 5 in front of us . As we were nearly home DS rang to tell us my friends property was hit by lightning and huge Phalaris grass fire ( all good it was put out by DH and brigade!! ) we could see it and it looked big . Then arrived home threw our bags inside put car undercover and the storm hit us full on DH was out putting fires out , DS manning the fire radio , then two fires were on our properties but only one which was a hay stack 140 bales gone , but they were a shared deal with hay contractor so it will be ok  . Fire trucks going past like Burke street . Then it poured and hail water was leaking into house , now please start laughing because it was crazy . I had managed to pack food away start dinner in hast , incase power went out ! 26 mls rain . Today it was steamy hot washed more clothes and bedding from the beach . Then yes it poured more storms , the power went out this time and a friend was about and hour away texted to say how bad it was , flooding . We had 26 in 20 mins !!
BBQ had to be used inventive - whole sweet potato in and added chicken pesto parcels later , light the gas jets with matches and steamed veg . We have had 40 mls of rain today . Well harvest will stop for awhile .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24715 on: January 02, 2021, 01:09:56 pm »
Well that was an exciting day K Atie, something a little different to the norm for you.  Glad everything worked out in the end for all concerned, country folk just seem to cope with anything thrown at them. I don’t think the rain is going to stop just yet according to the weather forecast tonight. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24716 on: January 02, 2021, 06:39:53 pm »
Crumbs, K Atie, what chaos.  Glad all is well now.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24717 on: January 03, 2021, 03:36:23 am »
Gosh KAtie, what craziness. Rotten luck about the hay. When do you hope to finish harvest? Most people over here try to finish before Christmas and usually do. But obviously the weather is different over your way. I hope fire didn’t get into any crops.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #24718 on: January 03, 2021, 04:12:51 am »
After the storm of last night (which, fortunately, was not nearly as bad here as K Atie had it), it was so warm and muggy outside I used that as an excuse to finally, after much procrastination and all this time, finish off some of the documentation I didn't get a chance to complete during lockdown ... only one project left to finish and I will be all caught up!

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #24719 on: January 04, 2021, 02:13:28 am »
Cookie harvest will be delayed for sometime but generally most of school holidays .
No fire in crops lucky .
Headed to Melbourne yesterday to spend time looking after DM . So today in Cemo  ward with DM while she has treatment! Life throws us challenges . Will stay a few days then work from there . DD and DS at home looking after each other , DH working and checking in on them .