Author Topic: Raw green pea and mint soup (review) Devil of a Cookbook  (Read 3580 times)

Offline Slice of Health

• View Profile
    • Slice of Health Facebook Page
Raw green pea and mint soup (review) Devil of a Cookbook
« on: December 30, 2012, 08:51:38 am »
I'm not a huge fan of the pea and mint flavour combination but if you were, this is really nice. I went a little overboard with the black pepper but still nice, and used 2 tspn stock paste instead of extra salt. Unfortunately I didn't quite have enough frozen peas so I made up the difference with frozen green beans and this seemed to be fine. I found the cooking time didn't produce a piping hot soup (which I prefer), so I added an additional 5 min at 100 deg, speed 1 with no effect or dulling to the nice bright green this soup should be. All in all, really nice if you like pea/mint flavour. Even though its not my favourite, still worth it because it is so quick and easy!  The recipe didn't state how many it serves, we got about 3 serves from it, perhaps 4 small servings as an entree.

It looks a little frothy because I wizzed it for 30 sec, speed 8 at the end of the heating, only because I used some beans I wanted to make sure it was smooth and there were no stringy bits.
Eva, Slice of Health (my personal Thermomix blog)
www.sliceofhealth.com.au
www.facebook.com/sliceofhealthrecipes
Darwin, NT

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: Raw green pea and mint soup (review) Devil of a Cookbook
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 09:35:50 am »
That looks yummy Kulsha!

I tried this one at the Devil of a Cooking Class. It was served chilled and was delicious. That reminds me, it's on my to do list!
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 11:22:01 am »
An awesome colour.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline misskalypso

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 02:34:48 pm »
This was yummy!  I don't normally like minted peas, but the mint is what really made this soup. Soooo simple and quick to make. I cooked up my (1/2 batch of) soup while my hubby reheated leftovers in the microwave for lunch today. Took about the same time! I think if I was going to make this for the family I'd have to make a couple of batches. Or maybe just make some yummy rolls to go with it. 

I also cooked mine for the extra 1m to make it hotter, but with that 'raw' taste still.